It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody feeling anything in the Northeast [USA]?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Sitting here in NY and lamp on my glass table just shook two times. This is what it did when the earthquake hit Virginia two weeks ago. Anyone else feel anything or am I just paranoid?

Timidgal
edit on 8/9/11 by masqua because: Eited title for geographic location

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Nothing appearing as far as quakes.

Are you in an area that has flooding going on?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Yep and thinking it's maybe ground shifting. Weird feeling like being swayed but again, not sure if I'm just over stressed from the last two weeks. Anyway, thanks for checking the EQs and I'll report if anything else happens.

Timidgal

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
im in pottsville, pa and i def. don't feel anything shaking. just a lot of rain

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pjp14

Thanks for replying. Have been blindsided by so many trolls lately and it's nice to know that it's still mostly decent folks here. Stay dry and safe!

Timidgal

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I clicked on this because a region of the UK is commonly referred to as the North East. I think we all need reminding that this is an international forum and therefore subject headings should be specific as to the country where possible. Otherwise it just comes across as a combination of arrogance and ignorance.
If it was me posting about UK, I would say North East UK. Because I am aware people come here from different countries. Of course if it was purely a British forum, I would just say North East.
In this case it would have been better to say, North East US.
I am sure someone will say this is 'off topic' but subject headings are important and this sort of thing just keeps on coming up.
But no I have not felt anything in 'the northeast'. Not MY north east anyway.
edit on 8-9-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjp14
im in pottsville, pa and i def. don't feel anything shaking. just a lot of rain

Pot's Full, PA

I'm in Reading, PA Nothing shakin here. And we felt the VA quake when that rolled through.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

You know what??? I am done with always being so nice and respectful of everyone else when it is rarely reciprocated. This site used to be dominated by decent people interested in fruitful and informative conversation and now it seems like it's full of whinners. I really couldn't give two #s if I came off as being arrogant (ignorant is laughable) - I was scared and in my rush to make my post, I left off something that I would have otherwise been more conscientious about. I'm sorry but you can try to have a little compassion for a fellow human being and stop pointing out how others come off as being arrogant and ignorant.

Timidgal (NOT!!!)

edit on 9/8/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks, Butcherguy. Everything seems to have quieted down here as well. Neighbors felt a little sway as well so we're thinking it might be ground shift from all the water. Anyway, everything seems to have stablized for now but I appreciate your response. Have a good day!

Timidgal

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
Sitting here in NY and lamp on my glass table just shook two times. This is what it did when the earthquake hit Virginia two weeks ago. Anyone else feel anything or am I just paranoid?

Timidgal

Are you in NYC? If Yes then the buildings are designed to sway upto certain extent during high winds for high rise buildings. Also I am not sure but at times even if you're in a single level building and if the roads outside are not properly fortified, the moving vehicles such as trucks or fire engines can give you the effect of a EQ

However if nothing is reported by USGS then its not EQ.

I know as I used to work in NYC for a while.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I really don't think you should be that upset. Star only seemed to be making the point that there are people here from so many different countries, we shouldn't just assume everything is about us in America. I don't think it was meant to be mean, but maybe that's just me

BTW, Glad it wasn't an earthquake and hope everyone is getting the help they need in the Northeast US.
edit on 8-9-2011 by chiefsmom because: topic

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by starchild10

You know what??? I am done with always being so nice and respectful of everyone else when it is rarely reciprocated. This site used to be dominated by decent people interested in fruitful and informative conversation and now it seems like it's full of whinners. I really couldn't give two #s if I came off as being arrogant (ignorant is laughable) - I was scared and if in my rush to make my post, I left off something that I would have otherwise been more conscientious about. I'm sorry but you can try to have a little compassion for a fellow human being and stop pointing out how others come off as being arrogant and ignorant.

Timidgal (NOT!!!)

Don't worry about it TimidGal - I'm in Philly and I'd have posted NE as well if I were panicked. Perhaps Brits are a bit more composed when feeling threatened - who knows? Don't let it dissuade you from posting - we need more polite people! Polite with thick skin would be optimal, but we'll take polite and panicked just the same.

Anyhoo, I'm in Philly and haven't felt a thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Thanks, hp1229. Not right in NYC but about 10 miles outside of it. I'm also right by the TZee Bridge and there's a lot of vibration from its long span so I think I know what you're talking about insofar as the vibrations are concerned. Anyway, everything seems to have stopped but I appreciate your taking the time to reply. Take care!

Timidgal

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I'm in Ontario just north of NY state. I remember a slight vibrating sensation yesterday evening. I have been through several quakes on the west and east coast. This was very minor but I definitely felt something. It happened twice, one more time 20 minutes later. I would have blamed it on a truck or train passing by but that would not account for the slight dizziness I felt. Maybe it was from my after school meds

I checked the maps and nothing was listed. None of my neighbors felt it. I even made a few calls and no one else felt it either. I do have a higher sense of perception than most people though. I am very sensitive to low and high vibrational movements. If I find out more I will get back to you.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I get that and I typically am incredibly conscientious of that but maybe I'm the anomaly in that when I read someone else's thread, I try to take all factors into consideration before responding and the last thing I would ever do is respond in a snarky manner to someone who was obviously stressed. I would always give that person the benefit of a doubt but maybe I just expect too much of people. I've seen such terrible schadenfreude taking place in the forums over the last few days and it's getting hard to discern what is genuine and what is spiteful. Anyone whose spoken with me knows that I am not a snappy or mean person but I just felt that her/his response was really inconsiderate. Anyway, it's over now and I'm back on topic.

Timidgal
edit on 9/8/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Polite ALMOST always, panicked maybe 5% of the time and thick skinned the other 95% of the time.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Having gone through this in Arkansas chances are that you are still feeling the microquakes and the swaying is the ground moving. With all the rain and flooding adding to it. Eating corn does help with the symptoms if your ears are ringing and the swaying makes you seasick. A lot of the quakes did not show up on USGS at all but they were felt by many here.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Much obligated. These are unusual times and I'm grateful to have a worldwide "reality check" available when needed. Perhaps some of us are more sensitive to the vibrations than others but this, I'm pretty sure, was ground shifting which is no big deal as my building is made to accommodate slight shifts. Just overly sensitive with all of the bizarre earth events and now all of the fear-mongering going on over the 9/11 anniversary. Going to turn off the TV and just chill for a bit.

Thanks everyone for responding, and to starchild10, my dam broke in that moment and for that I apologize. I hope you accept it with the good intent it's meant to convey.

Have a good day everyone wherever you may be on the planet!

Timidgal

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Are you serious about the corn because that's exactly what's happening to me AND two of my neighbors (ears ringing and nausea from the swaying)...

Timidgal

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Im no geological expert but if the ground shifting causes your glass to move and such, I think you should be wary of the base your house is resting on. I mean, earthquakes are ground shifting, and if it shifts THAT much without an earthquake, well, you should be careful your house isn't actually moving.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join