It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder: Higher-Ups Had No Knowledge of ATF Fast & Furious Sting: (begging for a pass)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Holder Denies Prior Knowledge of 'Fast and Furious'

On Wednesday, Attorney General Eric Holder said for the first time that not only he but also other higher-ups at the Justice Department were not aware of the operation as it was being carried out. Holder also suggested politics could be a driving force behind Republican lawmakers' forceful inquiries into the matter.

"The notion that somehow or other this thing reaches into the upper levels of the Justice Department is something that. ... I don't think is supported by the facts," Holder told reporters at an unrelated press conference in Washington. "It's kind of something I think certain members of Congress would like to see, the notion that somehow or other high-level people in the department were involved. As I said, I don't think that is going to be shown to be the case -- which doesn't mean that the mistakes were not serious."

A spokeswoman for the Republican leading a congressional investigation described Holder's comments as baseless "whining," and earlier Wednesday the House Republican himself said the issue is about more than who knew what, when. "Whenever you talk about human mistakes, you have to say, 'What was in the system that allowed that human mistake to go on and perpetuate itself?'" Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., chairman of the House Oversight Committee.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Well, I don't know what is worse in this matter. Being involved and lying..... Or not being involved and looking like a idiot. In this case... I think Holder is in big trouble. This isn't some minor issue that can be brushed away.

It sounds to me like the Congressional investigation is getting close to the top of the food chain and they don't like that.... so.... the attack on the Repubs begin. "This just has to be political.... " "We are Gods and we didn't do anything....".

Exactly, they didn't do anything-especially stopping it.

And, if Holder and Crew DIDN'T know about it... why are they stalling in presenting subpoenaed evidence-badgering witnesses, threatening it's employees?

I think that with the recent announcement that the AZ US ATTY and others bowed out this week. With that, fresh new attys with no ties to the operations will be free to investigate. Especially in AZ to the Washington. This will be their downfall.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Quite simply put: he's a filthy liar who's just trying to cover his rear. And his boss is just as filthy for having his back on this. Does anyone really think that these two who have, at every turn shown psychopathic behavior, didn't know about a program designed with a high risk of murder? They revel in it.

ETA:

Originally posted by anon72

Well, I don't know what is worse in this matter. Being involved and lying..... Or not being involved and looking like a idiot. In this case... I think Holder is in big trouble. This isn't some minor issue that can be brushed away.

It will be brushed under the rug. Someone else will take the fall for this. Lord Obama and Prince Holder are BFFs. They have each others' back on this.

/TOA
edit on 8-9-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I just saw this story.... which is really going to make Holder cry like a little girl....

McCain Wants Senate Hearing on Fast and Furious

McCain on Wednesday asked the Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee for a hearing as soon as possible on the operation, known as "Fast and Furious." McCain, a member of the committee, wrote in a letter that the panel must "ensure further damage from this operation does not persist."

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I'm wondering why CBS is not continueing to do follow ups on this story since they broke it. It's like they handed it off to FOX, maybe afraid that they would lose even more veiwership, what little they have.

If I were in Issa's shoes, I would be charging Holder with sedition at a minimum. THAT would get the medias attention.

I missed last nights debate, was this issue even brought up?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by anon72

I'm wondering why CBS is not continueing to do follow ups on this story since they broke it. It's like they handed it off to FOX, maybe afraid that they would lose even more veiwership, what little they have.

If I were in Issa's shoes, I would be charging Holder with sedition at a minimum. THAT would get the medias attention.

I missed last nights debate, was this issue even brought up?

MSNBC bringing up something negative about the hand that feeds them? Yeah, that's gonna happen right after Fox News endorses Obama for the presidency.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

McCain wants them to conduct a hearing as soon as possible?

What?

Is he asking them to check their day planner for an open date so they get together for coffee? He should be demanding a immediate hearing.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's getting pretty evident who is behind the killings and drug wars in Mexico,already have a trail of who is supplying the weapons,just a matter of time before the US declares war on Mexico,on the premise they are too violent and can't control their country,IMO John Mc Clain is a senile old man who uses his"POW" badge like a crown,get rid of the old wind bag,bad for Republican party

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

That is probably the most correct scenario that will unfold.

The Old "Attack them so they don't tell on us" plan.

Such a shame to see our USA going down in flames like it is. I better learn Chinese-quick like

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
if holder didn't know he should have set up as official protocol and department policy that the head of the justice department gets a memo listing all major operations and a brief outline on tactics as well as a monthly progress report.

as a lawyer and head of the justice department he should know that ignorance of the law is no excuse at all and he should do us all a favor and arrest himself.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Holder is full of it.

They gave THOUSANDS of guns to Mexican cartels, hundreds of guns to Honduras cartels and hundreds of GRENADES to Mexicans cartels.

Holder and Obama (because let's face it Obama knew about it) are terrorists and should be tied up and sent to Mexico in a box with a sign saying :

``Take care of those two war criminals for what they have done to your people. Thank you very much. - The American People.``

Then an angry lynch mob can take care of business.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I just saw in the news that a third gun from the F&F program was located at the scene of the Border Patrol that was MURDERED-

Thanks Obama/Holder. I sure hope you don't run into any of these US gun toating Drugies.....

I hupe arrest and worse are coming to you and any others involved in this.

new topics

top topics

join