FACT CHECK: Perry, Romney twist records in debate

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Liars, or idiots?

You decide!

When Mitt Romney and Rick Perry thumped their chests over their job-creation records as governor during the Republican presidential debate Wednesday night, they left the bad parts out.
SOURCE

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'll go with both.

Maybe someone can teach them a lesson.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is why I believe all politicians should be held accountable for what they say to the public. If they lie, skew facts or mislead us they should be removed from office.

Instead they are allowed to lie which allows most people to gain information about THEIR country that is either false or skewed.

A real democracy is one where you're leader and public speakers are accountable for what they are teaching the public. I say teaching because usually we don't get these numbers/reports handed to us.
edit on 8-9-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

Both for sure, and I have to add that it is really frightening to think one of them will probably be the next president. That whole debate was laughable, and full of hogwash. Why do no good men (or women) run for office? Because nobody good would ever want the job!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is a huge issue that will never be addressed, watching the debate last night I even believed their job creation numbers and I was critical all night. These kinds of things should not be lied about because people can't possibly fact check every single thing a candidate says during a debate, it is rather frustrating when there is only one man on stage telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth but he can't say it in a polished manner like the other candidates with their rehearsed talking points.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A website that provides live coverage, play-by-play; with a fact check scrolling across the bottm, and a final round of questions about the lies they tell...

...two great ideas that may never come to pass.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

Say what? Politicians that Lie?? I'm shocked, SHOCKED!

Obama is the biggest liar of them all. There is an org called FactCheck, but it is so liberally biased as to be useless. Making real-time conclusions on what a candidate says is dangerous anyway. We should always take the time to get a transcript and research their answers after the debate.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Politicians LIE every time their lips move...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

This is why I believe all politicians should be held accountable for what they say to the public. If they lie, skew facts or mislead us they should be removed from office.

I totally agree, once a politician has lied to the people he should immediately be removed from office. People say it's only a politician they always lie!!! Where does this attitude come from? it astonishes me! They get away with murder, it's time for honesty and openness, no if's no but's.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Not surprised in the least, seems like Ron Paul is the only honest one running for president.

join