It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry Physically Reprimands Ron Paul During Debate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Captions would read: "Paul you know the plan, they told me I am the next president, stick to the plan!"

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Taking life is talking life no matter what side of the aisle you are on, Astro has a point. If you are against taking life, then their really can't be an excepting based purely on convenience

Being Pro-Choice, does not mean being Pro-abortion, or Anti-Life.

Ron Paul is Pro-Life, as am I in 90% of cases, but I don't believe the Federal Government needs to legislate it. Therefore, despite my personal beliefs, in the political sense I am still Pro-Choice.

Also, I am pro-death penalty. These are not innocent babies, these are convicted criminals. The only problem I have with the death penalty is that we authorize a third party to carry out the execution, and thereby sanction an additional murder. I think it should be up to the families of the victims to carry out the execution. If they want to do it, they flip the switch, not some uninvolved 3rd party. If the family declines that right, then the perpetrator gets life in prison. So, I'm all for the death penalty, I'm just not for an uninvolved party carrying it out.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
What is up with these Texas politicians and their bully attitudes? We really do not need LBJ reincarnate.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/709859e5c1d0.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b71e4441578.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/546c64598c9c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Nobody forces a women to get pregnant or to have sex or unsafe sex. Now you talk about the rights of women I agree their important but what about the right life? Don't those children have that right? Why should a womens right trump the babies?

Again nobody forces a women to get pregnant, so why should her irresponsibility give her the green light to murder someone? Now, I put all the blame and such, you have rape cases which only account for 1% of abortions anyways and thats a more tricky issue. But I always blame the school system for not teach contraceptives and propagated a totally disinfo campaign. When I took sex ed in school about 5 years ago, they teach told us that condoms cause STDs.

We need to start with is fixing the abstinent only program first then move on to abortions. It all doesn't matter because the good Doctor wants the hand the issue off to states and end the federally funding of abortion clinics. I don't want to see my tax money funding anything like that, I rather it go to adoption services. So he's not going to end abortion so you can stop worrying about a womens right to murder mkay?

BTW don't try to play me off as Christian I'm not religious in the slightest, my concerns about the rights of the unborn. I believe we are all allowed our liberties as long as you don't harm another human being. Which abortion does.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by The_Phantom
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Taking life is talking life no matter what side of the aisle you are on, Astro has a point. If you are against taking life, then their really can't be an excepting based purely on convenience

Being Pro-Choice, does not mean being Pro-abortion, or Anti-Life.

Ron Paul is Pro-Life, as am I in 90% of cases, but I don't believe the Federal Government needs to legislate it. Therefore, despite my personal beliefs, in the political sense I am still Pro-Choice.

Also, I am pro-death penalty. These are not innocent babies, these are convicted criminals. The only problem I have with the death penalty is that we authorize a third party to carry out the execution, and thereby sanction an additional murder. I think it should be up to the families of the victims to carry out the execution. If they want to do it, they flip the switch, not some uninvolved 3rd party. If the family declines that right, then the perpetrator gets life in prison. So, I'm all for the death penalty, I'm just not for an uninvolved party carrying it out.

And your morals allow for the taking of life in multiple situations, I don't see how somebody can be against the taking a life in all cases but one, and that one case being based around convenience. I don't believe the federal government should enforce laws such as that on people either. That doesn't mean I don't believe that their shouldn't be other types of enforcement against it. I don't believe that taking a life can be a choice, but I also don't believe law is the answer. I think that social acceptance is the most powerful law. To me taking an innocent life is not acceptable, but that doesn't mean that I think Congress should right a bill about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
reply to post by The Sword

Nobody forces a women to get pregnant or to have sex or unsafe sex.

I know this is way off topic but can we get a basic high school biology test in here for some people.
Please go look up rape.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Perry was just asking for a broken nose. Perry acting like a thug. Not a big surprise when you know who he runs around with.

You know what thugs don't like? Honest people standing up to them.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I really like Ron Paul I will vote for him, but I think he could have done better in the debates. Its not 100% his fault he was blackballed but I think he made the mistake of trying get all of his opinions out at once during that one bit. However his closing statement was really his defining moment. After they tried pulling that hunger children crap they were trying to pin on him.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sevensight

I mentioned rape, you can go back and read my post.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

I totally agree that abortion is much more than a "convenience" or a "personal choice." I am 100% against abortion for convenience or birth control, but I have to admit there are cases where it should be considered by the mother, and the doctor, and perhaps some other support people either family or therapist or whatever. There are extreme cases of incestual abuse, or cases where the baby is going to be severely mal-developed, or cases where the mother's life might be in danger. Even cases of rape where the pregnancy is caught early.

I'm with you, I don't see how the strict liberal agenda of Pro-Choice / Anti-Death Penalty makes any sense whatsoever.

Ron Paul wants to let each state decide for themselves, and in Texas, it is likely that the State may decide to be Pro-Life and Pro-Death Penalty. That is still an odd philosophy, but as long as the people get the final say, instead of some politician, then I support it.

Ron Paul stands for far less Federal Legislative Power, and far more State and Local power, which means the people's voices stand to be heard and recognized more effectively.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This event reminds me of Al Gore trying to intimidate Goerge Bush in the 2000 debates.

edit on 9/8/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yes, even though we may have some difference of opinion, overall we are on the same page. I would much rather let the states decide and live my life in the way I think is right instead of imposing my views on someone else. I'll use my arguments to let my opinion be known, even if it is an unpopular opinion. That's one of the biggest things that I like about Ron Paul, he has opinions but he also understands that other people do as well, and in this country everyone is suppose to have a voice.
edit on 8-9-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I wouldn't underestimate Ron Paul's ability to throw down.

For starters, he didn't back down or backup even 1 inch when Perry tried to intimidate him. I also recall the scene in Bruno when Paul got fed up with the comedian's antics. I thought he was about to send him a right hook.

When someone has been in politics, especially Texas politics as long as Perry has been he should have complete and total control over his temper. Since the exchange between them doesn't explain the reaction (way out of proportion) it's clear to me that Perry is afraid of Paul in a much broader sense.

The bought and paid for Right wing is scared to death of people like Ron Paul. They stand to see their entire agenda derailed if enough candidates like Paul begin running for office. He's kryptonite for the elites and they react like rapid monkeys to even the slightest challenge from him.

God, I wish Paul would just take the gloves off and go all out. It would be dangerous, yes but he really could ignite a bloodless revolution in this country. If he's not willing to do it then more of us NEED to run for office, any local, state or federal office we can and if need be, start a new party to do so.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If Ron were like Andrew Jackson and Perry grabbed his arm like that he would have blown a whole in his chest after beating him down.. Jackson was a nut case fighting man.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Is there any actual confirmation that he was physically reprimanding him? It could just be a picture taken out of context.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I wish Ron would have done a Judo throw on him and exposed his weak game.
edit on 8-9-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
man c'mon you don't grab someones hand or point at them like that unless you mean business about something and Perry looks like he meant business. He was off balance the rest of the debate reaching and turning around every question the hosts asked them and they never batted an eye.

This is a scam.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Its as if Perry is saying, "I put a lot of time and money in this and you're not gonna go spoiling it for me and my friends by speaking logic and making sense to those that love freedom - Its my time to be king damn it!".

Perry is a tool plain and simple. No chance whatsoever of becoming POTUS
edit on 8-9-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Perry is a tool plain and simple. No chance whatsoever of becoming POTUS

If only that were true. Sadly, he has a VERY GOOD chance of becoming POTUS, and we will all pay for it. He should never have had any chance of becoming Governor, or winning re-election as Governor after reversing his campaign promises, but he did.

I hope he does NOT get elected, but he MSM and the GOP are doing their best to make him the guy.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old77
If Ron were like Andrew Jackson and Perry grabbed his arm like that he would have blown a whole in his chest after beating him down.. Jackson was a nut case fighting man.

Andrew Jackson did several duels when he was president did he not?

Thugs like Perry, Obama and the like would run like little girls if they were challenged to a duel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join