It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flooding in New York

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Keep on congratulating yourself. Just like I did, living where we never got earthquakes, we are not in tornado alley, no extreme weather, no mud sides. My entire childhood and most of my young adult life was spent in relatively secure conditions. So what happens here in the last fifteen years? A couple of tornadoes, one of which killed people, the other shredded the roof of the shopping center near my previous house. Two earthquakes, the most recent of which twisted my parents' house and friends' homes enough to cause doors not to open and close properly anymore and a crack in a wall for one house, and possibly a damaged gas line that the gas compamy will be taking a look at in my parents' neighborhood. A hurricane that caused power loss for a full week for others. Snow up to my chest last winter. We don't have it as bad as PA and NY and NJ, but we are having flooding and closed roads, too. There is plenty more I am forgetting at the moment...oh yeah, I've even seen sink holes. My point is, you just never know. Rather than being smug, be thankful and pray your good fortune holds out and that mercy and good fortune comes to those in troubled areas.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm currently in Binghamton,NY, very sad situation here, lots of people flooded out, it has receded today which is good but there is a lot of damage here and in surrounding communities. The rain just didn't stop, thankfully we didn't get the second wave we where expecting.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i cant get youtube videos to work yet for some reson though maybe if we all flush more this wouldnt happen

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
much of new york city's 5 boroughs is made of 1 little and 2 tiny islands:

Staten, Manhattan & Long

and well Bronx is all coastal waterways practically an island, too.

so yeah no surprise if they got HAARP working the way they wanted it too,

the next Irene system could be catastrophic with millions flooded out and a huge death toll
edit on 9-9-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

In my Jeep, I drove through 2 feet of raging river water that was flooding over a bridge on Thursday, and then I got caught by a cop and got a ticket.. lol. I was late for school in Utica, NY and cut through Clinton NY where the flooding is pretty bad, and unfortunately got caught. So, if u do go through flood waters and are positive your car will make it, make sure there aren't cops sitting around waiting to give you a ticket. The cop said, "It's for your own safety, the road could be washed out underneath the flood waters" but those same areas flood almost every year and it hasn't been washed out yet. But who knows, right. Also there were peoples front yards that were flooded out to the road, and when cars pass through they create a "wake" and some lady was getting pissed off and apparently it was making the flooding in her house worse (I doubt it, water is probably coming in consistently and has nothing to do with some ripples at the surface) but thats why I got a ticket. So just a heads up for you nutjobs like me that like to act like your on the Oregon trail

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

I saw that this was 1/8 mile from your home. I am from Lycoming County....my mom lost her whole first floor, her neighbor the whole house. Very sad and most of the country knows nothing about it.

...and to the guy below you who mentioned that it was great to see the nation's greedy getting hit, do you know anything about the area at all! Areas of my home town went under in this flooding and most of the people who lost so much (some of them everything) are older residents that can't really start over again at 80 years old! My mom, thank God, was literally rescused out of her home as the water was coming in. ....others in a retirement high rise had to be taken out by rowboat. WTH.....how can you even say something like this??? There are some sad hearts out there, honestly.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymouth

Wow, just wow. .....a little FYI the last flood that came through residents found that the flood insurance was rather "selective" about what they chose to cover and what they didn't. Many people kept up their flood insurance and found they still lost many things that weren't covered. ....and another thing, the particular zone my mother lives in was designated to no longer be a flood zone - so everyone there........because they are all retired and living on fixed incomes......dropped their flood insurance to pinch some pennies. They have nothing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join