It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry Physically Reprimands Ron Paul During Debate

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Rick Perry has a history of verbal assaults and bullying behavior. Dr. Paul does not want to be dragged down into the muck, he would rather discuss the real issues. It's not a conspiracy on his part, nor do I think Perry threatened him, he was probably just being rude and assertive and Dr. Paul doesn't want to go down to that level. If the mic wasn't on, there would be no proof of what was said, besides he said/he said.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Of course not. He just doesn't want his campaign that is picking up steam to be bogged down by dumb stuff like gossip. Plus if he says what Rick Perry told him then he basically goes on the record and makes himself a mouthpiece for something Rick Perry may want out there, but not said by himself.

Imagine if Ron had said "Rick said what I said about him wasn't true" then even if it was true you would have a sound bite of Paul saying that for the MSM to play for eternity. It would be mundane, but the news can twist anything.

Paul did the right thing here and you guys need to reign in your paranoia. "He deflected and didn't tell us what was said, instead of it being any of a million more likely reasons, I'm afraid we saw snapshots of the exact moments tptb got to him, onstage, instead of anywhere and anytime else!" See what I mean about that paranoia?
edit on 9-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I kind of feel like Ron Paul should use this to his advantage, but once again he shows he is more gentleman than man. He must have thick skin to be called idiot and nutter and still remain in politics for 30 years. It probably didn't phase him enough to let it bother him. Otherwise I don't think he would have been joking as much as he did. And if Perry did try to intimidate him, Paul's response was: "There was a picture of me with, I think the governor of Texas or something." In other words Paul is saying: "you aren't even important enough for me to remember who you are, even though your governor of my own state!"

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Yeah.. he was definitely ripping on Perry with that remark. That's more than enough of an answer for me that he can't come out and say that Perry was being kind of a dick (because he doesnt want the MSM to run with that story), but he was. Maybe he needs to though. Maybe a Paul/Perry feud is what he needs. It would knock Romney out of the spotlight and force Perry to debate Paul.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
So did anyone get to the bottom of this?

It seems to me that this is a form of battery.. Perhaps Ron Paul should press charges?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

He's trying to win a Presidency.. so no, even if he could, he shouldn't do anything like that.
He has responded perfectly.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Evil makes money.

Hence why Perry will win. Humanity will lose.

Ron Paul can't counter evil. He doesn't have a base of supporters willing to protect him and get him in charge.

Perry's got money behind him. Threaten that and there will be death. Alllllllll those military supporters of Ron Paul back the heck up when faced with reality. They aren't willing to risk their lives to protect their messiah, Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

LOL. Dramatic much? Perry isn't Darth Vader. They control us through manipulation, and the internet has taken that away from them. Ron Paul's support is growing daily. The more they ignore him, the more he dominates the internet blogs and independent news sites, which is better because his ideas don't fit well into 60 seconds. They can manipulate small margins, but not landslides.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I do not think Ron Paul is afraid of anyone. He has some big chonies. He believes what he believes. Not much more to say.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Evil makes money.

Hence why Perry will win. Humanity will lose.

Ron Paul can't counter evil. He doesn't have a base of supporters willing to protect him and get him in charge.

Perry's got money behind him. Threaten that and there will be death. Alllllllll those military supporters of Ron Paul back the heck up when faced with reality. They aren't willing to risk their lives to protect their messiah, Ron Paul.

What, pray tell, are you babbling about?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I agree it really stinks.

Whatever was happening, was bad enough for John Huntsman, a former ambassador, to get in between them.

That disgusted look on Huntsman's face added even more to the story. Then Paul claiming he doesn't remember what was said just adds more fuel to the fire. We need to ask Huntsman if he remembers why he got in between them.

Something is not right at all.
edit on 9/9/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

My take on it is this, yes Perry became unrestrained and a little bit crazy but I don't think he ever meant any real harm to Paul, nobody is that stupid. He just seems like the hot tempered guy that can't let things go and has to get the last word.

Ron Paul on the other hand is running a campaign, he is always calm and composed thinking ahead and looking at the big picture. He knows he shouldn't be getting involved in messes like this and already won as soon as the picture hit the net, there is nothing more to be said or gained from this because any further instigation on Paul's part would get him torn apart in the media for NOT being the bigger man. He played his cards just right, the internet now has a negative image of Perry as a bully and a good image for Paul.

I think we should all now leave it alone and let it pass, hit Perry where it hurts (his liberal actions and failures) and just continue to support Paul in the passionate way that will help him win.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
Rick Perry's goon-like nature revealed in an instant. It's gonna take more than that Ricky. What a complete douche bag.

Looks like Rick Perry would be the type of guy to force vaccinations on people regardless of any health risks to the injected. Kind of frightening if you ask me. Where is the patience, temperance, kindness, compassion?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think that Ron Paul's opposition research team should be looking for some financial connection between Perry and this company that makes the Gardisil product.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Rick perry used to be a democrat and moved to the republican party. Is it not obvious, the elites infiltrate democrats and republicans to try and win elections in this single party system of two heads and two names? Rick Perry is deffinately working for special interests. he reminds me of another Bush and his mannerisms are almost the same as if trained by the same person in public speaking.. Not to mention Rick Perry voted for Al Gore the climate change swindler.. Wake teh F up people and vote for someone of sound character rather then party affiliation.
edit on 9-9-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Perry is definitely special interest, how the hell can we let this guy be president? There is proof his campaign manager took money from MERKE the company that made the HPV vaccinations that he forced teenage girls to take via executive order.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Sure, they're all sociopaths. Leave it up to a Republican audience to clap whenever the death penalty is mentioned.

It's just another dog-and-pony show and you've been fooled once again if you think anything is going to come out of this.

Ron Paul's views on abortion concern me only because government has no right to tell a woman what she can or cannot do with her body.

Those who strongly advocate something called FREEDOM should keep in mind that freedom is broad, freedom is free (don't listen to the soldiers who say otherwise) and freedom does not discriminate.

So your against the death penalty, and for abortion. We're hardly free now, how about our children, or theirs? Shall we pretend to be a tree? Free and flowing in the wind? Wake up.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i'm actually surprised to see this acknowledged by the MSM:

EASTON, Md, September 8, 2011 — We have all heard of strong-arm tactics, and during the commercial break at Wednesday night’s GOP Presidential debate at the Reagan Library, Texas Governor Rick Perry was observed doing just that to Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas).

Gov. Perry tried to intimidate Ron Paul
edit on 9-9-2011 by godWhisperer because: fix link

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ok, I admit, I am impressed by the way Ron Paul handled the situation. It says a lot about a man.

First time I read Paul's economic positions, I was not impressed, but recently I found an article on the Mises institute website on Locke, so maybe they are starting to see how some of their economic beliefs are a bit too close to communism and feudalism.

Wow this post sounds snobby.

Who do I think I am?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Ron Paul SEEMS like someone who would do that -- but he wouldn't be on that stage if he really were. The battles between Democrats and Republicans, and the phony opposition of Libertarians and Tea Party (who want MORE rights for corporations), are squabbles over who gets to move their clan into the house of the Cosa Nostra, and get the graft to sell out the American people.

Not to interject an explanation, but...

Ron Paul ran for President in...mmm...88... I believe as a libertarian. I remember that well, I liked his stance on foriegn policy and the UN then, and yes, his desire to end the war on drugs WAAAAAAAY back then. Unfortunately, in this defunct, corrupt system - you have to be tagged as an elephant or an ass - or you dont get to be heard in the debates, nevermind hold the big office.

Ron is trying to get the Republican nomination, only because "independent" didn't work so well last two times. This time, however, I believe that even if he does not get the elephant nomination, he is still able to continue as an independent without restriction due to his retirement from Congress. AND, I think he has the momentum built up to pull it off.

Its a really clever strategy, in all actuality.

But thats just my .02 cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join