It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians launch UN bid solidarity campaign

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The teremity of the Americans.

Amid intensifying diplomatic efforts to avoid a potentially damaging collision with the US, a series of high-level diplomatic delegations has visited Abbas over the past week. The US secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, telephoned the Palestinian president to appeal to him to "avoid a negative scenario" when the UN general assembly opens in less than two weeks.

President Obama's Middle East envoy David Hale and senior adviser Dennis Ross travelled to Ramallah on Thursday, the day after the Quartet on the Middle East envoy, Tony Blair, visited Abbas. The two delegations urged a return to peace negotiations with Israel instead of the UN strategy.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Where is the pressure on Israel to stop the settlement expansion, to agree to 1967 borders?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

It also means Israel can be held accountable if there was a disproportionate response deliberately targetting civilians.

The simple fact is, once there is a Palestinian state both sides will be held accountable and both sides will finally be forced to the negotiation table once and for all.
edit on 8-9-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

That is the dream lifeissacred.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This really isn't going to change Palestine's status as a completely invalid power.

Israel has a far better trade status with the NATO powers and U.N. member nations, as well as better diplomatic relations.

Palestine is a hole in the ground that no one can take seriously.

The only reason the rest of the world has anything to do with the Arab nations is due to the oil they sit on. Otherwise, the vast majority do nothing worth the effort and hassle.

I've said it before: glassing the middle east would be the most cost-effective action in the history of mankind.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I don't want to get off topic but I recall you making similar comments about Iran, North Korea, Syria. Perhaps I am wrong about the Syria remark. When I get home and have access to a PC I can compile a list of these statements. It may take a while to go over your post history, but I know some of these remarks were recent. If I have misquoted you then I will publicly apologize. I rather stay on topic though LOL. I'm in class and don't have time to post links and do in depth research. Sorry OP for the off topic post. Liberty, are you denying these statements. The post history never lies.
I am denying. I believe you have me confused with "ultraman" in a post he made. It was in the "superhero" thread iirc. Let me see if I can find it.

I would start doing nice things, like taking icebergs to dry arid regions and dropping them in the area for water, cleaning up dirty lakes, demolish inner city building in rundown areas and plant trees and build parks for kids....etc

Then, for the fun stuff, I would take down North Korea, Iran, and Libya. Then I would threaten China with destruction if they didn't bring freedom and human rights to their country.....then

I would fly back to North America and hunt down and kill all the pedophiles that had done things to little children....then I would built a fortress in the North fashioned after blueprints from Superman's pad....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: I await my public apology.
edit on 8-9-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hmmm... You have had days to research my so called comments. I still await my public apology, though I know that you will never man up.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I asked you first if you deny making these statements. You have not denied them even though you have had multiple chances to do this. Post history doesn't lie. Maybe you should man up. Looks like you owe me an apology. I'm waiting...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 12-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I asked you first if you deny making these statements. You have not denied them even though you have had multiple chances to do this. Post history doesn't lie. Maybe you should man up. Looks like you owe me an apology. I'm waiting...
Look 2 posts above the one I am quoting.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Look 2 posts above the one I am quoting.

Well there you have it... I looked two posts up and you did deny it. I am sorry for accusing you of making claims I have not researched for certainty. I will make sure to look into this in more detail once I have the energy to do so. But I sincerely apologize for jumping the gun, and not seeing you actually deny it. I'm stubborn, but am able to admit a mistake.

LOL, if we still need to discuss this let's at least make a thread about it in off topic or something. I feel kind of disrespectful to the OP while me and you are bickering in his thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
No need. You apologized. That is the end of it as far as I am concerned. I underestimated you. You surprised me by "manning up"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join