It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry Physically Reprimands Ron Paul During Debate

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

the paulites are pretty touchy.

No, I think Rick Perry is the one being TOUCHY.

The finger is bad enough, but how he has his hand on Paul's wrist is the step too far. Wave your finger all you want but when you invade someone else's space that is what gets noticed. I doubt this was a nice gesture by the way, not a handshake type of touching.
edit on 8-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
RP should've reared back and knocked that fool out. Would've been the best debate ever

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by fooks

Eh.. I dont know about you, but I'm from Kentucky so I was raised around a lot of people that were polite (we still hold the door for strangers) and putting your finger in someone's face while holding their arm is not cool at all.

com on, you think they don't know each other very well?

first pic,

"look, you do NOT use garlic in this dish!"

second pic,

"how can you use shredded kraft parmesan in a bag over some fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano!!"

see? the pics could be of anything.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Venomilk

I am sure all of them have security and Ron Paul's man should have stepped forward at least with body language to let Perry know to take his hand off Paul.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

would have loved to see that

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wow...Ron Paul looks very weak and timid in those pictures.

I guess that is one more reason to not support Paul...he looks like a scared kitten when confronted.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I guess that is one more reason to not support Paul...he looks like a scared kitten when confronted.

He is 76 years old, what do you expect him to do???

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
just heard rand paul comment about the pics,

he said it was a friendly thing between them and not what people are saying.

he was on hannity, btw and seems like someone is watching this thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Sorry OutKast Searcher, this isn't some 2nd century Babylonia where men have to physically fight their way to be top dog. I bet you are one of those people (irrational?) that wouldn't vote for someone because of their hairstyle or lack thereof.

My candidate has to have the best body mass index and perfectly trimmed toenails if I'm going to vote for them!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Sorry OutKast Searcher, this isn't some 2nd century Babylonia where men have to physically fight their way to be top dog. I bet you are one of those people (irrational?) that wouldn't vote for someone because of their hairstyle or lack thereof.

My candidate has to have the best body mass index and perfectly trimmed toenails if I'm going to vote for them!

Did I say I expected him to fight???

No...but I don't expect him to cower when someone confronts him face to face.

Presidents need to be strong, not physically, but they need a strong presence...judging by this picture...Ron Paul doesn't have it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
By holding Pauls hands, doesn't this prove Perry is bisexual?
I would bet Perry is saying, I have a new strap-on horse harness just for you!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What, you've never seen him go up against an opponent in a debate? He's no pansy. He looks to me as though he is actually listening to Perry, the way someone that is actually absorbing information and discerning its meaning, or lack thereof.
edit on 8-9-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Did I say I expected him to fight???

No...but I don't expect him to cower when someone confronts him face to face.

Presidents need to be strong, not physically, but they need a strong presence...judging by this picture...Ron Paul doesn't have it.

I totally disagree with you, I believe Paul acted appropiate for the situation... He basically did nothing and made his competition (Gov Perry) look like a bully dickhead.......I applaud Ron Paul for taking appropiate measures when someone gets in your face in a public setting.....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
piece of puss filled souless excriment is playing ape for the masses , trying make him self out to be the alfa , grrrr this man is like the character from the Omen
edit on 8-9-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

What is Rick touching Ron Paul's hand for? This doesn't make him look good infront of the social conservatives! For goodness sakes Rick, keep yourself under control in public. We don't wanna have another larry craig incident now do we??

On a serious note, yep, Perry cannot control himself, just like his consistency as a politician. I don't like Ron Paul any more than Perry but I agree with some members in that Perry's body language indicates that he couldn't take the debate.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by The_Phantom
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Taking life is talking life no matter what side of the aisle you are on, Astro has a point. If you are against taking life, then their really can't be an excepting based purely on convenience

Being Pro-Choice, does not mean being Pro-abortion, or Anti-Life.

Ron Paul is Pro-Life, as am I in 90% of cases, but I don't believe the Federal Government needs to legislate it. Therefore, despite my personal beliefs, in the political sense I am still Pro-Choice.

Also, I am pro-death penalty. These are not innocent babies, these are convicted criminals. The only problem I have with the death penalty is that we authorize a third party to carry out the execution, and thereby sanction an additional murder. I think it should be up to the families of the victims to carry out the execution. If they want to do it, they flip the switch, not some uninvolved 3rd party. If the family declines that right, then the perpetrator gets life in prison. So, I'm all for the death penalty, I'm just not for an uninvolved party carrying it out.

This is the most brilliant view on the death penalty I have read as of yet. I absolutely agree.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Paul acted appropriately and looked presidential.Perry was acting like the frustrated jock he is.I guess being a cheerleader is still stuck in his crawl that he lashes out at anyone he perceives as "disrespecting."him.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Heres Ron Paul's reaction to the photo.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If Perry gets to be Prez I'd like to see him try that on Putin at their first summit.

I double-dog dare him...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67527ba31dcb.jpeg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join