It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Power Outage Hits Southwest US - Post Updates Here

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymouth

That is mess up what you said. It was suppose to get 102 down there. The elderly might be suffering greatly from the heat and heat kills.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
If this assists... I can ask for the weather over here in the UK to be
shipped in... lot's of cold air here!

edit on 9-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)
Hi BIAD!
Long time no see. Are you saying that it's a bit nipply over there across the pond?

I wonder if there will be any more areas affected this weekend? (9-11-11?)

I just checked out the portable generator availability in Pennsylvania. Due to the recent Hurricane, then tropical storm flooding issues.... Good luck finding an affordable one. Well, I got mine! Now I may have to rig blackout curtains in light of the previous posts that I've read here.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Orange County, everything fine here. It's true about the AC thing, temperatures were supposed to be 100+ for the LA County area, it's no surprise that we're having brownouts and blackouts.

I was in Washington Heights during the incredible heat waves for Manhattan a few years back when they had blackouts, same thing. Everyone running their damn Air Conditioner.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You would think Home Depot would be selling generators like crazy but with the power out, every store closed down. WIthout power they can't operate the cash register and none of the credit card machines work. Also none of the banks ATM's work due to power outage.

I did finally find a gas station open 30 miles north of me in Temecula.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i live in San Clemente and the power was back on when i woke up. it went out at like 3 or 4 pm wed.

what a week.. wed there was bomb threat at the school that made the national news and the next day the power is out for like 12 hrs. no traffic lights, i5 backed up at the exits in town, and best of all.. no GAS anywhere!

the OC sheriffs are really workin for their pay this week
ha ha
edit on 9-9-2011 by spaceg0at because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
This is a major outage, and if
it has nothing to do with the flare
since the CME has not arrived
then it could be what I just read
about 9/11 anniversary terror threat.
Not fearmongering just stating what
I just read and forgot which thread it
was on. Will try to find it.

So far power is on in N Indiana.

Hi fellow Hoosier!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You would think Home Depot would be selling generators like crazy but with the power out, every store closed down. WIthout power they can't operate the cash register and none of the credit card machines work. Also none of the banks ATM's work due to power outage.

I did finally find a gas station open 30 miles north of me in Temecula.

I know it is not a laughing matter.... but your post made me laugh. Irony. You can't buy an existing, in-stock emergency generator....because the power is out.

Now those people will know that the time to buy a generator is before the power goes out.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

I live in Las Vegas...No power outages here!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
to be honest, I do not believe the story the media told this morning by the MSM about how the power outage was the cause of one person. I believe it was a drill.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The odd thing is no pictures of all the traffic stopped on the freeways, no TV news showing lines for ice at the stores or reporting on people stuck in elevators..why the secrecy? I watched several mainstream news channels yesterday and today and the most said was the ticker tape announcement on one of the power being out??

Maybe this whole thing IS to make people prepare as they have been told to do over and over by every agency. We had a weird power outage with no explanation on the north coast CA a week earlier but we get our power here from Oregon.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
to be honest, I do not believe the story the media told this morning by the MSM about how the power outage was the cause of one person. I believe it was a drill.

Yes....always with a grain of salt.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Maybe a video from suspicious observers channel will help explain. We have had a number of solar flares in the past week and supposedly having a geomagnetic storm that could disrupt power.

They never like to admit how vulnerable our power grid is to space weather but it is pretty sensitive.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Could be due to CME's and Solar Flare from the past few days. What's to come could be even more powerful!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

It was a solar flare, a pretty rare one too, I mean it's not strong enough to take out the power around the world but it can do some damage, Im positive that GPS systems are failing too. Dont listen to the media they noe exactly wats going on, the government just doesn't want a worldwide panic attack,. I think the solar flare's name is X-2 flares (it can also disrupt radiowaves too) that why the cell phones didn't wor for awhile
edit on 9-9-2011 by thecrazydude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It was my understanding that when the
power went out the CME from the
solar flare had not reached earth
yet.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Consider this a test to get better prepared for the future - when the power goes out for much longer than just "12 hours".

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Power outages in the Southwest?

I live in North Hollywood, California. No power outages from the 5 to the 134 ventura. Everything was dandy.

I slept from 1am to 8am, so unless I was sleeping....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Alchemst7

I know it is not a laughing matter.... but your post made me laugh. Irony. You can't buy an existing, in-stock emergency generator....because the power is out.

Now those people will know that the time to buy a generator is before the power goes out.

To add to the irony, we couldn't by gas for the darn generators either!!

This definatley was a reality check.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

Maybe there was something to that X3 Class Solar Flare after All

Link spaceweather.com...

Quite possible. It was supposed to hit today, but it could have arrive earlier.

Good Post S&F

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrazydude11

Hi, I'm in Lake Havasu, Arizona....right near the border w/ California....my husband is a surveyor, and did extensive GPS work, just this morning.....no problems with the equipment.....and we have power here...(we are about 2 hours north of Yuma).just sending out information....good luck to those of you who are without electricity....band together, neighbor to neighbor....God bless

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join