It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travolta For President?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Me too!! It's amazing to me that their so called "religion" is given any validity whatsoever considering their true beliefs. Leads me to think that most people don't fully get the picture but with all I've read about their tactics, I'll let everyone learn for themselves...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I saw them actually hawking on the streets of Munich a while ago. Considering they are meant to be "clear" to preach, they sure do get irritated when your logical discussion confounds their belief system.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Irritated is putting it mildly. Those people scare me...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

If you are interested, there is a film, I think it is available on You Tube, called "The Bridge". It is a bit of an eye opener.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I'll check it out but that name sounds familiar and I think it might be the first indepth documentary I saw that clued me into what they were all about; it completely blew my mind. Thanks and I'll take a look!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The pleasure is all mine.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Hollywood Celebrities did make a good president in the past (Ronald Reagan).

One thing that they're good at is being comfortable in front of a Camera and Lights and speak publicly without a teleprompter
Majority of the policy work will be done for the person by the advisory team and appointees. So I dont see why not a Hollywood Celebrity for POTUS but just not John Travolta. Kelly Preston is too damn good looking to waste away years on the Presidency

edit on 8-9-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I never liked Travolta,for a reason i find him a bit creepy.I believe that Tim Robins or Sean Penn would make good presidents.
If you Americans get to pick a president out of Hollywood,please choose Chris Carter(xfiles),at least he will be sympathetic with the Conspirasy theorists and maybe he will disclose a little something.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hell, Make Nicholas Cage VP, get them elected, and we'd pretty much be assured not to have to worry about either of them making a crappy movie for at least 4 years.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Hey, people voted for Bush ... two times ... so I think even a rock stands a real chance backed up by the right people.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Surprised the R or D parties didn't think of this long ago. In spite of his limited range acting ability and ever-present New Yawk accent, Mr.Travolta has been in many movies that well led the American sheep who sought to pattern themselves after the next big thing.

1. Travolta's character of Vinnie Barbarino in TV's 'Welcome Back, Kotter', while lacking in brilliance was the most often mimicked cast member. WB,K pretty well shot JT into the public eye and he's been there ever since.

2. Saturday Night Fever (1977) As Tony Manero the Englewood, NJ born actor made disco dancing a national past-time, complete with bad wind-tunnel tested hairdo's and a lust for tacky polyester garb from coast to coast. This was the 1st time Travolta set a major pace in the USA.

3. Urban Cowboy (1980) In the role of Bud, Travolta unleashed the Line Dancing beast upon our country. Disco and polyester vanished, replaced by cowboy boots, hats and a rigid white-friendly dance style. Travolta sets the pace for the 2nd time.

4. Staying Alive (1983) Tony's back and he's Broadway-bound. He's so dreamy! Sorry, no points for re-hash.

5. Pulp Fiction (1994) returned expat junkie hoodlum Vincent Vega dresses and dances, but this time it's the incredible lines that become beloved and repeated ad nauseum. Travolta 3, Me 0.

And while Mr.Travolta wasn't changing the world he still got mad amounts of work. Travolta for President? Hopefully after Reagan people will be wiser.

If you really want an well spoken intelligent Hollywood type, I'd vote for Jimmie Walker (Good Times, J.J. Evans, 1974-1979, "Dy-no-mite!"). Had the pleasure of catching Mr. Walker on an interview broadcast last year. One of the smartest people I've seen on TV in quite some time.

sincere thanks to IMDb website for info used in this post.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elentarri
I think Patrick Steward would make a better president.

At least he has some ethics and follows the principles of common sense!!

If Patrick Steward is made president, I'm moving to the US!! lol

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Oh look, The President disembarking Air Force One and kissing the First Lady...LOL

blogs.theage.com.au...

...sorry...couldn't resist...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I want Travolta as Lord Xenu then a last we'll have Leverage!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

I saw them actually hawking on the streets of Munich a while ago. Considering they are meant to be "clear" to preach, they sure do get irritated when your logical discussion confounds their belief system.

I actually believed their "stress test" thing on the street years ago before Scientology was first talked about in the mainstream (I'd never heard of it before, never actively looked beyond sites that don't interest me and still don't venture outside the norm).

I was ok until I got out of the elevator with her and realised that not only was their reception area facing the only exit, so was a huge security guard, no stairs going back down that I could see. Taken into a main room with a huge desk separated into separate booths, two people in each, one a Scientologist, the other someone they plucked from the street.

Did the test, was told it was unusually high and such, given spiel about how to lower that stress and then given a form to fill in to go on a course. Fake name, address, phone number written down on that and she went to grab a book which I then had to buy for £5 just so I could leave, otherwise I don't think I'd have been allowed out.

Months later I heard about the "religion" and found out what they do and couldn't believe I was so stupid and gullible for perhaps the only time in my life to believe them enough to go into their realm.

Avoided that area of the city for years after that just in case they were still hawking their faux-religion.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Hey, I quote Pulp Fiction almost as much as I quote Commando, Robocop and Anchorman. Those are awesome lines, funny and intelligent film.

I liked Travolta in Face/Off, The Punisher and From Paris With Love, those are cool movies too.

I also thought Reagan was a pretty good President too although I was a child of the 80s so....

Then again, I thought Clinton was a weak and cowardly President and that George W Bush was awesome, probably wasn't to the Americans here but damn, I thought Dubya was hilarious and probably way more intelligent than people give him credit for.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

JJ wow thats a brilliant counter to the John Travolta for President lobby.

That was a great show, remember it fondly

Other members have said JT is creepy or is dangerous due to his scientology beliefs, but he has done some good works, unlike many so called Born again Christians and so called pious Jews , and Muslims.

I can see him flying a big bomber fortress, but off loading humanitarian aid instead of explosives, whils JJ ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join