It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Foo Fighter’ UFOs Recorded on Video In Colorado

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Source

Just to make things clear from the beginning, this post isn’t about the popular rock band “The Foo Fighters.” So don’t expect to see the musicians flying in a UFO or something crazy like that.

The term ‘Foo Fighters‘ is an aerial phenomenon that originated during the WWII era. Allied pilots reported encountering luminous objects tailing their aircraft or zooming past them while at high altitudes.

These reports were taken seriously by the American Air Force, who studied the photos and reports. There are several photographs in existence today that were taken by the pilots during their flights.

The photos show bright “globs” of light following the airplanes while in formation. One of the most famous photographs shows two foo fighters following closely allied planes.

I did a search for this one,
and found nothing so I thought I would post it here.

These videos always get to me, there are people that are going to say birds or insects or lanterns but I do not think these are any of those. They also appear to be moving fast in relation to their background. They also fly in very tight formation and keep it throughout.

I am kind of stumped on this one and I am looking forward to hearing other opinions.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Can you post key frame pictures for those without video bandwidth.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
These videos always get to me, there are people that are going to say birds or insects or lanterns but I do not think these are any of those... Any thoughts?

Yeah. I think they're birds. You can even see the wings flapping.

Holy crap, you didn't really think these were some kind of UFOs, did you? Oh, I'm so sorry.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

You can see wings flapping?
I had it on a 27" monitor, full screen in HD and I saw nothing of the like.

You must have eagle eyes.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
They are birds, although he explicitly says they're not.

Magnetflipper is notorius for misrepresenting what he is filming, and he makes outrageous conclusions on the viewers behalf. In my mind he's nothing but a charlatan.

Edit: Here's a video of magnetflipper's for comparison. Notice that these "objects" are blatant birds, and how he concludes they are not.

edit on 8/9/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I had it on a 27" monitor, full screen in HD and I saw nothing of the like. ... You must have eagle eyes.

More like goose eyes.

They're particularly noticeable right at the beginning. It looks like they get brighter and dimmer. That's a sure indication of flapping wings.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Blue Shift

I had it on a 27" monitor, full screen in HD and I saw nothing of the like.

You must have eagle eyes.

Pred...

I am watching on a twenty foot by twenty five foot hd projector screen. They are greater spotted gulls the front one has lost some tail feathers possibly in a fight over a female. I can just make out a ring on the leg of the fifth one it says 348 if that helps.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Birds fly in straight line formations? ......seriously, i though it was either V or half V. That looks pretty straight to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

These videos always get to me, there are people that are going to say birds or insects or lanterns but I do not think these are any of those... Any thoughts?

Holy crap, you didn't really think these were some kind of UFOs, did you? Oh, I'm so sorry.

No, you can't "even see wings flapping".

Try again.

The only comparison between Unidentified Flying Objects and Birds is that they are both Flying.

So because these objects are flying in unison - they must be birds?

I'd really like to see a zoomed in version of these birds wings - because I don't think we are watching the same video at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

It;s a satellite pretty much, UFOs don;t fly in normal straight direction with a speed like here that is similar to that of satellites

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

The only thing that makes me think it's not a satellite either would be the tail section (or rear three orbs) seeming to cross the center line a few times.

I'm not saying it's defiantly a UFO just looks strange.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The problem with these night vision UFO video's is anything can look anomalous be they Birds , Bats ,Satellites or even Insects .
I agree with Droogie's assessment of both the video and Magnetflipper , the guy's channel is just stuffed with these video's .

One of his UFO video's that's clearly a bird .

UFO spaceship stops in mid flight over Denver Colorado May 8 2011 Xenonics Night Vision

edit on 8-9-2011 by gortex because: edit to add video

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
They are birds, although he explicitly says they're not.

Magnetflipper is notorius for misrepresenting what he is filming, and he makes outrageous conclusions on the viewers behalf. In my mind he's nothing but a charlatan.

Edit: Here's a video of magnetflipper's for comparison. Notice that these "objects" are blatant birds, and how he concludes they are not.

edit on 8/9/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

Please share with us:

1) What specific details of the video indicate to you that these are birds?
2) What type of birds these may be that fly in a straight line holding tight formation in dark, night time hours.
3) What energy is exciting the image sensor in the video camera in the dark and what its source is?

Thanks so much.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

These videos always get to me, there are people that are going to say birds or insects or lanterns but I do not think these are any of those. They also appear to be moving fast in relation to their background. They also fly in very tight formation and keep it throughout.
That's what birds do, is it not?

They are in a half-V formation, and you can see the formation drifting slightly just like birds do.

Even if you change the resolution to 720 and look at it full screen, each dot isn't more than a few pixels so it's hard to say you should be able to see wings flapping at that resolution.

Someone pointed out the dots do become dimmer and brighter at times which could be an indication of flapping but I'm not so sure that isn't partly due to inadequate tracking of the objects, they also become dimmer when he pans faster and brighter when he pans slower.

There is nothing to suggest it's not birds, and they fly just like birds do in the same type of formation so I have a hard time understanding why anyone would think they aren't birds. I can only be 99.9% sure and not 100% sure they are birds because there's no way to make 100% positive ID but it's pretty convincing it's birds to me.

I have no idea why anyone would drag foo fighters into this either. I doubt foo fighters were birds. There are a number of possible explanations for the foo fighters observed in WWII but I doubt any of them were birds like this video apparently shows.

Here's another video of birds through night vision which shows if they are far enough away like they are in the OP video, you may not see any wings flapping:

Birds Flying Overhead Through Night Vision

The OP vid looks more like a typical bird formation than the video labeled birds.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I understand how people think it could be birds, but I explained the difference in intensity as the panning camera not picking up as much light. Of course there is a probability that they could be birds, a high probability, but I could see any wings flapping so to me I would say unidentified.

I have no idea what the hell they are, I know what they could be, but, I couldn't identify them so I brought them here. I had never heard if this youtuber's previous videos and that people thought all of his videos were birds though...

Pred...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

For the last 22 years, I have lived away from big city lights in the sparely populated Colorado Rocky Mountain foothills. Moreover, from my home at ~7,000 feet, the cold, very dry (~10% RH), and smog free air deliver 20, 30, or even >40 miles visibility, 4 nights out of 5. With clear nights greatly outnumbering cloudy ones, I have spent 1000’s of hours looking up (with and without optical instruments) and over a shorter period capturing many 1000’s of long exposure images using a Nikon D70 & 35mm F/2 or 50mm F/1.8 lens. And after 2 decades of observations, NEVER ONCE can I recall ever seeing a bird in flight after astronomical sunset and NEVER ONCE did I find a bird in the countless 30 second exposures I captured. With only a few exceptions, every satellite, or large bit of junk when illuminated by the over-the-horizon sun are seen as solitary points of light moving in a straight line. I can state with better than “tenderfoot” authority that formations more complex than the 3 satellite NOSS groupings are still unknown in our skies (but a few >3 satellite groups are in the planning stages today). As someone else already noted, even if the occasional bat or moth entered the camera's field-of-view nothing is recorded without an illumination source. Four or more self illuminated objects holding a fixed formation and velocity are unprecedented in the skies of Colorado.

IMO, Magnet-Flipper (I live about 50 miles NW) is either observing something Top Secret of OURS or something clandestine of THEIRS because it's definitely not song birds, geese, beetles, moths, windblown seeds, or any other ordinary object.
Best regards,
Z

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

NO. I think they're not birds. Obviously, you can't see the wings flapping, because there are not.

Holy crap, you didn't really think these were some kind of BIRDs, did you? Oh, I'm so sorry. you need to go elsewhere, for your..... birdwatching.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

Thanks for your input, good to know a photographer in the area that this has taken place and has some observations of their own. I, too, believe that these would be military craft or UFO's as I do not think these things are birds, although I do see why people think so.

Thanks again.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Is there a way mathematics can be applied to determine how high these objects are? My memory fails me at the moment, but isn't there a way that the perspective can be calculated, measuring the difference in apparent motion overhead compared with more towards the edge, relative to the almost-fixed background of stars, to see if these were more likely birds flying at 500 ft or UFOs at 50,000 ft?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
They are birds...

...and there are countless other identical videos like this that are confirmed birds.

Even MagnetFlipper (the video creator) says they look like birds in formation.
He mentions it in his videos, and in his descriptions:

"These things sometimes behave like bird formations to hide as a "normal" flock of migratory birds, don't let that fool you in to believing that it is so." - MagnetFlipper

Oh yeah that is logical... UFOs that behave like bird formations...

The problem here is that MagnetFlipper's equipment is distorting many needed details, and he is using that to his advantage to "make" UFO videos.

The night vision increases the light and contrast, and that hides many shadows on the objects that can help identify it.

Also, the objects are so small that they only show up as a few pixels. This hides even more information that they are birds, because it's hard to represent anything with only 4 small square pixels...

If this guy is serious, he should buy a telephoto lens instead of a $1600 night vision device. That would put this to rest. But no, he would much rather "make" UFO videos instead of capture something truly unique that didn't look like mundane Earthly objects.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join