It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Warns Of Falling Space Junk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

NASA Warns Of Falling Space Junk

members.beforeitsnews.com

Heads up! That's the word from NASA today (Sept. 7) given the impending re-entry of a 6.5-ton satellite through Earth's atmosphere.

The huge Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) is expected to re-enter Earth's atmosphere in an uncontrolled fall in late September or early October. Much of the spacecraft is expected to burn up during re-entry, but some pieces are expected to make it intact to the ground, NASA officials said. spacecraft that are

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.spaceref.com
www.space.com
secure.wikimedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
edit on 8/9/2011 by Lono1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Now, its interesting how these dates coincide with some of the more "out there" prophecies such as Harold Camping's "Rescheduled Rapture" and the "ELEninoids" TEOTWAWKI event, or the "Solar EMP". Given the propensity towards overreaction that we have seen as of late, is it too far out there to think this might be a cover up of some other "minor" event such as a meteor shower that the extreme tin foil hatters may see as a trumpet of the end times?

I, for one, believe only half of what I hear; and KNOW as a writer that all written work was done to convince someONE else of someTHING else...

So, chime in - Is this a simple preventative "sleight of hand" to keep peeps from widespread panic over a normal occurence? or is it the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

Im sure there will be those that believe it is more sinister as well...

members.beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
ATS needs a better search function. so when we make threads it lists the top 10 hits before we submit it.

Badly designed website.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've known about this since Monday. Its not a big deal or a conspiracy. The satellite just cannot stay in orbit any longer. Its a simple as that. Nothing to do with the Mayan prophecies as the guy above me seems to think.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What I find interesting is several Remote viewers have said that a satellite would fail sometime this year.
another point for Remote viewing.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

What I find interesting is several Remote viewers have said that a satellite would fail sometime this year. another point for Remote viewing.

what I find interesting is that remote viewing is used for, well, exactly what the name implies, remotely viewing somewhere, or something. Examples include the Iranian hostages and such.

This would be the first time I've ever encountered anyone claiming that remote viewers can actually see through time.

On that note, care to provide a source or link that shows which remote viewers "predicted" this and exactly what they said?

Fail can mean any number of things. sounds to me like cold reading. Why?

Because we know the sun cycle means we are due for lots of solar activity, which can cause satellites to "fail"

Unless you can provide a dated source where a remote viewer specifically says sometime this year a satellite will crash into earth, it's a cold reading.
edit on 8-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Ghost375

What I find interesting is several Remote viewers have said that a satellite would fail sometime this year. another point for Remote viewing.

what I find interesting is that remote viewing is used for, well, exactly what the name implies, remotely viewing somewhere, or something. Examples include the Iranian hostages and such.

This would be the first time I've ever encountered anyone claiming that remote viewers can actually see through time.

lol, great post. I was about to put the same thing. Someone makes a guess that turns out to be right and now they have superpowers. I would also point out that they said 'sometime this year'. This is stupid. If they could tell what year it was, why not give an exact date?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Let's see, what's left????

Water/GOM pollution (check)
Soil/DDT poisoning (check)
Earth/D.U.M.Bs pollution (check)
Atmospheric/chemtrail poisoning (check)
Air/Emission pollution (check)
Ionosphere/HAARP pollution (check)
Produce/Monsanto poisoning (check)
Meats/Monsanto poisoning (check)
People/Monsanto poisoning (check)
Infant/Vaccination poisoning (check)
Senior/pharmaceutical poisoning (check)
Jupiter/Galileo pollution (check)
Mars/Rover pollution (check)
Moon/NASA trickets/bombs pollution (check)

Ta Da.............and now we have plain old 'space' pollution. I think they have every square inch covered now!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Keep your construction hard hats on folks!!

If someone does get hit, I wonder if there could be a lawsuit..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmcgee

Surely getting hit by a falling satellite will leave them unable to form a lawsuit. Also, no one is likely to get hit.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Surely getting hit by a falling satellite will leave them unable to form a lawsuit. Also, no one is likely to get hit.

joke/jōk/
Noun: A thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, esp. a story with a funny punchline.

Try it sometime.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I think any lawsuit would be thrown out of court....NASA did fairly warn all of us.

But just think how much your day would suck...I mean, you are going about your normal business, and then all of a sudden, BOOM you get hit by the falling space junk....you would officially be able to say "WORST DAY EVER!"

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
and the stars will fall from heaven or perhaps "stars" since who ever wrote that never knew about tech.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

People file wrongfull death suits on behalf of their famly members all the time.

Why would this be any different?

Just saying what if, ya know?
edit on 8-9-2011 by popsmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've been wondering about all of the fires in my area of central Texas. They hit us with a vengence over last weekend. All explainable as BBQ fires gone wild, senseless cigarette smokers or trees limbs falling on power lines?

How about a bunch of small super-heated space debris falling and igniting those fires? How about not mere debris, but intentionally delivered objects, small, but virtually guaranteed to set anblaze any combusionable object they fell onto?

These would be of a design having some slightly more air resistance than a ball-shaped, aero-slick object. They would still be white hot on contacting the surface, but would not much penetrate the soil. (Bear in mind that these incendiary objects would not need to have the incredibly high velocities of micrometeorites only velocities more akin to orbital space objects and debris.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join