It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC, it's almost time to use 9/11 for re-election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

NEW YORK -- The invasion of the Big Apple is coming, and its residents could not be less delighted. From next weekend, about 50,000 delegates and their guests will pour into town for the Republican Party Convention. They may be joined by up to a million political protesters, some very noisome.

news.independent.co.uk...

This is going to be appalling(sp) if true. He should be fired for using this tactic. No lost life either WTC or a soldier from the war should be used in the upcomming election. I find it extremely distastfull.

Any New Yorkers out there need to take plenty of pictures of the event. Let's document this convention. Use your camera phones, digital camera's, 35mm whatever. We need to document. We can post on this thread or post in the camera phone thread or start a new thread, whatever just need to document.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by jmilici]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Personally, I found it distasteful that the attacks on the U.S. of Sept. 11, 2001, were scarcely mentioned (if at all) at the DNC. As if it never happened, or meant nothing to those running for public office... It probably worked out that way because the DNC was thinking like you are -- which I can understand, no one wants the tragedy of that day, or the 3000+ lives lost, to be used as cheap political fodder -- but to me, not even acknowledging that the event even happened is no better...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I do agree with you. I have no problem with acknowledging that the attacks occured, maybe even dedicating something to them. I am just against what you called "cheap pollitical fodder" aspect of it all. Those people did not die to progress a politicians carreer.

Also I still would like to know if there are going to be any New Yorkers that would be able to take pics of the convention. I would of like to see more of the DNC but not too many people took any.

join