It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scenario: You Are A Congressperson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You have been elected to one of the houses of the United States Congress. You and your colleagues are all ordinary citizens who have managed to convince the districts to dump their bought and paid for incumbents and take yourselves as their new representatives. What would you immediately like to do upon the very first session? What sort of bills would you introduce and help pass? What current laws must absolutely be repealed in order to restore economic sanity and stability in America, as well as essential liberties that have already been usurped? Should the Constitution be amended?

How would an ATS Congress look?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
impose term limits

impose a reduction in pay and benefits

and make a mandatory law that all laws be less than 5 pages long

ie if we need a team of 10000 lawyers to know whats in a bill.

and i would return the second ammendment to its orginal purpose to arm the citizen on par with their government.

end the federal reserve

edit on 8-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I will add that the Federal Reserve Act and Homeland Security Act be repealed, as well as Obamacare, gold and silver declared legal tender once again and English established as our official language. Also, our official motto should be "E pluribus unum" as our founders chose in 1782, and "In God We Trust" removed from all documents that mention it. The latter is clearly an infringement of secularism, regardless of what the corrupt SCOTUS says.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

dude you bring up a great point i was looking at prepaid master card and visas because to a platinum version

and everyone identy is fowarded and verfied by thhe patriot act and homeland security..

something as innocent as buying a computer a 2000 computer has to be reported

that is seriously messed up

definately add the patriot act

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverDusk
I will add that the Federal Reserve Act and Homeland Security Act be repealed, as well as Obamacare, gold and silver declared legal tender once again and English established as our official language. Also, our official motto should be "E pluribus unum" as our founders chose in 1782, and "In God We Trust" removed from all documents that mention it. The latter is clearly an infringement of secularism, regardless of what the corrupt SCOTUS says.

I like the way you think. Excellent post. Besides what you stated the only other thing I personally would push for is to cut out foreign aid.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think the biggest thing we could do is to put the senate election back to the state legislators. Something else I'd probably be for is getting rid of caucuses and the whip/leadership positions. Everyone in the Congress should speak and be able to stand on their own. There is nothing wrong with groups coming together on singular issues, but these should be temporary alliances quickly dissolved after the issue is settled.

Space exploration would be something that I'd try to get written in as a major mandate. I mean serious exploration and settlement on the Moon and beyond. There are resources up there and scientific advancements that can be made that would really help us here. Not to mention we need something to inspire people on a daily basis again.

top topics

join