It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's jobs plan may top $400 billion [Up from $300b yesteday]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Title Emphasis Mine to Note Utter Insanity
Related thread below shows the plan has increased by $100bn in ONE DAY.

Obama's jobs plan may top $400 billion

www.cbsnews.com

On Wednesday, CBS News learned that the president's jobs and growth package now could top $400 billion. That's a big number, and CBS News correspondent Norah O'Donnell reports that the size of this plan has grown over recent days.

Advisors claim this plan will have bipartisan appeal and will be paid for with additional deficit reduction. President Obama's plan will combine new tax cuts and spending measures.

Also included in the plan is an extension of the payroll-tax cuts set to expire. That's worth $1,000 per household. Its estimated cost is $120 billion dollars.

The pre
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama Said to Seek $300 Billion Jobs Package
edit on 2011/9/8 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So, I have already posted the article saying that it would be around $300 billion, yesterday. How could you forget to add $100 billion to your stimulus package?

Lest we forget, it's completely unfunded. He is looking to congress to make revenue increases (Read Taxes), and cuts to make up it up for years to come.

How can anyone back a POTUS making long term committments with our money, without consulting Congress, and tell us it's for our own good?

No taxation without representation :

End Inflationary FED
End Unfunded Spending Sprees
End the False Left Right Paradigm

Take Action.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yep, his first round of 'buying jobs' didn't pan out so well, so let's try to 'buy' some more!

Now he is serious about jobs.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

No matter, its not going anywhere. Been there, done that.

Obama is quickly becoming irrelevant to the national debate, with most folks tired of the same old bromides and nonsense that already have not worked.

Is his speach important? Sure, it will give fodder to the pundits and talk radio hosts, but as a meaningful policy approach, it is meaningless.

Nobody believes that any cuts will ever materialize, because historically they have not been implemented. Nobody believes that printing money will put folks back to work, it has totally failed to do that to date. Why would it be reasonable to suggest that this $300bn will somehow work when all of the prior stimulus did not? It makes no sense.

Whats important to Obama? Not the speach. If it was the speach he would have given it already, from behind his desk in the Oval Office. What is important to Obama is what is always important to Obama and that is the show, the pomp and circumstance of the House Chamber with the mandatory applause when he enters the room and the rest of the spectical. He's got no substance so the visual is all he can go with.

He can at least look like the President. He may be unable to lead like a President, make decisions like a President, create coalitions like a President to actually get something done. He's great at looking like a President though.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Here's Obama's plan for the unemployment........MORE unemployment:

NAFTA, or as us Kiwis call it....TPPA (Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement

www.infowars.com...

Good luck with that job plan of his......as usual Obama is all noise and produces nothing!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Maxine Waters stated that the plan would be 1 trillion dollars.

Seems she might be right.

Just when I think that they (pols in D.C.) have reached the pinacle of stupidity, they prove me wrong.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
lol, this is hilarious,

He's trying to buy more time before the inevitable default.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Maxine Waters stated that the plan would be 1 trillion dollars.

Seems she might be right.

Just when I think that they (pols in D.C.) have reached the pinacle of stupidity, they prove me wrong.

---------
They are floating all kinds of trial balloons.
The idea is to create a few temp jobs to help Obama get re-elected in November 2012.
--------
Instead of band aids, we should be hearing an actual solution that will work.
I predict we will hear a campaign speech tonight with no specifics.
One thing is for sure. We will not hear the word stimulus tonight.
Instead it will be fluffy words like - invest & federal family -.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What the hell? What is he trying to do, repair our roads and bridges? Is this asshat really trying to make America's infrastructure strong again? What an ass.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

This is more garbage. The payroll tax relief helps those on the higher end of the scale much more than the guy making $10 hr. If you make 100k you save 2 grand and if you make 20k you save $400.

There can be no real wealth creation and thus no real job creation under a debt based money system. It is mathematically impossible. any wealth acquired means less wealth for someone else. We need a system where everyone who is willing to work, as a whole, can come out ahead.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sevensight

Well, where else are people supposed to sleep after the next mega stock market crash?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sevensight
What the hell? What is he trying to do, repair our roads and bridges? Is this asshat really trying to make America's infrastructure strong again? What an ass.

Classic example of glancing over or barely reading the article, and not doing research beyond the facts that the article is spoon feeding you.

If he wanted to rebuild roads and infrastructure, this build would be about roads and infrastructure only. If it was about spending money we don't have, and forcing Congress to accept it because if they didn't he could claim they are against rebuilding our roads and infrastructure, this is how you do it.

Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Well, where else are people supposed to sleep after the next mega stock market crash?

Oh
My
God

Fantastic reply. I love it.

Some people just don't get it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oh geez this is crazy. I know how he can boost up the economy, put millions back to work, and bring jobs back to the US AND help clean up the earth. This one little thing he could do, would also create green energy, better textiles, biodegradable plastics, and diesel fuel. I know how he could do ALL this and NOT SPEND A DIME!!!! So frustrating.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I wonder if the main reason for the additional billions is because the mess with the US postal and their bailout on the retirement pensions is going to be more than expected.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
We need a new govt program to train 'Community Organizers'.

That way we will have a good supply of 'qualified' presidential candidates for the future.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Infrastructure is an important thing - however the government has repeatedly shown itself to be unable to effectively implement infrastructure.

Find me one high speed rail or bridge project run by the government that has not been massively over both budget and schedule. You won't find one.

Want to build infrastructure, take it out of the government's hands, out of the union hands and let private companies do the work.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Infrastructure is an important thing - however the government has repeatedly shown itself to be unable to effectively implement infrastructure.

Find me one high speed rail or bridge project run by the government that has not been massively over both budget and schedule. You won't find one.

Want to build infrastructure, take it out of the government's hands, out of the union hands and let private companies do the work.

They had a small town hall meeting on Hannity last night.
Half republicans / half democrats
- Obama blew it. - They ALL hated the speech.
More government spending.
No way to pay for it.
The House will not raise taxes during this terrible economy.
----------
The word from the White House is to just make the new congressional supercommittee
find a way to pay for it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It is up to $450 billion this morning. Do I hear $500 billion? $600 billion?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is another union workers plan as for the most part the few jobs it brings are rebuilding roads and infrastructure and most of these jobs are union.

Companies are not going to hire till they can sell there products or services. tax breaks for these companies will not help if the companies if they can not sell there products. you only hire if sales go up and stay up.

Yes there will be some new jobs in Oct Nov and Dec but most will end in Jan.
These are just Christmas jobs but Obama will claim them and downplay them ending at the first of the year.

I also see a number of companies laying off people next summer and fall to influence the elections.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join