It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Alzheimer's diagnosis In June 2011, Campbell said he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease six months earlier. He added he had been suffering from short-term memory loss for years. He also said he intended to do a farewell tour before retiring from the music industry.[22]

Thank you Glen for your music, I thought I'd share this with everyone.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I personally met the man twice in the 1960s, nice man, real gentleman too. Very sad news to hear of his ongoing health problems.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I've heard he is a complete gentleman and it's a tribute to the guy that he's still singing! He's released a final album called Ghost on the Canvas

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I know you'll be envious but he signed ALL my Glen Campbell records....yes, RECORDS and although I have'nt listened to him since the 1970s, I still admire my collection....and that of Johnny Cash when I met him too.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I know you'll be envious but he signed ALL my Glen Campbell records....yes, RECORDS and although I have'nt listened to him since the 1970s, I still admire my collection....and that of Johnny Cash when I met him too.

Damn you!

He was interviewed on Smooth FM the other week and it reminded me of the linked song, considering the guys in his mid 70's he's still got a great voice.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

you have no idea how much I love this song - beautiful

what a hell of disease - breaks my heart every time I hear something like this

thank you for posting this - been a while since I heard it

new topics

top topics

join