It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Power Outage Hits Southwest US - Post Updates Here

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Do we believe TPTB would
tell us if this was terrorists
related? I have my doubts,
what about you?

They might tell us if it was a false flag terror attack, but a real one, don't know.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Do we believe TPTB would
tell us if this was terrorists
related? I have my doubts,
what about you?

If it was TPTB who caused this, I would assume they would've announced it as a terrorist attack by Iran. Otherwise, I think we can trust them. Not every level of authority is involved in a conspiracy to bring the world into subjection through fear and manipulation.
edit on 2011/9/8 by michaelwpayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by watchedbyskulls

Nice update. It's interesting to learn (and valuable info) that's it's all confined to one power company.

My thoughts had been with the false flag scenario, but if it's all one company, more likely just 'technical difficulties'. NOW, if that one company is a major router of electrical current throughout the rest of the region, well, then, all bets are off!

If I have typos in this, my apologies. I've just had a MAJOR sneezing fit! LOL

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PlantGirl

must be all the plants, girl!

link   
back channel info from imperial irrigation; a circa 1920 transformer on el centro blew and caused cascading failure. reliability of source is unknown.

link   
And what would cause such technical difficulties?
Do you think they would know right away?

Because I don't.

And I don't think computers just go belly up without any redundancy and crash a grid system.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
NYC is ready to give a Press Briefing about the new Threat for this weekend......wonder if something is in the works.

Do you have a link?

link   
Up in Glendale, CA at work right now. Power's still on, but it's been very hot the past couple of days.

link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

Same thing happened here in London UK Wednesday afternoon. Wondered if power stations were maybe replacing their fuses to give some form of protection against CME 's ?????

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
ok anyone in this area

Fighter jets may be heard or seen today over Ocotillo as a bi-national defense group tests responses, systems and equipment.

The North American Aerospace Defense Command — the bi-national Canadian and American command that provides maritime warning, aerospace warning and aerospace control over both countries — is conducting exercise flights today to practice intercept and identification procedures, according to a press release from the group. The flights are scheduled for early morning, but could be delayed due to weather conditions.

Flights are scheduled over Ocotillo and Ocotillo Wells, as well as in areas of the Stanislaus, Yosemite and Sierra national forests and the city of Fresno. Residents may see or hear the NORAD-controlled fighter jets in close proximity to a military or military-contracted aircraft.

NORAD continuously has exercises using a variety of scenarios, including airspace restriction violations, hijackings and responding to unknown aircrafts, according to the press release. All the exercises are carefully planned and closely controlled.

IF U SEE A NATO PLANE
please it a CANADIAN PILOT
please do NOT SHOOT DOWN.
were Canadian,, and just awarded General Pretauis, now your Commander of All c.i.a operations,,,
within and without,,

they nato and usa military aircraft are the good guys.

Watch your fire out there. small arms as well,,

after all it was a canadian who got the red barron

link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Seems hard to believe one old transformer could cause a cascading effect. You would think they have measures for this. But then again we do occassionally get rolling blackouts so, cascading happens, but then again this was said to not be a rolling event.

Guess we wait and see.

link   
Didnt President Obama mention that the US infrastructure needs to be updated really bad, well ofcourse at the same time there was a major power outage in the US Southwest...

How convenient on the timing?

link   
and for people that say it couldn't happen, it already has: www.securityfocus.com...

And when slammer hit, and the blackout hit, they said no, it was unrelated. Unless you worked in computer security, you probably never heard about it when they admitted it WAS, what was it? A month later?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

"a circa 1920 transformer on el centro"

well there's some maintenance jobs for the "jobs bill"

1920 transformer,, just a momemnt there while i bring that up too code,,1920 transformer,,seriously???

and there looking where too spend money for jobs?? seriously??

1920 transformer,,,would need some sort of
TRADE TOO REPLACE THAT I GUESS.

ohh wait laid them off,, u know,, cut costs,,,

edit on 8-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Oozii, Normally I would agree with you.

BUT, the CME's that were ejected have NOT yet hit the Earth. We can expect a glancing blow tomorrow through 9-11...

See here:
spaceweather.com...

And, "Good On Ya"....better to be thinking CME than Iran reverse-Stuxnet (although I wouldn't put it above TPTB to use the grid as the next 'warning' to conform).

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Laughing My Butt Off.....more like all the mold after the flood in the basement that Irene caused.....

But yes, there be LOTS o'plants around this homestead!

Still LOL'ing.....

PS: Thanks for that....a good laugh cures what ails ya!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by buskey
Something is apparently brewing inthe Southwest, could just be overloaded grid due to heat, please post any info or updates here.

Reports so far from California and Arizona.

On Twitter, people from all over the southland are reporting power issues. Some in San Diego reported a loss of power and cell phone issues.

Source: www.kesq.com...

Source: www.abc15.com...
edit on 8-9-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

must be a conspiracy hitting only California and Arizona...cause i live in New Mexico and eeerythang is fine here.

so....maybe you should adjust your title...since it's not entirely true. maybe a more accurate title might be something along the lines of:

Power outage strikes Southern California and Southwest Arizona.

which, by the way, wouldn't exactly qualify as "Massive".

just sayin...
edit on 8-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

WHAT?!?!?!

Just WHAT are you trying to say? I'm not blasting you here, just trying to understand your comment.

Could you please elaborate?

Thanks a bunch!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

"a circa 1920 transformer on el centro"

well there's some maintenance jobs for the "jobs bill"

1920 transformer,, just a momemnt there while i bring that up too code,,1920 transformer,,seriously???

and there looking where too spend money for jobs?? seriously??

1920 transformer,,,would need some sort of
TRADE TOO REPLACE THAT I GUESS.

ohh wait laid them off,, u know,, cut costs,,,

edit on 8-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

swamp gas did it

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join