It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does George Bush still "Drinkie, Drinkie"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
... it is not Bush alone at the wheel calling the shots - primarily he's just a puppet doing what the strings tell him to do...

Who cares, he is still the president and must be held to higher standards...afterall, he is supposed to be a leader. I don't want a leader who has mental problems brought on by alcohol that he now needs drugs for. On the second thought...maybe its not alcoholism, maybe its just a reoccurance of his Cocaine addiction

Lets face it, the guy is messed up!

Spacedoubt...thats fine, lets talk about Kerry's bi-polar disorder! He needs to come under the same scrutiny as Bush. Im not familiar with any evidence about Kerry having problems, but if he does I woud like to hear it!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Who cares, he is still the president and must be held to higher standards...

Where have those days gone?
- That's nothing but a Utopian dream for America now.....

I'm no meterologist, but I predict an 80% for falling clumps of sh*t for the next 50 years in Washington DC......make sure you grab your umbrella....

I wish we could have a president that wrote their own speeches...that was nearly flawless in their personal character...that meant what they said and had dreams and ambtions of change.......and I also wish I had about $5 billion

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Who cares, he is still the president and must be held to higher standards...

Where have those days gone?
- That's nothing but a Utopian dream for America now.....

Enron, don't get me wrong...I believe we have never had a President that has upheld higher standards, but this is what the people need to strive for as well as the President's themselves. It may very well be a "utopian dream", but shouldn't they, of all people, stive to set an example?

PS- I never made the assumption of "Where have those days gone?", it should have always been a part of the system, but sadly, just as in the current Presidents administration it rarely is...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Bush is an alcoholic.

Admitted. Common knowledge. Used his "salvation from booze" as a campaign issue in 2000.

Which means he either is:

a) In on-going recovery including closely monitored psychological support (professional or group as in AA), and possibly anti-depressants as required to assist in the very frequent emotional problems of recovering addicts (especially as come up during life's "high stress" situations).

b) Active or occassionally active in his drinking, meaning not at all a well person (which would explain ALOT of accidents and outbursts).

or c) A white knuckled dry drunk, meaning not at ALL a well person (which I'd rather see drink than acting out personally).

And that's it. Those are the possible options.

And yes it is our business as his employers to know WHICH of those three kinds of alcoholic we have in the White House. Those making fun (myself on occasion) don't diminsh the seriousness of this issue. Consider the occasional ribbing of Anheuser-Bush merely a much needed pressure release valve for dealing with the tell tale signs some of us know all too well.

For my very well informed opinion, I'd bet on a combination of c and b...for those occasional episodes we all know too well.

He's not that special people. If he really is the one in a million addicts that just "gets better" and never has any more problems without a hell of alot more work on himself that we know he didn't do...then he might as well just walk on water, 'cause he's Jesus.

And if anyone thinks it's okay for our President to be an untreated manic depressive or bi-polar or paranoid schitzophrenic (or any one of a dozen other disorders commonly associated with a lack of self control around the drink) since he supposedly has good "advisors" please take a look at their DUI arrests and "pancreatitus" issues sometime.

Last thought for the "enablers" ... it is NOT OKAY for an Alcoholic to drink "once in a while."

At least not while my PRESIDENT.

Admit it. If your janitor took that much vacation time and showed up that many Monday mornings with another "fell off a bike and/or couch" story to cover the bruises you'd fire him unless he came clean and got help. Why not the PRESIDENT?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
There is a difference between an alcoholic and an alcoholic in recovery. If GWB found religion about the time he quit drinking, he may have surrendered to his Higher Power to gain the strength to quite drinking.
We should take him at his word.

I see a lot of remarks here from people who know little about alcoholism. Kind of mean-spirited.

*This is a bipartisan message. I would have posted it if the person in question was a democrat.*

[edit on 23-8-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
There is a difference between an alcoholic and an alcoholic in recovery. If GWB found religion about the time he quit drinking, he may have surrendered to his Higher Power to gain the strength to quite drinking.
We should take him at his word.

I see a lot of remarks here from people who know little about alcoholism. Kind of mean-spirited.

*This is a bipartisan message. I would have posted it if the person in question was a democrat.*

Yet there is NO DIFFERENCE in the brain of an active alcoholic and an alcoholic in LIFE LONG RECOVERY...which is why I said if we take him "at his word" then he is c A DRY DRUNK... as you will not find any reputable recovery or treatment program on this planet that advocates "pray and you're better."

He may not drink anymore, but he's not better by a long stretch...and I hope you didn't mean my opinion was ill informed.

Edit: Nope. We know he lied because we have pictures of him drinking since he said he stopped. So he is drinking and lying about it.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Spud,

Thats great that you kicked the drinking thing, more power to you.

However, this thread is proceding on a course that assumes GW IS
drinking again. That's to what I was referring.
Just like the whole anti-depressant thing, which has been discussed often here.
Not sure if there is an inkling of truth to that either. However, people talk about it, as if it were fact.

I guess the first thing to do, is to determine if this is true..THEN let the silly comments commence! Otherwise, it's just sour grapes, and they make horrible WINE!

Space

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
No, RANT, you're cool by me. From personal experience, I think you know of which you speak.

If he is drinking, that is bad. (Do we know 100% that what was in his hand was booze?) An alcoholic is POWERLESS over alcohol. If he were drinking, I think he would have lost it by know.

If he's in a dry drunk, that would make him behave erratically. We've had other presidents behave erratically, I'm sure. Even past Presidential candidates (and no, I do NOT mean that media-enhanced Dean scene!!). So we cannot ASSUME his behavior is booze-related.
For his sake, I hope he is not on that path.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
OK, let's take Alcoholism 101. I am an alcoholic, been dealing with this for almost 30 years. Been falldown and that you can't hide for long. Been a dry drunk too, that is a miserable way to live. I'm surprised I didn't snap and go on a killing spree. Once dealing with your issues, understanding adult alcoholism, you actually can have some control over booze. It takes a long time to become a "functioning alcoholic." And watch out for those binges.
It's something that a person has to deal with their whole lives. No one is asking for sympathy, but I do have it for those that make judgements without doing rersearch into what they are debunking.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Rant- You're awesome. You hit the nail right on the head.

As far as what others said about Kerry being bi-polar: Show me the proof and we'll be glad to talk about that too.
All I know about Kerry is that he didnt quite bleed profusely enough while in the service. Now, that's ridiculous. Its laughable.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
LOL dytempe
Maybe if he'd had a foot or arm blown off or something?
Nahhhh....they'd come up with something else.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
dgtempe,

Kerry, bi-polar...That was a joke.

But I see that you are asking for proof...hmm why is that?
Is it wrong to treat speculation as proof? Is THAT what you are saying?

[edit on 24-8-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Oh well, I wouldnt be surprised if Kerry WAS bipolar, after all we seem to be running out of "sane" people who want the presidency.

I'm ready to Kerrywack too! I'm a fair person.

<< 1   >>

join