It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing but nightmares lately!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have had many strange experiences in my life, and even a lot of lucid dreams, or ones in which I have died, but the one thing I never have is nightmares. Even the ones I died in weren't scary- just wierd.

Until now! The last week or so, I am having terrible nightmares every night! Two nights I have woken myself up because I was screaming! Once I was calling for my husband, the second time I was calling my mom. She passed away many years ago, and was not a maternal type of woman, had a blockage of some sort that kept her from touching me or showing any affection, so it is very strange I would call out to her! I have never considered her a source of "protection".

But in the two dreams which caused me to scream, there was an invisible presence, that was pushing me and trying to throw me out of the bed. I thought it was a ghost or something. Then the dreams continued to get more complex.... added elements I am not too sure of now.

But last night, I dreamed we were outside, at night, with others, and suddenly the moon looked bright red, and there were bolts of lightning in the sky, but not going down to the ground- a bunch of them reaching from one cloud to another.... an effect I had never seen before. Then symbols started to appear in the sky, which I could not read. But I said, "Its happening. Now." I don't know exactly what "it" was though. When I saw the strange symbols in the sky I thought about Project BlueBeam? I haven't really followed much on that, only grabbed a vague conception.

But then a long dream of fleeing some creatures, hybrids, chimeras, was my impression- not ET's if it sounds that way- more like creatures that broke free of a lab.

Maybe the content of the dreams means nothing important, or has personal symbolism (I am trying to see if I have some sort of personal conflict going on, and frankly, I've never been more peaceful and problem free than right now!) but I have no stress, things are going well for me and mine, and I cannot understand why this period of nightmares! I'm getting to where I don't want to go to sleep at night because I am wondering what kind of horrors I'm going to dream of again!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps methods of calming nightmares? Herbal tea?? Maybe staying off of ATS??
-But really I don't click on a lot of subjects that go into conspiracy or terror ideas, because they just seem too unrealistic for me to get interested in. But perhaps just seeing the topics listed could provoke some images, I don't know.

I have lucid dreams, but never "on command" it just starts to happen at certain times, and this doesn't seem to be one. If that would happen, I could deal with the whole thing and transform it all. But as it is, I feel powerless and frustrated with these dreams!
edit on 8-9-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I get them all the time........Weird dreams. Can't remember the last time I had a pleasant dream must have been over a year ago.

"Tell me what you know about the night terrors?....Nothing" - Kid Cudi.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is another "dark night" dream. The creatures in a dream like this I had looked a lot like a velociraptor crossed with an Avatar Na'vi. They were basically killing people wholesale. Also 3 days ago i saw IRL some flashes of pinkish green light, almost aurora like, and it was jumping in a partly cloudy sky, it turned into some fairly violent thunderstorms by morning. I think they are testing HAARP here or something else really strange is going on!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Ive had some doozies lately as well. Last night was a "I fought the law, and I won" but not without considerable hardship. No aliens, but still wierd

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thats really weird. I have been trying to lucid dream for awhile, im having a hard time remembering my dreams, and when i do, i usually forget to write them down.

But i do think i screamed myself awake, or at least just jolted out of it.

I dont remember much of the subject of the dream, but, i remember my friend, i dont remember who it was but i know he was a friend of mine, he busted through a door with his entire body, i guess we were trying to get something that was shooting at us?

And well, he jumped through the door, smashing it to pieces. But everything went completely silent. and you could not see into the door, it was just complete darkness.

I screamed. And i felt it from dream state, right until i was awake. But i dont know if i actually screamed.. My girlfriends a light sleeper, and well, she doesnt remember anything that happens in the first minute of being awake. (lol), I also, don't like extremely dark places, and complete silence bothers me too..

I remember some of the dreams from when i started to record them before.

Rise of the machines/halo/nuclear holocaust, Playing a woman character and shooting my actual self in dream, this could be anywhere in the world - alexisonfire.

I remember another nightmare i had, i have these kind of dreams all the time.. but not so severe as this. But i remember walking around, everything felt really eerie, i was looking for my girlfriend, and i couldn't find her. No matter where i looked. being in a harbour, the waters started to rise, and crash, and people were taken off guard. And the water rose, people screaming, running, dying all around me, climbing up the sides of buildings, screaming. And i didn't find my girlfriend, i panicked (definatly felt the panic in my physical body) and, i just looked up, and took off into the sky, as i fly, i look over and find that there are many of us, who are flying.

And she still wasn't with me, panicked and woke up, heart racing, panicked to all hell.

I always have dreams where my girlfriend isnt there, and im trying to find her, and i can't.
edit on 8/9/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Quick question.

Are you using any medication to try and stop smoking? A friend of mine was on a doctor prescribed medication to stop and had HORRIFIC nightmares as a side effect of the medication.

Just sayin...

Well, askin...

peace

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

What is going on in your life? Are you under stress? Dreams are a way of working out issues that are going on in your life even if the dreams don't seem related.

Chamomile tea works well for me to calm me down before going to sleep especially if I drink after taking a long walk.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well, I have always been into dreaming. When I was a small child aged 6 or 7 I started asking myself if you would wake up somewhere else when you go to sleep here, then when I was ten or something like that, it started that creatures were hunting me and everyone else in my dream.. literally trying to kill us. I remeber it beeing wild boars in the beginning, later they changed and became monsters of some kind...
I had those dreams for about ten years, and I managed to supress the memories of the dreams. Sometimes I woke up 3 or 4 times a night and I had to change my clothes, because I was sweating like I'd have malaria or something.
But not a long time ago, after I got into this whole awakening stuff I saw a video where david wilcock said something about dreaming, and I started paying attention to my dreams again. I also started meditating, which helped me to get more conscious in my dreams.

If you ask me then dreams are not really an expression of your subconscious mind, but more like an alternate dimension. I like to call it Agartha^^... so, but somehow there's a war in Agartha and before we can dream again without beeing chased and killed and stuff like that, we have to overcome our fear and start to free that plane again! It is already happening and don't worry - the cavalry arrived.
If you can manage to get past the first line of attackers, you'll be free of their chains, and you can join the cavalry. The trick is not to fear anything in your dream, in the end it's your dream, and you can change everything there as you wish. Once you get this, you can't die in your dream, except you decide to do so. The only thing to fear is your fear!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I often have weird dreams...sometimes nightmares, sometimes great dreams....

I find that my dreams often are interpretations of my thoughts from late in the evening. A perfect example of this is when I finished watching 'Dawn of the Dead' (I LOVE scary movies) I dreamt of zombies chasing me and my family.

Maybe try to stay off the conspiracy sites for a day or two and see if this helps.

Good luck!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I've been having this dreams about a massive volcano erruption that split the top half of the volcano mouth in two. You could see it from miles away but I don't remember where this volcano was situated. The only thing was that this volcano was given a lot of attention to the media as every channel had this incident televised, it was one of the worst volcanoes erruption in the history of earth (at least that's what I remember the media saying time after time).

That same dream happened again last night, the first thing I did is come to ATS and see if this was just a dream or something else, but it looks like we are OK!

Hopefully it will remain just that, a dream (nightmare)!

Peace & Love

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Probably one of my weirdest dreams. It was night time and me and a large body of people were outside in the woods. This is where the dream started but you always seem to have a sense of what is going on without needing to be filled in. That being said, I already knew we were there because news reports alerted everyone to get to higher ground. So me and this group of people were in a higher elevation area in some wooded area. The thing that has stuck with me about this dream was what happened next. We heard drums, and chanting. Something very similar to the LOTR movies when the armies of Mordor are advancing on that one city (haven't seen them in a while so I can't remember the name).

Then the dream gets a little weird. We look up to where the moon should be, and it comes out from behind the clouds. The moon was pitch black with a tail of purple and orange flames, much like the tail of a comet. Next thing we knew, water started rushing down the slope and around our feet about knee high. This is where the dream ends.

This dream has stuck with me for quite a long time mainly because of how surreal it was. I don't know what the drums and chanting had to do with anything, but in the dream, it was understood that it was coming from the moon.

My interpretation of this dream is that some alien force came to start a war with us by first destroying our moon and then moving onto the planet.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Really some interesting dreams and stories here ! Thanks for sharing with me!
I don't have any ideas about what they mean or if they could be telling us things of the future..... but they are the kinds of things I just like to keep filed away in my memory.

I'm not on any meds at all, and my life is really quite easy at the moment! I recently sold my business, where I had been working very long hours, so am enjoying relaxing at home, cooking, jogging, yoga, horseriding, reading...... everything I like to do. My relationship with my husband is excellent at the moment, and two of my three kids are off to college, all of them doing quite well and stable too.

So I can't find where any worries or stresses could be in me. I have been feeling like something is going to happen, in a general way, and perhaps I am just building that up in the back of my mind.

I didn't have any nightmares last night, so perhaps I'm pulling out of this? I hope so!

top topics

join