It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anon Against ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I ran across a string of vids that claim to be from Anon that claim there are some problems within our own conspiracy site. Can anyone address this?

www.youtube.com...

Maybe it's a banned member who is starting a disinfo campaign
edit on 8-9-2011 by isitjustme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Since ATS and it's users seem to be motivated by free speech (mostly) and speaking the truth then yes, Anonymous and ATS are at odds with each other.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

Fake. I see someones face. Anon is faceless. Solved.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
At one time I thought I had an idea what anon was about and thought I supported them in an effort to stand up for the individual against the greed of the more powerful but now I don't know what they stand for other than anarchy

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You don't get it yet. You are anonymous.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
did you mean this video?

www.youtube.com.../a/u/1/_JxPv42QVdM

Meh..mad guy...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SemiDamaged

Finally somebody told me....now fill me in, what's our next move?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
First off, anyone can be Anonymous. Including the CIA.
And the real Anonymous knows this. So that video could
just as well be disinfo from our traitorous friends in the
alphabet agencies.
To say the info is no good on this site is ridiculous. This is
a forum. People post their opinions with links to their sources.
But it's always suggested to do your own research. And if
you don't your a fool. None of the info originates here. It's a
forum not a news service.

I don't doubt there are disinfo agents on this site. Of course there
are. We'd be idiots to believe otherwise. I don't know
if the people named are disinfo or not because that video gave
no proof whatsoever. They should link to their sources. If they're
going to point fingers they ought to provide their own credentials
as well as their evidence. That would be helpful.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

www.whatis-theplan.org...

Please look into it.

www.youtube.com...#!
edit on 8-9-2011 by SemiDamaged because: Wanted to add the video

Edited again, because you are the plan. You are the next step.
edit on 8-9-2011 by SemiDamaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
I ran across a string of vids that claim to be from Anon that claim there are some problems within our own conspiracy site. Can anyone address this?

www.youtube.com...

Maybe it's a banned member who is starting a disinfo campaign
edit on 8-9-2011 by isitjustme because: (no reason given)

Yeah what again has to do with anon? that video was garbage you paid troll and shill of character.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SemiDamaged

I have seen that info but thanks. Was cool to watch again. Everyone who is watching is ready for something to change

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I agree. And was sad it didn't go. Are you waiting for someone else to change it for you?

Oh, darn. I'm touchy about this, and let myself just get trolled. Kudos!
edit on 8-9-2011 by SemiDamaged because: Sorry, he just got to me. My bad.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm really scared now. They can identify us by our spelling and grammer miztakes. Busted...by an anonymous genius.

Time to go underground.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
with the up and coming war on facebook i dont think anon would damage its reputation on a site such as ours they need good PR like any other army trying to win a war does .The only reason they would attack our site is if it were with holding important information or trying to sway public opinion with its own agenda .
The guys who run ATS are smart cookies the will no doubt have a few fingers in the pies of anon ops just to be in the know ,as the saying goes keep your friends close but your enemies closer .

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

I had to star you. Think for yourself. Look it up and come to your own conclusion. I believe you already have, AND are asking them to provide you information to illustrate the contrary. You sir, are one of the reasons I joined ATS.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
First thing you gotta remind yourself is that anonymous is, well.... anonymous.

In simplest terms:

Anonymous is you.
Anonymous is me.
Anonymous is everyone and anyone. There is no central authority or leader.

Try and get your head around this, en.wikipedia.org... and you will understand how anonymous works ;P

(ps. the link goes well with my avatar lol)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
Try and get your head around this, en.wikipedia.org... and you will understand how anonymous works ;P

Anonymous, Al Qaeda, The Tea Party, you name it.

There will always be sheep for the slaughter and it's far more effective to entice them than to use forceful manipulation.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I think ats for is pretty safe from anonymous. anon do not attack media outlets and ats is a media outlet...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
of course the comments are disabled.

lulz.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shambles84
with the up and coming war on facebook i dont think anon would damage its reputation on a site such as ours they need good PR like any other army trying to win a war does.

I poked around the IRC when I heard about the Facebook thing and all their moderators (I use that term lightly) were having a field day with that one. Turns out #Facebook was not a real mission but an effort to smear them. They did, however, begin gathering intelligence to determine whether or not it should be. I thought that was funny. The anonymity didn't play to their benefit as they were nearly hi-jacked by an outside group!

Originally posted by shambles84
The only reason they would attack our site is if it were with holding important information or trying to sway public opinion with its own agenda.

It wouldn't have to be their agenda, seeing how they declare to take up the cause of freedom of information and expression. They would only need to believe that ATS was a spout for CIA Disinformation or that the Admin were collecting and maintaining IP logs on it's members to sell to the government or to other corporations. edit: *Tin Hat On* Wouldn't it be something if Anonymous were temporarily hi-jacked by the CIA to take down ATS! *Hat Off Now* I doubt that will happen.

Personally, I don't believe ATS or Anonymous are CIA, but I think both are equally susceptible to the same kind of user abuse. :end edit In fact I believe the logical end result of the combination of their actions and their philosophy would be something just outside of pure anarchy if they were the only driving force for change in the world. Not something I favor. I'm saying that when they run out of "evil people" to hack... they'll redefine define themselves accordingly so that they will always have an excuse to hack.
edit on 2011/9/9 by michaelwpayton because: added/changed the above

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join