It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
hilarious.

My question is:

Knowing that they have been constantly called "unfair and unbalanced" AND the fact that they make a big point of saying "Fair and Balanced" every 5 seconds, don't you think they would make some attempt to actually be "Fair and Balanced?"

In the words of Charlie Murphy, "Wrong.......WRONG!"

What is really hilarious, is Brit Hume (who went skydiving with Bush 41 on the former President's b-day) grinning at the camera and saying "Fair and Balanced." Always makes me laugh....

[edit on 23-8-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
News is one of two elements; Sensationalist or Boring. FoxNews aires on the side of sensationalist. CNN on the side of boring and then MSNBC just plainly sucks. I actually like FoxNews, that doesnt mean I get my actually information from them. I prefer to read my news or listen to NPR. The only way to get an accurate assesment of whats going on though, you really need to look at multiple news sources.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
As my old man says "Fox is controlled by Nazis"

according to him aswell, the BBC is controlled by communists too

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
maybe you should watch hannity & colms and the beltway boys. both shows have both a con and a lib running it and is an example of "fair and balanced". plus fair and balanced is the channel's tagline so i'd expect them to say it.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I met one of my firend's roomates the other day.....I was helping my friend set up her internet connection in her new apartment - her roomate was in the living room hooking up the cable....

Now, my friend works for Sound Advice, so she knows like every channel and hates having to live with this girl's 80s style TV....but anyways...she was complaining about the limited number of stations they got, and her roomate said "Well, at least we have Fox News!" We just looked at each other and busted a gut laughing....I feel sorry for her - she signed a year lease with this poor dimwit

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Everyone loves to claim fox is "unfair and unbalanced", yet they fail to mention how liberal cnn, msnbc, local news stations, and newpapers are...How do I get the news...I watch Fox....Read the daily paper....and look at ny1news....then I combine the 3 and it makes sense...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I love Fox News. That and the Speed Channel are just about the only things I watch anymore. I exhausted the Discovery and Learning Channels long ago.

In the real world, no one is unbiased. In science, we learn to control for bias and I believe that is what Fox News does. Those who feel that Fox News is biased are just used to getting their news from the liberally biased outlets like NPR and the rest.

I've been a news hound all my life and early on I was not astute enough to recognize the bias that is built into most news programs or I was just glad to hear what I wanted to hear.

No one on Fox News is unbiased. That, as I have previously stated, is impossible. What Fox News does is control for bias by involvng as many views as possible. That things don't necessarily shake out the way some might feel it should just goes to show that the best argument wins when both are given equal weight, even when the best argument is not consistent with one's own view. That's something you don't see a lot in the media.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Let me tell you something about Hannity and Colmes. (keep in mind I'm an independent, who used to lean right...but not Bush's right

Hannity is the Harlem Globetrotters.
Colmes is the Washington Generals.

Generals always score a few points, but the Globetrotters always win.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226Generals always score a few points, but the Globetrotters always win.

That's because Colmes is hamstrung by the truth. If you assigned them the opposite positions, the outcome would be the same. Why do you think the left is always reduced to emotional appeal, shouting down the opposition and name-calling. The truth is not with them--simple as pie.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by cstyle226Generals always score a few points, but the Globetrotters always win.

That's because Colmes is hamstrung by the truth. If you assigned them the opposite positions, the outcome would be the same. Why do you think the left is always reduced to emotional appeal, shouting down the opposition and name-calling. The truth is not with them--simple as pie.

Here's my take. For good or bad, not trying to spin anything...just an observation...

Conservatives "own" the rhetoric of framing everything in black & white, offering simple solutions to simple problems. Demanding yes or nos. Sloganizing agendas: Lower Taxes; Less Government.

It doesn't matter WHAT THEY REALLY DO, as long as they win arguments based on simplicity.

So here's why it looks like Liberals lose in a rigged debate forum like on Fox. Liberals talk in shades of black, white and gray. The problems of the world ARE complicated and so are the solutions...as they should be. But neither TV news, advertising schedules or the American psyche can handle "being taken through the process" ....they simply refuse.

Thus the Liberal revolution of the mid 90's in response to the Gingriching and Limabughing of "debate" ... we now have hip shooters like James "It's the economy Stupid" Carville to be just as annoying as Tucker "All Dems are Transgendered" Carlson on fair playing fields like CNN.

But Fox won't play fair. They'd pit Jimmy Carter against Nixon in a knife fight with Nixon having a gun.

So while I obviously disagree with ya Grady that the "truth" isn't on the Liberals side...I can totally see why you'd think that if you're of the conservative mindset. There are simply and distinctly TWO belief systems and TWO ways of seeing and discussing things that rarely meet these days IMO.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
As my old man says "Fox is controlled by Nazis"

according to him aswell, the BBC is controlled by communists too

BBC's run by the pro-EU, pro-Labour

i watch Sky News for the News, neutral in everything

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
So while I obviously disagree with ya Grady that the "truth" isn't on the Liberals side...I can totally see why you'd think that if you're of the conservative mindset.

Well, first of all, I am not of either a liberal or a conservative mindset. I am open to all sides of the argument. Experience has taught me a lot about what is truth and what is false and I have had to endure a very painful realization that the world according to the left is the biggest lie of all history.

Conservatives and liberals alike are capable of speaking the truth and speaking falsehood, but the difference is in the abstraction of the term truth. No matter how sincerely you believe a falsehood, every time you repeat it, it perpetrates the lie. And no matter how many times you perpetrate a lie, it will never become the truth.

Liberal thought is based upon falsehoods and wishful thinking. Conservative thought is based upon experience and the truth gained from that experience. I know some old liberals and I have to say that I can't understand how they managed to learn so little in all their years, but I don't know anyone who is more liberal today than they were in their youth. I know a lot of conservatives who were liberals in their youth. That alone should tell you something.

Personally, I reject both labels because I never espouse a cause because it falls in one camp or the other. To do so would be to be politically correct. Can anyone tell me where the PC concept came from?

As for Fox, it isn't perfect, but it is the most unbiased news channel going. I wish it was less sensational in its presentation, but it is owned by Rupert Murdoch. No one can truthfully say that there isn't plenty of representation of both sides of every issue. No other TV news outlet can come close to making that claim.

Even if Fox was overtly right-wing, it would hardly balance the liberal bias in the rest of the media.

[edit on 04/8/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Now, my friend works for Sound Advice, so she knows like every channel and hates having to live with this girl's 80s style TV

Why doesn't your friend buy a more modern TV, insofar as she works for Sound Advice and all, so she and her roommate can enjoy a more liberal menu of TV stations.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Why doesn't your friend buy a more modern TV, insofar as she works for Sound Advice and all, so she and her roommate can enjoy a more liberal menu of TV stations.

She should, shouldn't she?! lol - that's what I keep trying to tell her....the TV is her roomate's - god damn that thing is a POS.....lol

Instead she decided to get a tv stand for a penny -
- women....lol - it's a nice TV stand and all....oh well - she can buy things for me at her employee discount - which are insanely, stupid, silly, low prices....like over half off for last year's mitsubishi 50 inch flat screen tv floor model
- How can you say no to that!?!?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Fox News Is...

... soon to be renamed the "Scott Peterson Trial Channel"

Man, it seems they can't go 5 mins without going back to the Peterson trial coverage. Can't wait for this to be done!

Any bets on when Amber Fry does Playboy? I say eight months after the trial ends.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
Fox News Is...

... soon to be renamed the "Scott Peterson Trial Channel"

Man, it seems they can't go 5 mins without going back to the Peterson trial coverage. Can't wait for this to be done!

Any bets on when Amber Fry does Playboy? I say eight months after the trial ends.

Flynt already has the prints of her previous shoot. I wouldn't be surprised if she has already posed for Playboy.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
F ULL
O F
X CREMENT

I disclose a shareholding interest in Fox's parent company causing growing embarrassment.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
F ULL
O F
X CREMENT

I disclose a shareholding interest in Fox's parent company causing growing embarrassment.

Who cares? Fox News is head and shoulders above any other news source on the planet and their market share proves it.

new topics

top topics

join