It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official, RON PAUL wins the debate.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So anyone want to guess how many questions Ron gets next week? My guess, he goes from the four he got yesterday, down to two.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by D4Saken

I didn't watch it, and until I read this post, I was not aware he was even in it. Perry, Romney and that girl I do remember the news outlets posting pictures of and talking about.

edit on 8-9-2011 by GoldenVoyager because: spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
These polls aren't really an indicator for me but I like to see nice numbers when they're there, it doesn't really mean TONS but means a little for this particular event.

The bigger picture looks good for Ron but it is still shaky, Ron has a lot of room to move up and can easily do so but the people have to campaign for him, his campaign is mainly the grassroots and its just the action of turning the tide vote by vote.

Primaries are coming up and Paul is strong in Iowa and NH, if he can get a few wins and 2nd place positions in the beginning primary/caucuses, he has a STRONG chance of winning the GOP nod.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Fox news doesn't think announcing the winner is important.However yesterday they said the winner would win the presidency.These people are gonna fight him all the way to the whitehouse!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
100,500 votes for Ron so far. I love how no matter how many people vote in these polls, somebody always calls them meaningless. You wouldn't care if 100 million people voted for Paul in the poll, you'd still say it doesn't mean anything. People say the same no matter what MSM site the poll is from. Despite the fact that 95 percent of the population has access to internet and regularly surfs the web. This poll may not be a milestone but it certainly means something in this internet age we live in; and anyone who says otherwise isn't thinking straight.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am glad Ron Paul is being counted on the net . As the under dog how long do you think they will keep it down?
Pr: don't think of Ron Paul is going over the top. and if the people wake up, he is in and because of the values that the United States are supposed to be made of. Peace!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Ron Paul won't lose because of TPTB. He will lose because his views are outside of mainstream America. He's been in office for 30 years and has had plenty of time to get his message out. It simply is too radical for most of the voters.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silentkiss
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Ron Paul won't lose because of TPTB. He will lose because his views are outside of mainstream America. He's been in office for 30 years and has had plenty of time to get his message out. It simply is too radical for most of the voters.
That's right, Ron Paul hasn't changed, the voters perception of what liberty is has changed thanks to MSM and TPTB.
Ron Paul was right, is right and will be remembered in history books as the one that was right but no one listened to.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Well you are correct. The people think differently than Ron Paul does as his poll numbers represent. You may believe Ron Paul has the answers but it is not what the general populace believes as a whole.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I am a Ron Paul supporter, but even I can see that that poll is completely meaningless.

There were like 15 threads on GLP earlier telling everyone to go vote. That site alone probably accounted for thousands of the votes. lol

First, it's not meaningless, it is on MSNBC's own website. It is further exposure for the Ron Paul name.

Second, it was the MSM that declared this war by not covering Ron, why should we not fire back using all the ammo we have?

Third, Romney or Perry supporters could do the same thing, if they were vehement enough about their candidate, but they do not. That says something.

Fourth, Poll/Election pretty much the same thing isn't it? Why do voters who will be voting for Ron Paul not count when the polling happens? Maybe Ron Paul supporters all have secret software from Anonymous which allows us to vote hundreds of times with one click. Is that it? Well, where is my copy of said software?

And you do know that msnbc.com is a left/liberal website, don't you? Of course a bunch of liberals and progressives are going to choose Ron Paul over the rest of those Republicans.

Liberals and progressives are naturally going to pick the most conservative - not neo conservative - person in the debate? How does that work? Unless the liberals and progressives are so worried they have decided we are too broke to spend money on wars anymore. Could that be? Doesn't seem like a problem at all, sounds more like success to me.

The Republicans who will actually be choosing their candidate are brainwashed idiots that will most likely select someone like Romney or Perry... mainly because the media tells them to...

You are correct sir. However you are worrying us about one bridge we have to cross, when there are literally hundreds to think about. Are you suggesting that we sit down in the sand and cry about it, or keep trying? I am giving you credit for being a supporter as you said, though from the way you sound I have serious doubts myself.

I think most of us here realize there is a good chance Ron will not get the GOP nomination. However, while we are flying under the Republican banner (I feel so dirty!) we need to make the most of it. If and when it ends we need to have used it to our full advantage.

I do think you have the hierarchy wrong here though. Politicians and the Media do not tell each other what to do, their bosses tell them both what to do, and that is why we need Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Jon Huntsman got 4th, beating Bachmann, Newt, Cain, and Santorum. I think Ron Paul should just skip over Rick Perry, he's already defeated, and next time around concentrate on just one good remark which gives voters a reason why Ron Paul is better than Jon Huntsman. This doesn't have to be a huge thing, just one remark. A lot of people don't even know who Huntsman is or what his policies are, so a newbie has more of a chance against a globalist whom everyone already knows and hates.

Just some things on Huntsman:

Huntsman served as Deputy United States Trade Representative under George W. Bush, launching global trade negotiations in Doha, Qatar in 2001 and guiding the accession of China and Taiwan into the World Trade Organization.

en.wikipedia.org...

So he's a supporter of the WTO, that shouldn't be too hard for Ron Paul to handle.

edit on 8-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

The Ron Paul spam team was out in force last night, just like they are in every online poll.

And the Trolls are out today, just like they are every day after. Pictures or it didn't happen. Proof?

I have been asking "you guys" all day and haven't got an answer yet. How does this "spamming" occur? I mean, how is it accomplished? If Rick Perry had won the poll would you say that the Perry spam team was out in force?

And how do I join this spam team? Has Anonymous distributed software that allows you to do this "spamming"? Because I didn't get my copy. C'mon, tell me how it's done, please, please. Those of us who support Ron Paul are dying to know.

Sour Grapes more like...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silentkiss
reply to post by Thunderheart

Well you are correct. The people think differently than Ron Paul does as his poll numbers represent. You may believe Ron Paul has the answers but it is not what the general populace believes as a whole.

What poll numbers are you talking about?
He won this poll by far.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
he's an innerweb star

nothing new there

the next time I hear somebody mention his name in the real world will be the first time

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he's an innerweb star

nothing new there

the next time I hear somebody mention his name in the real world will be the first time

Im sorry you live such a sheltered life.
He wins the majority of the poles and yes people in real life talk about him.
Its a simple choice between right and wrong.
If you cant stand up for what is right then you will always be a lost soul.
You wont be able to blame anybody because you were deceived.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Any national poll has Ron Paul well behind the others.

Those are the ones you need to pay attention too if your looking at polls.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he's an innerweb star

nothing new there

Maybe you should be the person to mention his name in the real world. The subject came up with my friends once and I found out they were Paul supporters, I didn't even know! So rather than complaining maybe you can be the one to throw his name out there for the first time.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Silentkiss

What makes them more reliable?
An online poll can be verified easily.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

They take a number of seperate polls into account and average them out giving a more accurate reading than just one from a selected area or after one particular event.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Silentkiss

What makes them more reliable?
An online poll can be verified easily.

are they all registered american voters?

i see a lot of support here on ats by other nationals and some that probably are not old enough to vote.

so an online poll doesn't carry a lot of weight, imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join