It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The roles of men and women

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I did the play PAJAMA GAME in high school about a pajama making factory... It was cast of women and men... but mostly women. I see your points. Good post. I agree with both sides of the rant here. What's that called? Switzerland?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
ok, this is going to be a little bit off the topic... but, it goes well with the title of the thread

the most important roles of men and women in this life is to take care of their children!

only four countries have no national law mandating paid time off for new parents: liberia, papua new guinea, swaziland, and the united states of america.

central european countries are the most dedicated countries in the world regarding parental leave.
in the czech republic, it is standard that mothers stay at home for 3 years with every child.
all mothers can decide to take 2, 3 or 4 years of maternity leave.
it is also possible for the fathers to take the leave instead of the mothers but it is not common.
for the whole period mothers are supported by the state.

also, in slovakia the standard duration of parental leave is 3 years
for a handicapped child it is up to 6 years.

in the united states of america a mother would be lucky if she could take up to 12 weeks UNPAID leave of absence! what a greedy and inhumane country this is...

i seen mothers return to their job duties the day after they give birth... and that makes me very sad

for their wounds from giving birth were not yet healed still bleeding and all...
i just get very sad when i think about all this...

and not to talk about the crappy health care here in the states!!

well that was my only RANT here on this thread!!
thank you for reading it.

peace.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join