It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source: Specific, credible but unconfirmed threat to U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
White House, intelligence and other officials briefed members of Congress Thursday about a "specific, credible but unconfirmed threat" to the United States, a government official told CNN.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

Thoughts? They cite New York and Washington as possible targets.
edit on 9/8/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Kind of pointless to speculate as we don't have the information yet and doubt we ever will unless your in law enforcement.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Call me crazy but, I have a suspicion that they are going to be issuing these "threat alerts" very often in these coming months or so, followed by no actual threat occurring every time. Then, when they do it for the tenth time, a false flag attack will actually take place, and no one will suspect it because of the boy who cried wolf.

link   
How can it be credible if it's unconfirmed? Sounds like more fear mongering to keep the masses in line.

link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Yes, a real threat...

The US citizens should thank god they are protected from the evil things and demons and ogres and whatever. Now let's give up freedom of speech, privacy and trust the sources that evil in coming, also buy some war bonds and join the army.

link   
ABC News is covering it right now..

Just after the address ended.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
makes sense to use official powers to 'rub it in'

and reminds its sheeple we will protect you from those bad guys

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Ah have they figured out that they, themselves ( the U.S.government) are the real threat to the United States ? sorry really couldn't help myself !

It's a little bit vauge isn't it, hopefully we'll get more information soon
edit on 8-9-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: edited to make some kind of sense

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
the news is reporting this breaking right now...good timing...right after obama's chest pumping speech. i can't take anything seriously anymore

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
They are going to milk this anniversary for all it's worth. Good grief!
Throw away your idiot boxes now, people. Between the coming
election and this BS, the garbage coming at us is going to be
incoming at asteroid proportions.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It IS a credible threat. And it will continue to be one, until just before the Elections, when Super Obama will thwart the plan thus saving all of the world!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
White House, intelligence and other officials briefed members of Congress Thursday about a "specific, credible but unconfirmed threat" to the United States, a government official told CNN.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

Thoughts? They cite New York and Washington as possible targets.
edit on 9/8/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

remember how Authorities evacuated the NYC subway system for the weekend of Irene

even though she was just a raincloud & some wind? hmmm..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Sorry, but isn't it that time of year again, the time when they use 9/11 to roll out the fear, in an attempt to justify the ripping away of our rights? And look they are already pinning it on Al Queada.

ETA: I thought when they got Osama all this was supposed to just "go away". Looks like another glorious failure by the idiots in charge!

edit on 9/8/2011 by SpaDe_ because: commentary

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Funny how this comes during obama's speech.

His tactics are the credible threat.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Is Al Queada really capable of any sort of attack? Thought all the top people had been hunted down and killed?

Or is there a new bogeyman at the party?

link   
Oh they make me so mad I could spit.

I jumped up and turned the tv off.

God Bless America

And now we've got to inform you of this REAL and CREDIBLE terrorist threat coming to America. Our intelligence agencies have received information.....

DO they have to be so blatant with their crap?
There were the purple ties and the purple dress again. King and queen of the world, America's royalty, purple the color of change....and now here's the terrorist threat...we must fear the horror of the terror...trust your government, we will protect you while you cower in fear, because the truth is, we like it when you cower in fear.

link   
Call ME crazy.. But who has seen the video the quickening? It predicted a suitcase bomb here soon in DC or New York.. Call me even crazier.. But guess what happened on the 7th of this month in Delhi?
www.pravasitoday.com...
A suitcase bomb. Kind of creepy because I first watched this video on the 6th and I wake up with the TV on the news and it announced a suitcase bomb being detonated. I may be wrong about all of this but hey.. I wont be the first.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
Call ME crazy.. But who has seen the video the quickening? It predicted a suitcase bomb here soon in DC or New York.. Call me even crazier.. But guess what happened on the 7th of this month in Delhi?
www.pravasitoday.com...
A suitcase bomb. Kind of creepy because I first watched this video on the 6th and I wake up with the TV on the news and it announced a suitcase bomb being detonated. I may be wrong about all of this but hey.. I wont be the first.

Ahh yes the "Report any suspicious packages" theme again. Oh, and look right around the holidays too. Wow, not like everyone and their sister won't be walking around with "suspicious" packages or anything. Well with all this fear guess we better just cancel Christmas this year, and black friday for sure because there will surely be too many unattended "suspicious" packages on black friday.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Credible, yet unconfirmed? What? Did the person that did the crappy obama birth certificate doctoring put this release out?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Keep the sheep fearful, they will follow.

Give me a break!

The only thing we have to fear is what the hell they are planning on doing to keep the US in fear.

Let me pose a question, please. How many of you believe that the enemy, who is planning an attack, is going to give you a warning? It doesn't make any sense! Oh, USA...we are going to retaliate on 9/11, just want to give you a heads up.

That would be like 2 major league football teams sharing some of their play book with the other team - it DOESN'T happen!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join