It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on the spirit and body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm at home doped up from meds after having a procedure yesterday and maybe this is the product of those meds, but I decided to share what I think about dimensions, the soul, and the body.

I was watching a show on science tv called Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman. I don't remember exactly what it was about (I fell asleep on it) but he was speaking about dimensions. While dozing, I somehow began thinking about if there were more dimensions and how WE fit in all of this. I honestly can't call this a theory. It really is just an idea that I wanted to bounce around the forum and see what everyone thinks. Keep in mind, I'm not a philosopher, scientist, physicist, etc so these ideas aren't very developed just yet.
I believe that we all have two parts of us: the physical body and the spiritual body or soul. Our soul does not belong to the physical realm and the body doesn’t belong in the spiritual realm, but the body is what anchors the spirit to this world. How, I don’t know but this is the way I feel it works. Maybe the electrical impulses that go through the body help, but I don’t know. I’m not even sure if it works the way I just explained. Each body has five senses that help us to experience this physical world and we all have the “sixth” sense whether we are in touch with it or not. This sixth sense is one of the lasting connections that we have with the spiritual realm which is where our souls truly belong. Some people are able to engage their sixth sense and are able to experience more things from the spiritual realm. If you believe in astral projection, then that could be a moment where the body and spirit dis-join for a moment before the spirit gets anchored back into the body.

That’s about all that I’m able to write at the moment, but I would love to get some feed back to see what you all think. As I said before, these ideas are not developed theories or anything…just something that I recently considered. And apologies for any type-o’s or grammatical errors. I’m usually pretty good with that, but I’m not back at 100% yet.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Please read my thread, I am working on several topics about this and will add more in the future.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are on the right track

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Abrihetx

Yes, I agree and have been growing in this process for some time now, and writing about it as well (although not on any ATS threads as of yet).

My perception includes that this sixth sense is part of awareness, which has been written about for ages by differing cultures and people, but can only be pointed to in words. Just as you can't experience New York, for example, by reading a highway sign or map that points to New York, I believe that many, many more of us are encountering and developing experiences with "a sixth sense", albeit in many individual ways, as each journey is unique.

Thank you for sharing with us. We are all both teacher and student, if we only listen and hear each other.

Good journey.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Interesting idea, to say the least.

Our spirit, essence, energy, chi, or what you will is our true selves. Our souls, which do belong to the spiritual realm, inhabit a physical body thus making us exist in the realm of, what we like to call, 'reality'. C.S Lewis best described it in his book, The Screwtape Letters, as 'spiritual amphibians.' To say 'our physical bodies are anchors' is an excellent analogy.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
OR

What about this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abrihetx
I'm at home doped up from meds after having a procedure yesterday and maybe this is the product of those meds, but I decided to share what I think about dimensions, the soul, and the body.

I was watching a show on science tv called Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman. I don't remember exactly what it was about (I fell asleep on it) but he was speaking about dimensions. While dozing, I somehow began thinking about if there were more dimensions and how WE fit in all of this. I honestly can't call this a theory. It really is just an idea that I wanted to bounce around the forum and see what everyone thinks. Keep in mind, I'm not a philosopher, scientist, physicist, etc so these ideas aren't very developed just yet.
I believe that we all have two parts of us: the physical body and the spiritual body or soul. Our soul does not belong to the physical realm and the body doesn’t belong in the spiritual realm, but the body is what anchors the spirit to this world. How, I don’t know but this is the way I feel it works. Maybe the electrical impulses that go through the body help, but I don’t know. I’m not even sure if it works the way I just explained. Each body has five senses that help us to experience this physical world and we all have the “sixth” sense whether we are in touch with it or not. This sixth sense is one of the lasting connections that we have with the spiritual realm which is where our souls truly belong. Some people are able to engage their sixth sense and are able to experience more things from the spiritual realm. If you believe in astral projection, then that could be a moment where the body and spirit dis-join for a moment before the spirit gets anchored back into the body.

That’s about all that I’m able to write at the moment, but I would love to get some feed back to see what you all think. As I said before, these ideas are not developed theories or anything…just something that I recently considered. And apologies for any type-o’s or grammatical errors. I’m usually pretty good with that, but I’m not back at 100% yet.

Wow! I believe that is a good summation and is in line with my thoughts. I'm not one for lengthy repoirte, but my understanding is that Spirt is the (WE or Source) and all encompassing. Sparks of the "We" incarnate into human form...however it needs an anchor...the anchor is the Soul. It is separate from the "WE" or "Source" and the "You", it's a mechanism really. The sixth sense and any other untapped abilities would be drawn from the Spirit or the "WE" world.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

Thank you for sharing with us. We are all both teacher and student, if we only listen and hear each other.

Good journey.

Although your whole thought was good...this was the most important point, in my opinion!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I will throw my take at you, then let you try and add it up. Writing of my experiences seem to help me connect dots at least, but certainly not enough to lecture others with nor even to say I have the answer to what you are saying. But you are getting close I think.

Over the last few years, like others on the site, I have been going through some changes and along with that some wild experiences, I will only include a few that pertain to your post.

After a few OBE's a year plus ago, I was in bed sleeping soundly when this high pitch sound woke me, my eyes came open and then I was out of body, looking back at myself and my light body. So now there is three of me, the physical, my projection of consciousness and my light body which was my true essence I think. Along with me were a couple of life forms, ones that I could not see but spoke to me, telling me that the light body or soul was a sacred thing. So my astral projection is not the soul, I think.

Along the way, not long ago I was torn and bruised within my body, the soul was almost torn out one night and I woke my wife but yelled at her NO, as this was needed for some reason, like a loosening from the physical. I was told at that time that this is what it would feel like when it was time. ???? Again a separation and it took two days of disorientation to reconnect to the physical.

These last two were like you, a painful time of a knee replacement and intolerance to any drugs, thus a lot of pain. The first was in me trying to separate from the pain when I saw myself again in the light body and just above me was this angel or woman going through a portal, an alabaster window in the sky, she gave me a message, a simple but confusing one.

Two days later, I hit a low, I was tired and at an end, life has been long and tiring. I meditated and found myself on this featureless plain along with this powerful force of life. I stood beside it and looked at what was my soul or life essence, head down and tired beyond description. Note I was there, the dispassionate part watching, my life soul suffering and this godlike force, again multiplicities of the same life force. I also somehow feel, the large life force might also have been a part of me.

This force in a dramatic way, enveloped the suffering part, picked it up and filled it with such emotion and love it will effect me the rest of my short existence within this silly three dimensional time here.

You connect the dots, but know, there is not simplistic black and white answer to this life, it is complicated.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
What I know as a result of being declared "brain dead" lasting more than 30 minutes in 1973.

There are 3 Components.

The body (human) is the garment we wear while experiencing the world or universe.

The Spirit is the "Character" of a "Partition" of LIFE.

The Soul is where The LIFE Dwells.

This why the Carpenter said "In your Patience possess ye your Souls".

If you are a partition of LIFE and have a Spirit, and you are going to possess your Soul, then The Spirit can NOT be the Soul.

It is written "Woe unto him who relies upon the flesh, and woe unto him who relies upon the Soul and woe unto him who relies upon these two."
(both these two are bodies).

The human flesh is a body in the universe Program or experience, but the Soul is a body in the high heaven where the LIFE dwells. The Character of LIFE is its Spirit.

Here is the "Partition Map" of the Souls "Processing System" with The MAN Child in the Center. (No it is NOT a mandala)...

This Map is 100% Accurate and can be found as well as its components of the Soul, in the form of mosaic pavements in many old churches, monasteries, Cathedrals, Mosques, Buddhist temples, Palaces, and government buildings all over the world.
Some refer to this as Sacred Geometry.

edit on 9-9-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: Syntax Errors

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The way i see it is, the body is a worldly 'thing'. Where as the spirit is not a 'thing', of this world.
The spirit (essence) is the seer and knower. The 'things' are the seen and known.
The 'things' of the world are always changing and moving. Where as the spirit remains the same always, it is unchanging. And always present.
The body changes and the thoughts (mind) change and move. However the body and world are experienced, known and seen, it is the one that knows and sees that is spirit. The all seeing, all knowing I.

You are a spirit being experiencing many, many 'things' moving and changing. Patterns appearing and disappearing (things) in the presence of you (spirit).

edit on 9-9-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Interesting thread idea. If you consider that we all come from the same source,the big bang,then it is a must that we and everything is somehow connected;small and large and here and there.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

hey there, good to so positive replys to your thread. yup! you sure are on the right track. I've posted a number of replys to many threads concerning topics close to this. I too read an old book about astral projection a few years back. let me qualify this by saying I'm well educated in hard science and advanced mathematics, multiple degrees. I gave the astral projection topic some consideration and have always been interested in the paranormal.I'll take you thru the process I found after I say that the soul is your true self and def. is not of this relm, the spiritual. what I discovered was what was said in the sermon on the mount. I laid down for a nap one afternoon when it was very quiet. I cleared all waking thoughts from my mind and repeated over and over "peace and love". I fell off to sleep and quickly began to dream. this even more quickly turned into an out of body experience. I found myself in an out door setting where i had never seen or been. i was a place of large rocks/boulders and scrubby trees. i walked down t this area and noticed that there was water running thru the rocks, i felt it on my feet. as i walked along a male figure appeared. i never saw his face and he never spoke. i followed him until we came to a rock wall about waist high. i crossed over and found myself in the tunnel so often described in the near death experience. the tunnel was black and gray, no sound. i looked toward the end and saw the light. i said Our Dear Lord, that is when i got scared and with drew back into my body. we've all done things which we are not proud of that is part of reason i with drew. fear of God being the 2nd reason. after this visions and visitations began and have never stopped. i made a direct connect with God. Maary has come twice, once in a vision, she had golden hair and her face was turned downward so you couldn't see it. the message is personal and not important here. I've been taken/shown a large modern city sunk under the ocean, there were thousands of people standing in this city all looking foward, i was told they were all dead. there are too many things which have happened to tell here. one last item which is important i'll give part of. a while back one of my pups was murdered by a meth addict/dealer. i came very close to doing what he did to my pup. instead i burried him and prayed. i came home and talked wife my wife about it all and have a couple of beers to chill out. i went to take a nap and this time God himself came to me and told me to do nothing, that it was already taken care of,( a week or so later I had a vision of the person dead). God said i would help bring many people to him thru the method i described here. the last thing he said is that there will be a civil war in this country, no when or why. this is the way He works, never a when, why etc... i have had a number of experiences in soul traveling, they were to His house to visit some loved ones. i have been lucky enough to go right to the source and not be side tracked in the astral planes. I believe there a many dimensions out there. for me the spiritual is the only one i wish to deal with. good luck on the journey

top topics

join