Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why David Icke Is Lord, God Wingnut of The Universe. And Why You Should Stop Listening To Him.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

and no one at Buckingham Palace puts the guy in his place?

Great question. They can't respond to it becasue they cannot do anything that will validate Icke's claims. 'Once the toothpaste is out of the tube', and all that...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

He'd just love some attention from the royals - would play into his conspiracy mentality perfectly ! He would no doubt write a book about how he fended off the royals using some crystals and a magic rabbits foot ( hmm i might be becoming a bit of a skeptic !) Sometimes it's best to leave people to it i guess, any involvement sends the wrong kind of signs, i guess they just don't invite him to garden parties and he's off the Honours list for sure

Totally what this member said.

Thanks for the cogent and humorous post.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I can only agree, i've been following it since he first "came out" as a New ager as I'm of that age too. A few friends got into his ideas but they all tend to forget they ever believed his stuff now they're aproaching middle age.

'___' elves ? now that sounds interesting
edit on 8-9-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
David Icke believes in reptiles, moon bases, and he believes he is the son of God. So, him talking about a work of art is probably not the craziest thing he did...that day.

Icke is a bit out there but he has a brilliant breakdown of the new world order and no one can match his esoteric take on things. Supporter of Icke all the way

Is it not enough to just call someone a wingnut, it now has to be God wingnut? Will there be a 'Supreme Overlord of Kook' given as a title in the future?
edit on 8-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

David Icke believes in reptiles, moon bases, and he believes he is the son of God. So, him talking about a work of art is probably not the craziest thing he did...that day.

This made me laugh really hard and I cannot argue with you there; I know it is not the craziest thing he did that day.

Icke is a bit out there but he has a brilliant breakdown of the new world order and no one can match his esoteric take on things. Supporter of Icke all the way

After years of personal exposure to material like Icke's all I can really think to say is that is Icke's spin on the same body of material, that everyone else is drawing from, is preferred by most of the people that follow conspiracy theories.

Are you still as eager to support Icke after as miserable a failure as this video was? Where do you draw the line?

Is it not enough to just call someone a wingnut, it now has to be God wingnut? Will there be a 'Supreme Overlord of Kook' given as a title in the future?

With Icke I almost went as far as to call him, 'Grand Pomp Fruitbat of The Cosmos', but I wanted to rein it in a little.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

'___' elves ? now that sounds interesting

Yeppers indeed.

Here is the Alex Jones version of Icke's 'Watcher Eyes in the Subway' video. Both are examples of these guys reaching desperately for anything to launch more material from, in my opinion.

enjoy the looniness.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by Klassified

Don't underestimate David Icke. Crazy? Yeah, crazy like a fox. He knows exactly what he's doing, and he knows exactly how "bats--t crazy" it all sounds. He's no idiot. And he certainly isn't crazy.

Sorry, but what is his point then? He must have some master plan because he is only really out there embarrassing himself. This video of his is a complete failure. It is based on nothing but his own imaginings.

David Icke is either a shill with a big bank account. Or someone who truly believes what he is saying, and is hoping his audience is smart enough to read between the lines.

I'm thinking the latter may very well be a possibility.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Hey, Klassified, thank you for your intriguing post.

Or someone who truly believes what he is saying, and is hoping his audience is smart enough to read between the lines.

I guess I am not smart enough. What do you suggest is to be read between the lines?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Icke described the frame work by which everyone else draws off of, that is why it seems like Icke is saying popular things and drawing off the same body of material, because he was the first to say it

He is credited with coining the phrase Problem, Reaction, Solution which sums up the entire false flag agenda of the government.
edit on 8-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Yes, it seems that the fuel that drives the machine that puts the money in to the pockets of David Icke is the controversy...

Called a crazed conspiracy theorist by some, and controversial by all, David Icke has attracted mass attention since he began penning books on the nature of reality and reptilian beings that secretly control the world's governments. On his new spate of lectures, he'll vocalize his vision of the world.

www.stubhub.com...

Thank you for the link.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Oh yes i can see what you mean by reaching ! I love the way he says" im not sure if this is true" then goes into a tirade about elves, imortality, evil elites etc etc. Good find anyway, to me it's some of the best comedy material there is to be found on youtube.

Conspiracy as entertainment - outstanding, kind of takes the heat off any real conspiracy theories out there.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Icke described the frame work by which everyone else draws off of, that is why it seems like Icke is saying popular things and drawing off the same body of material, because he was the first to say it

Nay, I don't agree. Icke had plenty to draw from to create the Reptilian element. Just off the top of my head...

www.weirdus.com...

He was just another guy on the scene with a variation on the same rap.

He is credited with coining the phrase Problem, Reaction, Solution which sums up the entire false flag agenda of the government.

This is just a re-phrasing of the Hegelian dialectic. Icke did not 'create' this idea. He innovated, but that is expected from cunning people.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

to me it's some of the best comedy material there is to be found on youtube.

Yeah, it is really funny stuff. It is also disturbing, somehow, to have '___' elves and the red faced, irate, huffing Alex Jones in the same video.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

This is just a re-phrasing of the Hegelian dialectic. Icke did not 'create' this idea. He innovated, but that is expected from cunning people.

I didn't say he created the idea (ideas can't be created BTW), I said he coined the phrase.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I said he coined the phrase.

You sure did, I am sorry for that. Anyhow, I have now and always found him to be less than original.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
As a fan of old pulp literature the first time I encountered Lizard people secretly ruling the world was in Conan the Barbarian stories by Robert E. Howard ! and that was way back in the 1920's. Also it's been a while but I'm sure they also get mentioned in books by Robert Anton Wilson.

Just a tit-bit of trivia, carry on.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Thanks, Hopforeveryone.

Sounds like we read the same stuff.

Your post really is helping me to crystallize some thoughts I have been having lately concerning the nature of what guys like David Icke do in society.

It really is like 'performance art science fiction' as these guys go out and try to keep the show rolling along. They are roleplaying and in this digital age the most popular roleplayers have the biggest audiences.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

How interesting i was also considering the significance of role play and fantasy in the emergence of this new(ish) form of entertainment. I do wonder if modern youth have accidentally been primed for this sort of thing with tv shows, games and works of fiction. I strongly suspect so.

Would also go a way to explaining the UFO phenomenon seeing as we've all been brought up on E.T, Close Encounters, hey even The Invaders if you remember that.

Also the performance part is important too - the way Alex Jones gets so excited and waves his arms about you sort of believe that at least he believes it. !
edit on 8-9-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Hey, Klassified, thank you for your intriguing post.

Or someone who truly believes what he is saying, and is hoping his audience is smart enough to read between the lines.

I guess I am not smart enough. What do you suggest is to be read between the lines?

Thanks in advance.

Obviously, this is just my personal opinion, but I don't think David himself believes the reptilian thing no matter how much he claims to. I think he is using a psy-op tactic. He's doing the same thing "tptb" do to create an enemy. He's creating a division between the people and the elitists, by creating an enemy that's as ugly as he can make them. An enemy that can't be human, because a small group of humans surely couldn't do what these people have done to their own species and sleep at night.

Whether any of his fan base gets it or not, they are still left with a picture of elitists=reptilians in their head. Real or imagined is irrelevant, as long as they hate the elitists, he has created a monster no less dangerous than OBL, or any other terrorist.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

well said.

And as long as there are enough people who DON'T believe him he doesnt need to catch one in the back of his skull.
Genius and madness run so closely together and sometimes blur completely. I would think this site of all places would understand that. See it for what it is...an invitation to think differently. Entertain the thought, however briefly, see if it checks out and file it. You dont have to embrace this crap full on to still be helped, even if it is to think outside of the box for a minute. I think Carlin said it best , "The Term “conspiracy theorist” is a label used by the establishment to dismiss the idea that powerful people might get together and actually plan anything". Anything is possible in this big wide world of ours...now the probabilities go up and down but things seem to be getting stranger with each passing day. Crazy seems to get saner and saner and Im almost of the mind to listen to every howling bum, muttering old lady, vagrant screaming into a plastic bag and holy man alike...because they see something. What it is...*shrugs*...but Im curious to know and am willing to sift through the info myself. So bring it on...lizard men, ascended masters, men in black, crystal gazers...whatever you have. The thing to remember is to keep your head and always rely on what agrees with your own mind since you are the one who has to play it all out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join