It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Front Page Sexism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'll start by saying i'm not really sure if this is the right section, I couldn't really find one for it. Though it is in a way related to a good post I read just by someone else on a related subject, so thought I would put it in this area with it.

First I will post the link to the story on the newspapers website. It's not a newspaper I read but I happened to glance yesterday at it's front page and saw the following article.

Red Or Black Winner

Now you might read this story and agree, which is all well and good. Until you get to a certain point, which I notice is worded differently on the website than it was on the front page - probably for sales purposes.

"Hageman claimed he had attacked a man, but in fact it was Amy who he assaulted. She was left with some very nasty injuries. He is not some brickie with a bit of a violent past. He is a woman-beater.

Now this is worded, badly, though not as badly as it was in the paper. In the paper it was along the lines (I don't have it to hand) of "We thought it was a man he attacked....."

To debate if he should get the money he won is one thing, but what does strike me is that why would it make a difference if he beat up a woman or a man?

What does ATS think? Is this the right way to be, or the wrong way, or the right way but at odds still with what is being told. Do these sort of ideals, compared to what is taught to us, confusing people, or making people have a dual-mindedness. By this I mean one way to feel and another way to act, which would make people feel dishonest everytime they say what they 'think' or 'feel' when they know they do so very differently.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

meh - he assaulted her , he served a custodial sentence - end off

what irks me is the idiots jumping up and down demanding his game show winnings should be confisicated

that is simply petty vindictivness ,

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

what irks me is the idiots jumping up and down demanding his game show winnings should be confisicated

I do agree, he is obviously a very bad person from my view, but he has to pay the price for that crime and this game show is not connected at all to this.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

The sad thing is if it was a female contestant who was found to have murdered her ex the same people would be coming up with excuses or cheering her on.

top topics

join