It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arrival of The Mothership

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Greetings fellow ATS'ers (and all you 'guest' lurkers, the latest ATS poll has put you on the radar!)

I am trying to determine when the first Flying Saucer 'Mothership' arrived here and was seen and reported.

A Mothership would be defined as being rather large in comparison to several smaller discs around it.

What follows are the earliest ones I know of. If you know of any others it would be most appreciated.

May 5 1947 - Tucson, Arizona

Mrs. H.G. Olavick witnessed ten flying discs make some curious aerial maneuvers near Tucson.

One of those objects appeared larger than the other nine discs, perhaps as big as 100 feet in diameter. Viewed with her husband, they both agreed at the time that the discs must be some sort of new high performance military aircraft.

As they watched, the nine smaller craft began "playing around the cloud" in violent aerial maneuvers for about seven minutes as if making mock dogfights. Finally regrouping in a V formation behind the larger craft, they flew off with tremendous acceleration toward the northeast.

(source: Dr. James McDonald)

June 30 1947 - Norwood, Ohio - Night EST

CINCINNATI TIMES-STAR (Ohio) 7/7

Mrs. H. W. Stockwell reported that she saw a group of seven disc-like objects in the sky over Norwood.

One of the discs was much larger than the rest and she estimated its size to be at least "a mile in diameter."

She did not mention the sighting until a week later because she said she felt "a little silly about it. Now I think that if they are dangerous, everybody should know about them."

July 6 1947 - Palmdale, California - 10:36 p.m. PST

SOUTH ANTELOPE VALLEY PRESS (California) 7/10
LOS ANGELES NEWS 7/7
LOS ANGELES TIMES 7/7
LOS ANGELES EXAMINER 7/8
LOS ANGELES HERALD-EXPRESS 7/7
DENVER POST (INS, Lancaster) 7/7
CHICAGO HERALD-AMERICAN (INS, Lancaster) 7/7
DETROIT NEWS (UP) 7/7
MONTREAL STAR (UP) 7/7

Mrs. Amy Herdliska, reported that she had seen a group of objects twice during the late evening behaving in a most peculiar manner.

She reported to Sgt. W. K. Campbell, of the Lancaster County sheriff's substation that "over the mountains south of Palmdale, I saw what looked like a mama disc, with three to five little baby discs flying around her.

"The little ones would cavort around for awhile, then they'd fly back and seem to fly into the mama disc's pouch. Anyway, the mama disc absorbed the baby discs," she explained.

Mrs. Herdliska said that the objects "were luminescent and clearly visible," and before they had disappeared to the south over the mountains, they were seen "separating" again.

She reported that a second flight of the same puzzling objects was made again at 11:17 p.m.

July 7 1947 - Tacoma, Washington - 2:30 a.m. PST

TACOMA NEWS-TRIBUNE (Washington) 7/7
SEATTLE TIMES (Washington) 7/7
SPOKANE DAILY CHRONICLE (AP, Tacoma) (Washington) 7/7
OREGON JOURNAL (AP, Tacoma) (Portland) 7/7
TACOMA TIMES (Washington) 7/7 - Tacoma Police Sight Soaring Discs
OREGON JOURNAL (Portland) 7/7 - Tacoma Cops Spy Discs Around 'Mother'

Two Tacoma prowl car officers Evan Davies and Stan Johnson were parked at North 33rd and Adams Streets with their headlights and motor turned off. Davies' attention was caught by a "streak" in the sky; looking more closely, he saw a strange spectacle.

"I didn't say anything," he reported later. "Then I noticed Stan was watching it too."

"Do you see anything?" Johnson asked.

"Yeah, do you?" Davies answered cautiously.

"I thought I was crazy," Johnson remarked with relief. "I've been watching it for five minutes."

"So have I," his partner admitted.

The cause for this guarded exchange was the sight of a group of six or seven disc-like objects seen just below a bright moon in the southern sky.

One central object, larger than the others, seemed to act as a sort of "flagship." The smaller objects would make repeated movements toward the large disc and then glide away to the south.

The officers said the larger disc appeared to be "spinning like a top, and throwing off sparks like a bursting sky rocket," and then attracting the tiny objects back "like a mother hen with her chicks."

The officers estimated that the objects were at an altitude of about 10,000 feet. The smaller "and more distinct objects" began to move westward in a loose group, and vanished from view, while the large disc remained for a brief time in one spot, and then it too began to move westward.

The men decided to give chase, and Davies radioed the police dispatcher, D. F. Erickson,
"Car No. 5, Johnson and Davies to KGZN. We're chasing a flying saucer towards the Narrows Bridge site."

As they sped westward, the officers radioed their course and a running description of the phenomenon. Johnson said that although it was impossible to judge altitude, size, speed or distance accurately, the large disc appeared to move at tremendous speed and was the apparent "size of a softball." (ed: at arm's length)

One of the smaller discs was seen flying over South Tacoma; later, another was seen to the west, over Hood Canal; a third, which flew out of sight in less than a minute, appeared over Commencement Bay.

At one point, the large object made a rapid ascent of an estimated 5,000 feet above its former altitude at extremely high speed, "quicker than you could snap your fingers,"
according to Davies.

He said that the parent disc "seemed a shade of red part of the time, particularly when it zoomed upward, but most of the time it was a sort of luminous silver."
Johnson vividly recalled the way the objects jumped over considerable distances.

The officers finally lost sight of the object over the western horizon. In all, they had observed the phenomenon for a half an hour.

At the police station, officers said an unnamed caller from South Tacoma had phoned in exactly at the same time to report seeing the same spectacle, and M. C. Streans, reported he had watched the same phenomenon sometime after 2:00 a.m.

Davies said that the most striking feature of the entire sighting was the way the objects would suddenly jump from one location to another spot "miles away."

At one point they had shot up suddenly through a substantial vertical distance. Both Davies and Johnson agreed that these objects could not have been any conventional aircraft.

There was another patrol car which had been alerted and the officers in that car had also seen the objects.

edit on 8-9-2011 by A51Watcher because: the usual

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
-continued-

July 7 1947 - Cicero, Illinois - Day

CHICAGO TIMES 7/8

Richard Allen, saw a formation consisting of one large disc, about the size of a blimp and silver in color, with three or four smaller discs following it in a straight line.

July 7 1947 - Manchester, Maine - 9:30 p.m. EDT

A report of an "illuminated galaxy of flying discs" seen by three members of a family during the evening was made.

The objects were seen first by Charles Crockett, 15, as he was walking toward his home on the highway between Manchester Four Corners and the Augusta Country Club.

The cluster of luminous objects was seen to the west, over the north end of Lake Cobbosseecontee. They were still there when he arrived home a few minutes later, so he summoned his mother, Mrs. Doris Crockett, and his grandmother, Mrs. Abbie Hallowell, who confirmed his observation.

Charles described what he saw as "about eight or ten smaller discs revolving around a big disc-shaped spot of
light
." The objects remained in view for fifteen minutes before they faded out of sight.

EOF

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Heres some news ,Not all aliens head straight for the U.S and not all sightings have been reported .
What you are seeking is impossible

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

What happened to the fathership? Is he just a dead beat dad because i never hear about him

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
ROFL ^^^^^^^

You know, can't you people at least get the modern mother ship sightings???

1947??? Is anyone still alive from that year?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
hpw far back do you want to go? Medieval paintings that allegedly had a big muv-va ship in the sky?

www.2012.com.au...

- not that I stand convinced of their existence

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
You've opened yourself to sightings by fans of the Galactic Federation. You'll get reports and video of "mother ships de-cloaking ". That's great, if you like pics of clouds

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Not sure about any mothership but just be warned that people get banned for posting about the GFL and it's mothership, been tempted many times although apparently it is a big no no. There were a lot of interesting sightings around the time you mention, lots of radar tests also (wink wink)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have been waiting a loong time for my 'Mother Ship' to come in. Hope it shows up soon before I drown!!

Really though, what you are asking would be hard to pinpoint, based on the different records through the years.

There are reports during the Black Plague, where a large, cylindrical flying object was seen dispensing mists into the air just day or hours before the out break of the plague in different cities. There were also reports of strangely dresses people seen on the outskirts of these towns, just before the plague hit them hard.

I have a thread here somewhere that dates some of the earliest recorded information about UFO/aliens to 450,000 years ago... or maybe it was 45,000 years ago, either way, it was a long time ago... I will look for it and link it here for you.

Edit to add the link:

My E.T. Timeline Thread

The following link has basically the same material as in the initial post of my thread, but lacks some of the information that was later added into my thread. The link below does have some decent pictures as well. It is in pdf format:

E.T./UFO Reports in History
edit on 8-9-2011 by esteay812 because: to add links

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

How old are you? My Mother, Father and Grandparents were all born before 1947 and their all still alive. Not to mention Aunts and Uncles?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Well in my opinion the mothership,unless it had some cloacking device,wouldn't risk enter Earth's atmosphere.If it's here it's propably hiding somewhere in the near space.

What it was reported as a "bigger light" could be a carrier and not the actual mothership.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

How old are you? My Mother, Father and Grandparents were all born before 1947 and their all still alive. Not to mention Aunts and Uncles?

Not polite to ask a woman her age.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

Well in my opinion the mothership,unless it had some cloacking device,wouldn't risk enter Earth's atmosphere.If it's here it's propably hiding somewhere in the near space.

What it was reported as a "bigger light" could be a carrier and not the actual mothership.

and they say the moon is a space-ship

is that big enough for ya?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

My apologies. I forget my manners... It just sounded like a comment my Niece would come out with, shes 18.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Yeah, I wish.
Definitely would of never gotten married. Sometimes, I forget how old I am.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

There's a few threads about Mars moon Phobos being a space ship. That's rather large.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

The skies surrounding Earth and our local section of the solar system have a lot of eyes on them. I doubt that a mothership could stay hidden for long, without some sort of cloaking technology.

It may be much more likely that such a ship, if capable, would simply tuck itself into one of our oceans and operate from there as needed.
edit on 8-9-2011 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Grifter81

Yeah, I wish.
Definitely would of never gotten married. Sometimes, I forget how old I am.

I know how that feels, the age part anyways. Dunno what I'd do without the Wife though?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by Phantom traveller

The skies surrounding Earth and our local section of the solar system have a lot of eyes on them. I doubt that a mothership could stay hidden for long, without some sort of cloaking technology.

It may be much more likely that such a ship, if capable, would simply tuck itself into one of our oceans and operate from there as needed.
edit on 8-9-2011 by esteay812 because: tyops

Hmm wasn't there something about that not to long ago off the coast California? Read that 1 big ship left the ocean and smaller ones followed it. Can't remember where I saw that. But they had a picture somewhere around on the internet talking about that.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
reply to post by Highlander64

There's a few threads about Mars moon Phobos being a space ship. That's rather large.

thanks

then theres iapetus and one other moon around saturn (titan I think it was)

you could end up thinking all moons are space ships...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join