It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time traveller brings us something from future!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
not sure if right forum, but if they work the way I think they will it is a great bit of science and technology!!
also, some of the older folks won't like this, but your kids will love it!!!!
Great Scott!!!!

edit on 8-9-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Not sure if we really need this right now.

The video is possibly the most anticlimactic I've seen this year.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

hahahahahaha Loved it, I was hoping one pair of those boots were odd and jumped out to the screen

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
And here is some background to this video:
[url=http://www.nicekicks.com/2011/09/is-nike-taking-us-back-to-the-future/]http://www.nicekicks.com/2011/09/is-nike-taking-us-back-to-the-future/[/ur l]

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Real life time traveller my ASS . . . more like a gathering of big time multinational wallet gouging fat rich pricks using bells and whistles and lights and shiny beads and any other crap they can dream up to make sure the kids start pestering their folks to buy them yet another $200 pair of freakin' running shoes.

And instead of those parents telling the kids that THEY'RE WHACKED IN THE DAMN HEAD IF THEY THINK THEY NEED $200 'KICKS', they'll run to the nearest shopping mall, whip out the plastic and yet again buy more stuff they can't afford and will end up paying more than double for by the time they make 85 minimum payments on the damn card to cover the nut-plus-vig on that purchase.

Makes me wanna barf up my waffles on this otherwise dreary day-before-Friday.

'nuff said.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

sorry guys, I was hoping a bit of some light hearted stuff was needed around ats lately. and as a huge bttf geek, I don't think most people born after the 80's would have much interest in these shoes.

don't get me wrong, these are ugly and not practical at all, but if they nail the "auto-lace" tech from the movie, I'm buying a pair!! these shoes have been nike's sole goal (puns galore) since the movie came out.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
now I am seriously starting to wonder if it's ME or ATS going funny right about now.

WTH?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Ahaha What? What was it tho.. I expected something to happen, but shiney shoes with big lips and laces, en masse, is all I saw.

Know what they were, but..... what the hell was it lol, bttf fanfair?!

perhaps I need a lie down now....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

nike after years of R&D finally got the shoes down pat, and are about to unveil them officially. they even hired christoper lloyd (doc brown) to head the viral marketing. the reason the video is dull, is because they want people to know it wasn't cgi, and the shoes are in fact real.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
That's heavy.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

And instead of those parents telling the kids that THEY'RE WHACKED IN THE DAMN HEAD IF THEY THINK THEY NEED $200 'KICKS', they'll run to the nearest shopping mall, whip out the plastic and yet again buy more stuff they can't afford and will end up paying more than double for by the time they make 85 minimum payments on the damn card to cover the nut-plus-vig on that purchase.

Yep, the $25 pair that I have on my feet were made in the same third world sweatshops, and they keep my feet off the ground just as well as the ones that some over-paid jock is shilling.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Self lacing shoes?

Most ats'ers are ahead of that with their no lacing shoes. Also known as slippers.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mongomuggins

and elastic laces that are in place and have no need for tying

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
A good example how some sheeple think they are soooo cool.
Letmeouttahere!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am still waiting for my hoover board....I have wanted one since i was 8...now I am 32 and theyre still not here

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGKONG

this is better then nothing

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Found this online today re Nike:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

yeah, they are for charity and no power laces. 1st pair on ebay is already over $75,000 with a day to go yet.
oh well, good for MJF, mods you can delete this now.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
A few years back I found these awesome black stylish tennis shoes/running shoes/sneakers whatever at Wal-Mart. They looked and felt just like good quality shoes but were slip ons ! I was like.. wow.. I used them for a few years always the same i'd buy about every 8 months then Wal-Mart stopped carrying them.

I loved them cus I never saw shoes in that style made to be slip ons. They fit tight, you could run in them just as good as laced up shoes ! i loved that I didn't have to spend time lacing them up. Of course I tried the velcro style too but I liked these more. made by Ozark Trail I think..

On the shoes the Nike Mag sneaker, am I to understand they ju8st look like the power lace shoes in the Back to the Future II movie but they do not actually power lace?
edit on 9-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

yeah, false alarm, no auto-lace
though it is for a great cause. a single pair of shoes pulling over $75k a pop for parkinsons is great.

on walmart shoes, I am currently wearing my "smoking" sandals. $5 dollar slip-ons from walmart, a great purchase IMO.
needed them cause the family forced me outside to smoke.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join