It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Power Outage Hits Southwest US - Post Updates Here

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
On tv they talked about hooking the San Onofre nuclear power plant back up to the grid... This could be some false flag ploy to prove the viability of that power plant, since nukes are getting some negative press lately.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Lots of military bases in that general (pardon the pun!) area, including some weapons testing areas.

Might be a good idea to watch the skies tonight, if you are in the affected area.

Never know what you might get to see!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If this is anything other than just an accident or a logical explanation, its probably state sponsored.

Iran hacking US power grids? Lol, gimme a break. But I wouldnt doubt if it was blamed on Iran as justification to aggressively invade and conquer them and slaughter all who stand in the way, or to take away more liberties and centralize power and expand surveillance. That, would seem much more likely and closer to the PRS script, assuming its a nefarious act, and not just an unfortunate happening, of course.
edit on 9/8/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Severed, the lines were severed. Severed...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
KOGO just said it appears that ALL AREAS went down at once.

They say it was "VERY STRANGE" looking at the grid.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Looks like it's restoring in Coachella Valley and eastern Riverside County area.

blogs.pe.com...

My son lives in downtown San Diego, he tweeted that it's still out there. Not expected back on till tomorrow. My other son lives in Hemet in Riverside County, says power never went out there.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I live about 40 miles north of downtown LA and the power is on here. There was an emergency news ticker that appeared on the bottom of the screen during the GB vs. NO game. It said 1.4 million are with out power and it's happening in San Diego county, southern Orange county and a few surrounding areas. All are customers of the same power company.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I think this was a terrorist act. Heat is nothing new to us. I feel for all in that traffic right now. Filled all my water containers and tank with gas, even though my electricity is on. You never know.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
PG&E just said do not expect electricity tonight or even tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

I think this was a terrorist act. Heat is nothing new to us. I feel for all in that traffic right now. Filled all my water containers and tank with gas, even though my electricity is on. You never know.

It's not a terrorist attack. Some of us military people would be called out if it was, and we haven't been.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

SDG&E @SDGE If you have a personal family emergency plan, please activate it now. 30 minutes ago via web

Sdge twitter

Why the hell would they post that? Why would you need to activate an emergency plan for the power being out??? WTF?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Power just came back here in Imperial Valley (Southern/Baja California.)

The outage also affected Yuma, AZ, which is about an 45mins away.

Also, just want to add. This was not a terrorist attack. If some, like me, checked out spaceweather.com, or Nasa SOHO website, would know that the sun has given off about 5 CME's, Solar Flares, including 2 X-Class Flares.

Some were earth directed, causing our solar grid to go down.

Here are the websites if you'd like more info about what im talking about.

www.spaceweather.com
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
dx.qsl.net...

edit on 8-9-2011 by Oozii because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
kogo just said they wanted to be clear that the tranmitters were interrupted and severed, but not PHYSICALLY severed.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kansas City

I don't think they KNOW yet. (What it was.)
And would they call you out if it were a cyber attack? If you weren't a computer expert/MOS?

Because they happen all the time, China got caught with an open screen basically showing one not long ago at all.
edit on 8-9-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kansas City

stand down order just like 10 years ago

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
via KOGO that the Coachella and Salton Sea power plants had explosions.....

www.dslreports.com...

"KOGO reporting that lines have been CUT, one east, one north!! "

and if this is the new wave of terror, well then, things are going to get interesting....you know how easy it would be to get some explosives, go out to the boonies where there is a transformers / transmissions towers?
edit on 8-9-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
For those affected,and have access here,here is a link to the power grid map of the US.

www.geni.org...

And for California.

www.geni.org...

Also and interactive map showing power plants.

www.npr.org...
edit on 8-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

I would feel satisfied knowing that I made everybody uncomfortable

Terrorists go from blowing everything up, to unpluging your TV

I think you are over reacting....You never know.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymouth

Terrible that, not having power.

Imagine what people would do before its discovery.

The world probably would have ended.

Imagine that, all the EM stress in the environment is lifted. Don't you feel the difference in the buildings?

OMG wait, no TV? PANIC!!!!!

edit on 8-9-2011 by Anonymouth because: (no reason given)
I seriously don't think its because they're going to miss sa tv show that upsets people. Let's face it, we are living in scary times! Alien invasion...anyone!!???

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join