It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare Drug Testing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kicking2bears

Since I, the working class citizen, am the one being robbed, I really can't understand where you're coming from.

I was standing in line at the Grocery store today, and watched a worthless mother and her 5 kids (yes, really, 5) buy a bunch of candy bars...they put it on their LINK card (Illinois equivalent of food stamps)

So yeah..that's okay...i just need to shut up and deal with it, RIGHT?

Pathetic.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

Since I, the working class citizen, am the one being robbed, I really can't understand where you're coming from.

I was standing in line at the Grocery store today, and watched a worthless mother and her 5 kids (yes, really, 5) buy a bunch of candy bars...they put it on their LINK card (Illinois equivalent of food stamps)

Pathetic.

No, I don't suggest you just deal with it. Simply be sure your anger is focused on the right target.

Let me provide an example useing a fill in the blank statement. It may help clarify my position.

If I give the (organization) $100 to (help the poor) but $98.60 of it remains within the (organization) and only $1.40 goes to (help the poor) there is something very wrong with that.

That money was intended to help individuals and families so that hopefully, one day they will be self supporting productive members of society again. It was not intended to fill the pockets of the "fat-cats" in office.

That is the real abuse here. Not some parent who doesn't budget well and buys their children candy but rather some politician who pays their golf-club membership and gets drunk on the back nine with the money they stole from us.

(Yes, that was supposed to be an ironic use of the same type of unfounded prejudice this post was based upon. I can prove that 98% of the money isn't getting to the poor. We also have proof that 98% of welfare applicants are not on drugs. But, it's blatent prejudice to presume that all politicians are getting drunk on the back nine at a private golf course. Perhaps we could give those who have golf club memberships a breathalizer and see if 98% of them are sober upon leaving the golf course?)

I'd rather see a dozen happy fat children with melted candy on their face than one politician living the high life on my dime. Those kids can always choose to lose weight and learn to budget when they grow up. But, that politician will always be a soul-less money grubbing thief.

The purpose of "Law" should be to protect us from each other, not to protect us from ourselves. That's where I'm comeing from and that's what I believe our founding father's intended.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Are you out of your damn mind, I do not serve in the US.Marine Corp as a Sniper risking my life so some lazy piece of crap can collect welfare on my tax dime and do drugs. I fight and serve for the hard working American's that are trying to make it under tough conditions and keep fighting to work and survive not so they can collect a free hand out and get high.

You and the rest should give your entire paycheck to these drug users you Love so much...wait many of you sympathizers are probably pot smoking welfare recipients as well...

We should take all of you and send you to Singapore and see how long you last...

sniper

See that's where you are DEAD wrong! As someone who served with the U.S. Army Ranger Regiment, I can tell you that indeed, I did fight for EVERY AMERICAN!!!! Not just the ones I pick and choose to like!

That's the problem with many American's....we wish to JUDGE other human beings. You nor ANYONE ELSE have the power to judge another person. That power is reserved for whatever GOD a person believes in. If a person chooses to be a homeless druggie that's THEIR option. You don't know what they've gone through or what illness they have. It's the reason you should not judge them...besides the fact it isn't your business. You take care of YOU and YOURS and leave the judging to God.

And the way you spit "tax dime" from your lips you should really be quite because as servicemembers we were paid, trained, fed, etc....from the "tax dime"!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wbf850
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I totally agree with drug testing anyone who is on gov assistance, welfare, any of it. I had to take a drug test with all of my jobs. All kinds of people have to take drug tests to get work. Now i do know that people who work contribute to unemployment. But after you have been on it a while.
I think that it is a great idea. You take from the tax payers you can at least stay clean and try to better yourself.

There is no way this is going against the 4th amendment, what a joke. never did like the ACL. tom, in the original thread make the argument just perfect.!!

So basically it's the kid at the playground mentality of "if I have to do it, everyone should have too"?

Juvenile behavior, as a soldier I had to take urinalysis also...however as a bigger person, I don't wish it upon everyone else. See how that works? Only a coward and a small person wish for "everyone else to endure what I have to". I hope you aren't in charge of anyone because you aren't displaying leadership attributes.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

Pathetic.

Actually yes, you do need to just shut up...man up, and stop crying! Why are you worried about what that mother and her 5 kids eat and s###? What God gave you the authority to judge them? What have you done in life that enables you to JUDGE them?

For all you know (as the customer who just left my office) that could be the kids aunt who had to take custody of those kids because their mother, her sister died!

So yes, it's PATHETIC that you a mere human being (i'm sure), somehow found it in your ego to find it suitable and proper to judge another human being who you did not create.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Well if he didn't say it i would. If your living in my house you live under my rules and if I'm supporting you at least you could do is use my money wisely. You want to eat candy get a job. I for one am glad michigans welfare is being cut. The people are getting ready to head out of state to another place ripe for the pickings. 4 years is enough time to get yourself together or leave

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Well if he didn't say it i would. If your living in my house you live under my rules and if I'm supporting you at least you could do is use my money wisely. You want to eat candy get a job. I for one am glad michigans welfare is being cut. The people are getting ready to head out of state to another place ripe for the pickings. 4 years is enough time to get yourself together or leave

So exactly WHO is living in your house? What God made this planet YOUR house?

Exactly WHO are you supporting besides your children? Your paying taxes isn't supporting any single person but being distributed in a pot. Same way I may own a .0001 percent in our local NFL team...I can't demand they bend to my will!

Who are you to decide how money is spent wisely? What's wise for YOU may not be so for others?

Again, the problem with our society is JUDGEMENT. You nor anyone else have the Right to judge ANYONE. Worry about yours and either agree to live in this society or move in the woods like Daniel Boone where you won't have to worry about paying taxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join