It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why would ufo's use anti gravity technology to fly through space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
i thought there wasn't any gravity in space, do they also have jet propulsion? where do they get the gas? and what would be the effect on an anti gravity vehicle in a non gravity environment?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

Good point!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think if anything it would be gravity manipulation, not strictly anti-gravity.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Magnetism.

That's anti-gravity tech.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
i thought there wasn't any gravity in space, do they also have jet propulsion? where do they get the gas? and what would be the effect on an anti gravity vehicle in a non gravity environment?

A gravity engine would bend space and time - it wouldn't use the gravity from external objects.
And, therefor, a gravity engine is effective whether in space, air, water, and perhaps even solid material.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yes magnetism. Solid/liquid-fuel propulsion systems are so... well last millennium.

Magnetism is the unspoken truth to it all. Research the Philadelphia experiment. Research modern biochemistry or advanced material manufacturing. What was the "loadstone" and why was it so important to the original chemists?

The answers have been staring us all in the face for years.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
There is all kinds of gravity in space....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fed9cf7cac3.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 8-9-2011 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

This.

There are large things in space that give off gravity so if they do use anti gravity, that's why.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

They could use anti-gravity to fly in our atmosphere without crashing. But considering their impossible maneuvers, they could be using mind-controlled crafts. Our scientists have successfully tested mind-controlled video games which is a small step in the right direction. Their system has to be more complex like controlling crafts using their thoughts. Looks like they don't even need an AI.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
They probably dont "fly" through space...but are "pushed" and "pulled" via forms of magnetism.

They aslo probably would use nuclear reaction...not "gas" (As in Shell or BP oil!)
edit on 8-9-2011 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunchBocks
I think if anything it would be gravity manipulation, not strictly anti-gravity.

How do you manipulate something that is not present?

using "anti-gravity" as a form of energy would require gravity manipulation.
edit on 8-9-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish

They could use anti-gravity to fly in our atmosphere without crashing. But considering their impossible maneuvers, they could be using mind-controlled crafts. Our scientists have successfully tested mind-controlled video games which is a small step in the right direction. Their system has to be more complex like controlling crafts using their thoughts. Looks like they don't even need an AI.

Not even close.....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWorldSpins
reply to post by redbarron626

This.

There are large things in space that give off gravity so if they do use anti gravity, that's why.

Lets see...nope not even going to gratify you with a response.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Possibly so they can reach speeds which would normally flatten a body.If you have your own gravitational field, then you're not really moving, space moves around you. Doing tight turns "on a dime" at 7 squillion mph, would squishify anyone on board, unless you had your own gravitational field. It'd be like you were staying still, even though you're going faster than light.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

The science surrounding anti-gravity might allow for the creation of powerful free-energy technologies which could be used power the ship in space... There have been serious attempts by various governments and institutions to do so as you might see in this declassified report on electrogravitics..

Prepared by:
Gravity Research Group
Aviation Studies (International) Limited
Special Weapons Study Unit
29-31 Cheval Place, Knightsbridge
London, S.W.7. England

However, as you can see in the conclusion, at the time the report was written, such attempts had failed to produce anti-gravity but gave keen insight into how our world operates.

No attempts to control the magnitude or direction of the earth's gravitational force have yet been successful. But if the explanation of gravity is to be found in the as yet undetermined characteristics of the very high energy particles it is becoming increasingly possible with the bevatron to work with the constituent matter of gravity. It is therefore reasonable to expect that the new bevatron may, before long, be used to demonstrate limited gravitational control.

This report was origional written in 1952. I'm sure we've figured somethings out by now : )
edit on 2011/9/8 by michaelwpayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
How on Earth
would we know what they have in those crafts?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by radkrish

Not even close.....

Why don't you post some useful info and not pretend to be smart ass when in fact you know nothing?

edit on 8-9-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I don't even want a reply from someone that can't manage to fit in three replies in one post.

I said if they did, that's why. I don't know how they use there ships, no one does.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Gravity, whatever it is, is everywhere in space.... "it binds the galaxy together"( like the Force
, local galaxy clusters stars planets etc... The propulsion system of UFOs could be gravity wave manipulation or a magnetism/gravity combined system ( if the are actually two different forces ), or maybe some kind of space warp, "Event Horizon" style or "Dune" style.... The thing it's probably not, is a Star Wars style propulsion system, since the energy required would be infinite, where in the other two cases it would be incredibly high ( which is far less than infinite )....

let's hope we find out soon

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The UFOs seen in our atmosphere could be short range reconnaissance vehicles that might use a completely different technology from any intergalactic carrier ships.

Or, rather than using anti-gravity it may be that the craft are able to create a huge gravity well in front of them, so that they simply 'fall' to their desired location. No external gravity source would be necessary.

Or, they could be generating a huge gravity source in order to warp spacetime and so bring their destination to them, or at least shorten the distance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join