It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Power Outage Hits Southwest US - Post Updates Here

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Could this be linked to solar emissions?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wongy
well... mitch told you so:

SOMETHING did happen beneath the obvious smoke screen of a bumbling worker.

The DAY BEFORE the "blackout" in San Diego, my bro drove out to San Onofre to watch the sunset. As he passed the entrance to the beacch parking lot, he noticed a HUGE metal tube beiing loaded onto a semi-flatbed, suspended in some kind of steel grid. Inside was what looked like a giant motor. Whatever was being loaded appeared to come from the nuclear reactors (the cylindrical "breasts" that define the San Onofre power plant) where a giant crane was poised at the water's edge.

Finding it odd, but with a lot on his mind, my brother turned his attention to setting up on the beach to do some Yoga. He stretched out on his beach blanket as the setting sun shown around him and drifted off to sleep. He awoke just after full-darkness to the sound of helicopters coming in and landing next to the reactors. All the other cars in the parking lot were gone and he was the only one left on the beach. My bro observed six to eight large cargo helicopters (double bladed) fly in from Pendalton and land next to Onofre's nuclear reactors. He couldn't see if anything/anyone was being loaded or unloaded because all the cargo 'copters were flying IN TOTAL DARKNESS.

Why would half a dozen cargo helicopters be flying into a nuclear power plant with ALL their lights off? OBVIOUSLY, they didn't want to be seen by the general public.

Gathering his gear as quickly as possible, my brother hopped in his car and sped back towards the highway. As he passed the parking entrance, he noticed that the giant semi flatbed with the huge payload was gone.

The next morning -- the SAME day as the "blackout" -- I drove down to San Diego from LA for a reception. As I passed the San Onofre nuke plant, my companions exclaimed their amazement with a tubular structure suspended within a steel "cage" w/in a "cage" on the back of a semi-truck. They described the structure as massive, but since I was driving, I missed it.

That afternoon the power popped off, and our evening event was cancelled. None of the street lights worked, cell coverage was spotty to none, and the blackness that fell upon the city was only lessened by the moon's meager light. We all wondered if it had anything to do with the nuke plant. The cover of darkness would help a covert mission go unnoticed. We later learned that a "7-car pileup" on the 5 fwy blocked traffic in both directions. Coincidence?

Electricity was restored around midnite. A friend living in north-county said that something had happened at the plant and it had since been buzzing with activity. Undaunted, we set out to make the long drive back up to LA. It had been a sunny day and as evening fell, there was great visibility. The stars were out en mass.

We hoped to catch sight of San Onofre from the highway, but an incredibly dense fog strangely fell upon us. As we rolled pat the plant, we could barely see the tail lights from the car in front of us, much less the nuke reactors yards away on the beach. All the highway lights were dark up into central Orange County.

What are your thoughts on this ATS'ers?

What could those tubular engine things be?

Did anyone else see the same?

SMR

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
None of that Tweet or whatever it is, has anything to do about the San Diego blackout. We are not the South East. We are South Western United States.

The only conspiracy about this blackout is the fact that they are building a massive link called the Sunrise Powerlink. www.sdge.com...
Some do not want it, most do not want it going up where it is. They protested the hell out of it but that failed.
All this blackout was, was to shut customers up and show them that they NEED this powerlink.
Like any fear mongering, they removed a life source from people and now they can all assure them that with this new powerlink it wont happen again.

Has nothing to due with false flag operations at all. It has everything to do with money and how much more it will cost us here in San Diego for electricity. But hey ... at least we wont have any more blackouts ...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What I think is really stupid about this event is that the spokes people for the company claim that the event was caused by workers that removed something/messed something up causing the chain reaction.

You honestly expect me to believe that power for the entire SW coast of the US AND northern Mexico lost power because some employees broke something? I could believe it if it only happened in AZ but COME ON!

Solar flare is more believable than that.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A blackout also occured this day at 7 a.m. in Hamburg, Germany.

Alleged cause:
A cable defect.

Original Link (in German):
www.welt.de...

edit on 11-9-2011 by mrsbold because: edit

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by evil12day

You honestly expect me to believe that power for the entire SW coast of the US AND northern Mexico lost power because some employees broke something?

Not buying this either. There must be
something more safe guards in place. I wouldn't
want to be the employee that has that weight
on their shoulders. People make mistakes
everyday - you have to have a better plan in
place then to just make it the responsibility
of one lone employee.

Wouldn't this be the job of the computers
as well as humans?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It was copper thieves! A flash mob of Mexican copper thieves stole all the copper from the power transmission lines between Arizona and California, and on down through Baja California, and made a lot of money salvaging it. The explosions that occurred near Salton Sea were salvage yards that thought they could cheat on the scale weight, got caught, and were blown up by the angry Mexican mobsters...

In retrospect, it's absolutely AMAZING how fast PG&E and SDG&E can lay new powerlines to bring people back online!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
It was copper thieves! A flash mob of Mexican copper thieves stole all the copper from the power transmission lines between Arizona and California, and on down through Baja California, and made a lot of money salvaging it. The explosions that occurred near Salton Sea were salvage yards that thought they could cheat on the scale weight, got caught, and were blown up by the angry Mexican mobsters...

In retrospect, it's absolutely AMAZING how fast PG&E and SDG&E can lay new powerlines to bring people back online!!!
I know your post was tongue in cheek, but in the interest of education, high tension power transmission cables are made of steel reinforced aluminum.

Power Transmission

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TransaVerde

My first thought
Perhaps they were illegally transporting spent rods.
As far as I know only 1 company in So Cal has the licenses to transport radioactive waste and they do it by the book there would be a multi agency paper trail.
This is a normal maintainance proceedure then why all the secrecy?

On the earthquake thread they mentioned a 188 day cycle for massive earthquakes around the ring of fire (I think it is Alaska's turn next but whatever) Perhaps they removed the rods, shut down the plant in anticipation of the big one and San Diego is running completely on imported power. The secrecy would be because it would prove the earthquakes are planned (or at least predictable) Perhaps caused by the supercollider, that subject has been quiet for a while and earthquakes were mentioned.

edit on 12-9-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I don't think that they are allowed by Federal Laws to transport spent fuel rods by air, as far as the helicopter connection is concerned. That doesn't mean that it wasn't spent fuel rods that were going to be moved by truck. Who knows?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

They are already breaking the law by not using the right transporter.
In their minds laws are for us peons not them.

Do a search of billionairs that have been convicted for murder and do a body count of all their dead employees.

Rich people and cops* don't go to jail.

The exception to this rule is -Unless they hurt other rich people (Madoff)

*When they do it's not real jail ie general population.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I live in Chicopee, Massachusetts and my power went out two days ago around 10pm, and also sprinfield lost its power too for more than an hour

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This might be a good time to learn how to get by without electricity.

The boatig and sailing sites are great places for that. People sail around the world without electricity for months a a time and get by just fine.

Some of their tips are...
Have powdered milk and only mix up as much as you are going to drink or use right then.
Eggs really don't need to be refrigereated.
Ditto mayonase -but you need to use a 'clean' knife every time or it will go bad from the bacteria a dirty knife can introduce.
Ice is a luxury not a need.
etc, etc, etc.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Eggs really don't need to be refrigereated.

Eggs can be kept for extended periods of time unrefrigerated, but some steps should be taken to preserve them. Wash the eggs and coat them with paraffin.

Other methods are discussed Here.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsbold

Do you have a nuclear power plant nearby? Has there been any unusual activity?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I am a little concerned about
the unrefrigerated mayonase
as I have heard it forms bacteria
easily when not refrigerated. I
would think an alternative would
be salad dressing, what do you
think? Good idea on the eggs tho.
I was without power for 2 weeks
during an ice storm. I lived on
tuna, crackers,peanut butter.
Two days before the power was
restored a friend that had their
power back on brought me warm
potato soup, in the dark I poured
half a can of pepper on it, lol. I
will never forget that, I was really
looking forward that the soup.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TransaVerde

The DAY BEFORE the "blackout" in San Diego, my bro drove out to San Onofre to watch the sunset. As he passed the entrance to the beacch parking lot, he noticed a HUGE metal tube beiing loaded onto a semi-flatbed, suspended in some kind of steel grid. Inside was what looked like a giant motor. Whatever was being loaded appeared to come from the nuclear reactors (the cylindrical "breasts" that define the San Onofre power plant) where a giant crane was poised at the water's edge.

That pipe may be the follow up to this.....

Hole made in power plant - 2 year project

I remember reading an article from a local paper back in like 2006 - 2007 mentioning this upcoming project. I I can recall it mentioned reasoning behind this was to extend the life of the something by 8 more years.

Too bad they didn't just invest that $680 million into preliminary work on a tidal electric generating power plant (there is an ocean right there), a hydrogen power/de-salinization plant (once again there is an ocean there…. And we are reliant on the Colorado river for most of our water supply) or even thermal electric generating power plant (there are a plethora of natural hot springs off Ortega Hwy) . Guess no lessons are learned from Japan…

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

No biggie. I just fired up my generator and went back inside to watch the toob and have dinner as usual. Then at bedtime I turned off the generator and in the morning we had commercial power again.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Yeah, living in Asia is good and bad - power infrastructure is crap so we lose power about 2 times a week but because of this nearly everyone has a fuel powered backup system.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join