It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scripture memorization tips.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here is an easy way to memorize scripture. It's a well known method so here is a heads up who are unaware.

When you memorize scripture it's best to break it down and link it together as follows.

Here is a pretty good size verse, now lets break it down.
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Start by reciting the first part in bold, over and over again throughout the day until it is stuck in your memory.
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Repeat for the next line and after you have it down link it to the first part.

Wash, rinse, repeat for the rest of the text. It's an effective way to memorize scripture and can work for any other text. Best advice is take it slow so it will stick in your memory better. Review, review, review to keep it fresh and to stop from forgetting it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Good tip, thanks for posting it. I have also found it useful for memorizing my parts in a ceremonial for the initiation for new members into, what is considered here as, a secret Vatican-controlled society. (That was not a joke.)

I shall be one of the few survivors! (Now, THAT was a joke.)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Nice tip, but I've got a better one, don't bother, then you could use that brain power and memory for something that matters.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Why memorize scripture when its more then likely most people here never leave their computer anyways?

Yes that was a joke too...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why memorize scripture when its more then likely most people here never leave their computer anyways?
I would be one of those people.
I try not to memorize anything.
Mainly what I try to remember is that spell check only does so much and there are different words that look very similar but have different meanings, so I try to remember to see the difference.
Things like decent, and descent.
ascent, and assent.

join