It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 11, 2001: Personal Stories 10-Years Later

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
On 9/11 I was working in the shop on a truck. My wife called me telling me about seeing a plane crash into the World Trade Center.
I ran into the office and told the owner ..turn on the T.V. all hell is breaking loose in New York.
As we watched events unfold all work stopped and all the employies were watching as the second airplane hit..
Not a lot got done that day !

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Some back fill as to why and where I was on 9/11/2001.

I was a Ship Navigator stationed aboard a US Navy ship in San Diego. I'll always remember for a fact that it was a Tuesday morning because the Navy just changed to Tuesday morning underway from the usual Monday morning. But this underway was different, see normally Ships liberty expires in-port US at 0500-0600 on the day of underway, but for some strange reason, which no one at the time would tell us, the entire ships crew had to be aboard at Midnight the night before our scheduled 0900 underway.

So as I woke that Tuesday morning on board my Ship, I went to eat breakfast. I was sitting down and watching the video of the hole in the WTC on the TV in the mess-room and thinking, that is not an accident! Just then I saw the second plane hit, I jumped up and ran to the Quarterdeck and told the Officer of the Deck to set the Sea and Anchor detail as the US, mainly NYC, was under attack and we had to get underway quickly. We stayed underway for 2 weeks guarding the west coast airspace.

It didn't dawn on me at the time, but looking back I realized we were not the only ship that was getting underway that day, The whole waterfront was unexpectedly getting ready to get underway that day. Why?

The more I looked into the reasons, the scarier it seemed. To me, somebody knew something more than the OS is putting out!

SirRic

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
On September 11,2001 I was in bed sleeping. I worked the night shift as a waiter and slept during the day. I remember my roommate at the time basically barging into my room, flipping on the light (no windows in my bedroom, don't ask) and babbling on about I needed to turn on my T.V. and that some buildings had been blown up.

I was really groggy and a bit P.O.'d at that point. I turned on the tube and sat half-asleep trying to assess what I was hearing and seeing on the news. It seemed as if I were still asleep and having a bad dream. A few hours later, I arrived at work to find all the T.V.s in the restaurant turned to the news and surrounded by a mostly passive,dazed staff and customers.

All I could think to say was something like 'Come on, let's change the channel, we've got work to do. Enough of this depressing stuff'. Stupid thing to say, I know. I was numb and I couldn't get my mind around it all at the time.

I think that was the turning point for me. I began to seriously assess the situation in America as the details and repercussions of the event unfolded. I figured it was time to finally start getting some kind of plan together to get the hell of out the country. I left in 2003 and don't plan on returning.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When the towers were hit I was driving home from Wackenhut prison where I worked nights at the infirmary. I was in total shock when I heard the 2 towers were hit. I ran into my home at 7:30am yelling were under attack.
We then turned on the Tv and waited for instructions, news or whatever.

I was surprised by this because our NSA or FBI didn't seem to know the details.
Later on I found out Wackenhut was part of the problem and our Government officials knew about this event. I purchased the DVD Terror Storm, which tells most of the real story.
My total persceptive has now changed about the USA.
I always check any news with speculation.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Sorry about the delay, but I'm a native ( In more ways then one) and on that day I had just woken up to find thatCentury 21 what is a notarized department store in Manhattan, and the place a had just visited on the tenth day of "9th" month in our year 2001; was in the shadow of a plane that ACTUALLY HIT! the towers. The interesting portion of this story is that as any "NewYorker" knows there are some interesting crazies in NY that get released from upstate without the proper attention that they needed and find themselves on the streets and subway system. Allow me to backtrack a bit and mention that I intended on making my trip to the department store to get new clothes (that I probably did not really need in the first place) grew up in one of the richest counties in all of Amerika but at an unbelievably low annual household income.

Either way I made my trip to the store on the Monday before that Tuesday and whilst exiting the tower that has a stop on the 2 train among-st others there to cross Church street I think it is and this one guy is crossing the other way saying "everyone get out my way I'm a crazy kamakazi mother F@#$%ER. Mind you that this happened on the day before that infamous day.

OH YEAH!!! My connection to that day? I was supposed to meet a friend in uptown and then go to the department store just not on the 10th as I did but on the 11th which was the original plan but it changed and he and myself went the day before. Otherwise I would've been stuck in the train probably heading that way or worse.

May the people that lost there physical energy on that day have peace and find wonderment in paradise!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
GO BACK 2 PAGE 7 AND READ TIGER MOUNTAIN ??????????? HE IS NOT MISTAKEN : puz:. page 14 manta 78 p9 facchino p6 sphota ... i heard about 9-11 at 11.20 am in the uk but did nor realise it was real until 11.43 am which is 6.43 in new york but dont take my word for it GO OUT and ask people for yourself i am 100% SURE of this it was on a loop that day the news as a lot of people i speak to heard about it at 9 AM IN THE UK ?????????????????????????? that is the smoking gun ask around people who listen to live news housewives / tradesmen /etc i double dare you

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
On 9/11, 2001, I was in 4th grade in Florida. It started out as an ordinary day, and then the teacher got a phone call. She picked it up and then told us to behave, walking out of the classroom. About a half-hour later, she returned and told us that we were going home early because New York was being attacked. When I got home, the TVs were on and the towers were burning. We all know what happened after that.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
September 11th 2001; my 9th birthday.

Still remember my shock and horror on that day. Was fighting back tears knowing that on my birthday loads of people where perishing in horrible ways.

I'm 20 today and this day is still tarnished by the memories of what happened. The images I see every year are still as shocking as when I watched them live after coming home from school.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Even after so many years, the memories are still so vivid. We were chilling out after a long extended partying through the weekend and overlapped to our partyhouse that fateful Wednesday morning (NZ time). I was the one who was surfing for docu channels on cable and came across one about rodents in New York which, coincidentally had the groundshot at some rats with the WTC as backdrop.Boring. Surfed again and there was the burning WTC and thinking someone was shooting some big budget movie with a burning tall building. Boring !!! Flipped the channel to some other docu and back again to the burning one and started listening to the broadcast and OMFG !!! America UNDER ATTACK !!! Sober up immediately and phones started to ring from friends who caught the news earlier than us.

This video from Howard Stern and his Gang on 9/11/2001, that recorded their playful banters a few minutes prior to them being informed and their conversations and reactions and also calls from his listeners as those tragedies unfolding right there and then.

Quite interesting if you have 90 minutes to spare.

I don't know why the embedded video turned out blank but here is the link to its utube page :youtube recording of Howard Stern live radio on 9/11/ 2001

edit on 14-4-2013 by mypan because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2013 by mypan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

tigermountain
I was in London and was working on street level installing glass windows for a shop, I walked to the truck to go get more glass and saw a whole group of people in the pub on the corner all staring at the screen. I then walked past and thought it was very early for the people to be boozing even though they are British. I popped my head in and looked at the big screen TV on the wall and saw the peoples faces in horror. The next minute my boss called me and told me all the buses and tubes had been stopped in London as the states were under attack. I stayed in the bar until the next plane hit and everyone was in tears for some reason thinking London would be next. I decided it wasn't safe and got my gear and made it home , which was about an hour walk. I watched the telly the whole night wondering what the f$%k had happened.
he has not been on ats for a while to answer this as 2pm is not early or was it earlier ???

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join