It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why would ufo's use anti gravity technology to fly through space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Not a scientist but an educated guess is that gravity holds the universe together?? If there was no gravity in space I think we wouldn't be here.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
well, there would have to be manipulation of something....and it would have to be something that wasn't necessarily dependant on planetary location.....the only thing i know of gravity/non gravity in space is what i've heard on tv...the only reason that astronauts "float" in the space stations, i believe, is because it's constantly in a falling motion, falling towards earth just like a satellite...so, that doesn't prove that there is no gravity in space at all...but, what point does the gravitational pull transition from one planets gravity to another planet's gravity?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
well since were speculating about hypothetical anti-gravity propulsion of alien spacecraft maybe it works something like this:

they have a holographic projection of the universe on the "ships bridge". and with a flick of its tentacle they can select a distant astronomical body like we click on a html link right, its all computerized.

then the computer calculates whatever, and inputs the result to their magical gravity manipulation drive, which locks on to the gravity well of the destination, and then with a flourish of clicks and beeps takes the craft into a perfect geosynchronous orbit in an instant.

then it flies around making crop circles and sodomizing the natives, lol.
edit on 8-9-2011 by snarfbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
i thought there wasn't any gravity in space, do they also have jet propulsion? where do they get the gas? and what would be the effect on an anti gravity vehicle in a non gravity environment?

The aliens use a technology that is similar to the old "fan on a sailboat" method of transportation, except in space, it actually works. See, anti-gravity works by isolating mass within its own accelerative reference frame (dimension), separate from normal spacetime. But what this also allows you to do is create a "phantom mass" that does interact with normal spacetime if you want it to. It's essentially the equivalent of creating a hole for yourself to fall into. However, as you start to fall into the hole you've created, your motion within normal spacetime actually keeps moving the hole further away. The result is that you're continuously falling and accelerating toward a point you'll never reach. This pushes them up to speeds as near light as can be attained, and is used for short distance travel.

For long distances, across galaxies, for instance, they link their ships with their consciousnesses, and visualize (imagine) themselves in the place they want to be. The ship amplifies that thought to such a degree that it actually creates that scenario, and effectively "moves" them to anyplace in space and time they want to go.

How this works exactly is something we haven't quite figured out yet, since our mathematics has a obvious flaw in it that keeps us, our consciousness, out of the equation. After all, how can a reasonably accurate model of reality exist without us in it?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Not antigravity, stochastic electrodynamics (SED).

www.scientificexploration.org...
www.calphysics.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well perhaps they teleport through space. And please don't tell me teleportation is impossible or I will shut you up with uncountable arguments. Uninvented does not mean impossible.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My speculation is that there is much not need for antigravity in the far reaches of outer space, since it is almost Zero-G, unless your near the whereabouts of a black hole or caught in a tractor beam.

For the Starships crew ability to survive in space, they would have to have the ability to rotate or spin the saucer, to create gravity, for the sake of the health of the ships crew.

For the main propulsion unit of the flying saucer, would probably be light photon driven; with a black hole dust infused ceramic plate on the bottom of your flying saucer. A channel for the light photons from some distant star is allowed to be exposed to the black hole dust plate.

Instead of a stationary black hole, this black hole starship is a freebird, that sucks in the photon's and pulls the starship towards more of the lighted photons creating thrust.

Or... On the other hand, the black hole starship could absorb the photon's and eject the photon's, creating thrust; as noted in some x-ray photograph's of ejected lighted matter from black holes.

Antigrav use could be limited to- As in close proximity to other planetary object's, buy sending a current thru the black hole dust infused plate, causing positive or negative currents to the opposite, or same charged planetary object creating antigravity.

Cheers,

Erno86

edit on 8-9-2011 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In the realm of a planet where their is a scarcity of light photon's, due to an atmosphere, or darkness, the starship creates it own light photon's, as in fusion plasma, too power the starship.

edit on 8-9-2011 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The human body and the body of every living beings emit energy (prana, qi, universal life force, etc. - many names were given) so my theory is that they use this energy.

edit on 8-9-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have to say that I am a bit disappointed that not a single person here mentioned Bob Lazar's explanation of such things he claims to have learned when working at Area 51. I would have thought that people who frequent this site were more informed. If you really want to know the truth about UFOs my friend get out there and read and research!

www.gravitywarpdrive.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

Actually there's plenty of gravity in space it's just localized to larger bodies. The larger the body the more gravity it exerts, therefor if I were flying through space at light speed or greater I think it'd come in handy. Bare in mind the term anti gravity actually means an object that gravity cannot act on. So as far as gravity is concerned there's nothing to act on. Pretty handy for missing massive stars and black holes etc etc

Hope this helps

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
For a flying saucer - Navigating thru gravity fields, is just like playing with magnet's. Like poles repel, different poles attract. If you can manipulate the polarity or your saucer craft, or the force field surrounding the starship, you could possibly have an anti gravity flying craft.

My other speculation on propulsion guidance of a flying saucer, in relation to 90 degree turns, instant stops, etc etc of a starship.

The light photon portal, that channels or guides the photon's to the heart of the black hole infused ceramic plate at the center bottom of the saucer. If the black hole plate pulls the saucer craft, towards the light photon source; or if the photons are absorbed by the black hole plate and ejected from the starship from exhaust ports.

Either way, the photons are guided by mirrors inside the starship towards the black hole plate. The bottom or top portion of the saucer rotates the guidance vector unit or the attractor director, or the exhaust thrusters, to or from the direction that the saucer wants to go.

For example - The saucer is heading in one direction, so you rotate the disc 180 degrees, for an instant stop, or 90 degree rotation of the disc for instant right or left hand turns, etc etc.

The vertical or descent might use a different up or down light portal or exhaust port.

If the flying saucer has anti grav properties - No G forces are felt by the occupants.

Cheers,

Erno86

edit on 9-9-2011 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 9-9-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

i thought there wasn't any gravity in space, do they also have jet propulsion? where do they get the gas? and what would be the effect on an anti gravity vehicle in a non gravity environment?

The ship generates a force greater the gravity to move upward.
Nothing is against gravity. The ship is a force creator in the
vertical and horizontal directions as so stated by its inventor.

Indeed how much force can be generated against the thin mass of
outer space. Based on nature being composed of charged particles there
is a good chance such a force generating engine will fly in space.
We see foo balls in Earth orbit by space stations and were some in
space with the astronauts. So space and force are at our command
and so are many more inventions perhaps.

ED: The inventor was not so much interested in charge flow as to
find how they behave almost stationary. To pump them back and
forth and see negative charge being quicker that positive charge.
Moving through the fine matter then was easy.
Ed: Yes quickly grab hold of the negative matter and move on.
edit on 9/9/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

What the HELL are you talking about?!?

No gravity in space? Every aspect of our Universe and everything in it is governed by Gravity. Gravity is simply...an expresion of ONE DIMENSIONALITY....as it effects SPACE/TIME. Any object of mass will create gravity and even the smallest of mass....say a baseball....will effect EVERY SINGLE OBJECT AS WELL AS SPACE....IN OUR UNIVERSE. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

So you decided to start rambling about speculations on technology which may not exist, based on physics principles you do not understand at all. Thank you so much for starting a thread with that.

To answer your question, there is gravity in space. There is gravity everywhere. What do you think keeps the Earth orbiting the sun and keeps galaxies in spirals?

As for speculation on UFOs a.k.a. alien craft, saucers are used in planetary atmospheres and must have either anti-gravity or a force (known like electric/magnetic, or something else) which counteracts gravity. The result is the same. I doubt saucers are generally used as interstellar craft, any more than life rafts would be used to cross the Atlantic or bicycles to travel from New York to London. The interstellar craft may be the cigar-shaped ones, the spheres, or something we haven't even seen since it may have never approached Earth directly.

As to their propulsion in interstellar space, I do know that missing-time effects associated with alien craft sightings seem very plausibly to be related to relativity. Crafts which can control the normal effects of relativity and manipulate them at will would be able to simultaneously control gravity, space and time. Sounds like the perfect method of propulsion to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
For a flying saucer - Navigating thru gravity fields, is just like playing with magnet's. Like poles repel, different poles attract. If you can manipulate the polarity or your saucer craft, or the force field surrounding the starship, you could possibly have an anti gravity flying craft.

No it's not at all like magnetism.

Magnetic and electric fields exert forces on other changed particles only---gravity alters the geometry of space which affects everything, it is not an ordinary force. (viz gravitational lensing of uncharged photons)

Gravity is intimately tied into inertia, and all other known forces of nature are not.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Force is exerted on charged particles.
Space and solid matter are filled with charged particles.
We do not go through solid matter but we can move through charged space.
I say this has been discovered and the magnetic field is not the main driver.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join