It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does George Bush still "Drinkie, Drinkie"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It was my understanding good ol "W" is an alkalick and gave up the juice after getting the Jesus. I believe he got off the stuff in 1986. I have seen our Commander in Chief in a 1993 video which is posted on "The Smoking Gun" acting stupid, sassy and chugging a glass of wine. Does anyone else know about our current President's drinking habits? Call me a kook but I thought wine had alcohol in it. So whats the skinny on the Republican Prince?

Thanks in advance.

Spud602

Hailing from the Bloated White Pick-Up Capital of the World. PHOENIX , ARIZONA!

[edit on 23-8-2004 by spud602]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Spuds I don't know if he still drinks or not.
But I know the head chef at the Ritz Carlton in a big resort community type place here who got to meet him. He cooked meals and did some of the serving. I think I will ask him if he saw anything.
The reason Bush was there was to get up campaign contributions from the rich folks who all live there.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I doubt he drinks. He's supposed to be on anti-depressants, you know, for dellussions so I would guess he cant indulge.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
He will probably always suffer from the disease. Personal politics aside, I feel a little sorry for the guy. You won't find many alcoholics who consider themselves "cured" completely. It's an everyday struggle.

An interesting site talking about "dry drunks" who struggle with alcohol but do not imbibe currently:

Originally posted on www.buzzflash.com...
In some of the more "willful" cases, the dry drunk internalizes a concept of "God's Will" to justify willful behavior. This mental obsession that the alcoholic now is possessed with the knowledge of God's Will allows the unrecovered alcoholic to justify ego driven, highly aggressive attitudes and behaviors in the face of opposition of life on life's terms. Using this God Given mandate, the unrecovered alcoholic is driven by a form of "self will run riot" that becomes not only dangerous to the alcoholic, but to all those the alcoholic affects in the daily course of life.

Sound familiar? *cough cough* Iraq *cough*

The agressiveness, appearance of confusion, speech issues, and history of GWB can lead one to believe he still struggles with the disease.

Originally posted on www.guardian.co.uk...
Justin Frank, a clinical professor of psychiatry at George Washington University, argues that the president's inclination to see the world in black-and-white, good-versus-evil terms, and his tendency to repeat favourite words and phrases under pressure, are not simply politics as usual, but classic symptoms of untreated alcoholism.

It's unfortunate, wether you support him or not, that he is likely unable to seek help given his current job. He would be eaten alive.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by RedBalloon]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hey! What goes good with beer? pretzels!!! lol.

And who saved Bush after he passed out? His dog!

This could also explain why he falls off his bicycle so much.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A few pictures found on google.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
According to these sites:
www.alcoholism-symptoms.com...

alcohol411.info...

"Alcoholics will often deny having alcoholism symptoms and may drink in secret to cover-up the problem. Dramatic mood swings and aggression also accompany alcoholic drinking."

...hmm....mood swings and aggression....I think its pretty clear cut what the answer to your question is!

[edit on 23-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
There was a thread on ATS about G W Bush being on anti psychotic drugs. Someone helpfully listed all the things the drugs were used to treat and one of the investigative uses was alcoholism. Not too sure what investigative uses are but could be a link.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Chris...I heard that too. If he is alcoholic and having mood swings, which fits into the symptoms of an alchoholic, this might explain why he is taking these drugs to control his mood swings and erratic behavior.

Hmmm...excellent thread...it all seems to be adding up now. Interesting....

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Control his mood swings and erratic behaviour? Do you think they're working?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Last i heard of this subject he's in direct communication with God. Goes around White House quoting bible verses, and saying God told him to do this and that.

Which God?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yes sir, ain't nothing quite as fun as dragging up someone's past problems and poking fun at them!

Maybe you wouldn't think alcoholism was so damn funny if you had a relative who struggled with it.

Grow some class please.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think the point of the post was that it isn't such a "past probloem." It's definitely not a funny situation, and pics of people looking silly do not make them an alcoholic.

On the subject of class.. not everyone has it, including politicians representing us, and those of us with relatives suffering from alcoholism.

As I said above - personal politics aside, I feel for the man and hope he ISN'T struggling with the disease, but sadly, I'm not so sure that he has left it all in his past.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I can see the relevence....sort of.....but primarily, as Djarums said, it's really just another personal dilemna/short-coming being pushed to the fore-front for all eyes to see - it's roelplay in politics is not such a driving force as this left-wing spin would have you believe....

Let the man handle it on his own - he's been disgraced enough, and although I can't stand Bush, he should be allowed some inkling of dignity before he gets booted.

Who really cares anyways? Let him dig his own grave....I'll have a couple jack and cokes and sit back and watch him

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Let the man handle it on his own - he's been disgraced enough, and although I can't stand Bush, he should be allowed some inkling of dignity before he gets booted.

Umm, if he was on his own, it wouldn't be a problem. He is the president, and the disease can effect his decisions such as why to go to war, his reasons for defending the war, etc. This is much more than a private issue. His *behavior* as president of this country matters to me. I care. Alcoholism isn't about losing dignity. He did that on his own. Alcoholism isn't shameful, but it can have an impact on the world in this case.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Maybe its just me, but I've never been too comfortable with an alcoholic that has mood swings, erratic, talks to God, etc. in charge of one of the most powerful nations in the world.

PS- I dont have too much sympathy for alcoholics...they bring it on themselves. Its quite simple really, dont drink in the first place, and then you have no reason to worry about it. So, no, I have no sympathy for alcoholics whether they are part of my family or not!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Grow some class please.

I agree with you..

Apparently "class" has been dismissed in this thread.

Maybe we should talk about Kerry's Bipolar disorder?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Maybe I didn't state my opinion clearly enough in my previous post......I don't think that it is impossible for his descisions to be affected by alcohol - however, as much as many people wish to believe, it is not Bush alone at the wheel calling the shots - primarily he's just a puppet doing what the strings tell him to do....so what he does, says and thinks are all sifted down from mulitple levels before they are acted out....he just takes the blame. Not only that, but even if a decision is his to begin with, he has a cabinet and other people he consults with who reason things out (not that I would call anything he has ever done as reasonable or logical)

The best he can do is make a fool out of himself in public, which he has already done plenty of times....maybe as a result of alcohol and maybe not....so even tho this guy has all the power in the world, he still can't go to take a piss without the secret service 5 feet away and his advisor right next to him telling him where to aim....if you think that he may act rash while drunk and make some impromptu descision and catch the world off-gaurd, you're wrong....the guy is monitored, filtered and decaffienated....lol

I don't think it's good for our PR....but hey - everyone has some personal issue that could make them less of a success if everyone else new about it, but not everyone's trash gets dug up, and sometimes that's for the better - In Bush's case, or any public official....the secrets are out and you just have to be sure not to let the press chew off any more than they can fit in their mouths at once.....

[edit on 8/23/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
... it is not Bush alone at the wheel calling the shots - primarily he's just a puppet doing what the strings tell him to do...

Excellent point, but he still has a lot of influence over what those others allow and the direction they move in.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hey Kids,

I'm sober 11 years and one thing alcoholics have is a sense of humor about their attempts to control their drinking. Nothing low brow bout this discussion. If good ol W says he is no longer drinking yet their is evidence of him still drinking there is a huge problem here. Got it? I just doubt the veracity of the Commander in Chief. For the love of God, I never should have been at the wheel when I was drinking and if ol Boy George is still drinking he shouldn't be at the Helm of State. And if he claims he is sober but still drinking then he is a liar. Call me crazy but I've never met an alcoholic who could quit drinking on his own and maintain any semblance of sanity.

Yeah I get to joke about this because I've been there and done that, paid back all the money and started behaving like an adult. I'm am quite aware of the wreckage I caused by my drinking, yet please talk about it. Don't shove it under the carpet like it didn't exist.

Right action requires no explaination. (Nor whispering about).

Spud

top topics

<<   2 >>

join