It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is worse than Hitler?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
Can anyone give figgureas about how many Afgans and Iraqis have been killed to date?

Somehow i doubt its 6 million

Bush isn't Hitler jnr, far from it

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but Bush is a Psycho Nut job who would spit naked infants up on pikes lining the white house lawn if he thought it would give him more power.

Wraith

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30
I'm sorry, but Bush is a Psycho Nut job who would spit naked infants up on pikes lining the white house lawn if he thought it would give him more power.

Wraith

and this is based on what?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Wraith

and this is based on what?

Based on what? Duh.. nailbunny.. he told me so... it must be true... what you dont know nail bunny? He is the head of a bunny I bought last month.. I forgot to feed him and he died.. it was neccessary to cut off his head and nail it to the wall cause he kept looking at me. He still talks to me sometimes.....

Anyway..

"The locks of your shrill shreaking daughters defiled by the hands of my soders; Your most reverant fathers taken by their silver beards and their heads dashed tot he walls. Your naked infants spited on pikes! While the cries of the mad mothers do break the clouds!!! What say you? Will you yeald.. and this avoide.... or GUILTY!! in Defence.. Be thus Destroyed!"

Henry V, Shakespeare to enter the town of Halfur.. more or less.. it is from memory so the quote may be off a bit.

The statement was basicly a referance that Bush is willing to do the worst possible actions, lies, and threats for his own gaines as is shown by every step taken to the ocupation of Iraq.

Many political madmen, dictators, warlords have done this, Bush is simply stepping into their ranks...

BTW Henry V, only threatend this, he also advised his uncle to treat the inhabitance of Haflur gently... if only Bush were as wise.

"For when crualty and levity play for a kingdom, the gentler gamester... is the sonest winner." Also from Henry V after the hanging of Bardolf

Wraith

[edit on 23-8-2004 by wraith30]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Uh...that's all find and dandy, but I thought you said Bush was willing to hang babies on sticks to gain power. I asked what is that based on?

Iraq? Please. Even Clinton attacked Iraq, does that make him worst than Hitler?

There's a good possibility that Bush is voted out of office this year, if that happens...what happens to all of Bush's great and powerful..uh...power when he leaves? Does it transfer over to Kerry?

[edit on 23-8-2004 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Uh...that's all find and dandy, but I thought you said Bush was willing to hang babies on sticks to gain power. I asked what is that based on?

Iraq? Please. Even Clinton attacked Iraq, does that make him worst than Hitler?

There's a good possibility that Bush is voted out of office this year, if that happens...what happens to all of Bush's great and powerful..uh...power when he leaves? Does it transfer over to Kerry?

[edit on 23-8-2004 by ThatsJustWeird]

Ummmm did you read my entire post or did you just get to the Shakespeare part and were unable to comprehead past that?

I dearly hope tha you are right that Bush will be out. And.. actualy yes, the power held by the president will be passed onto the next president.. thats what happens when you vote one person out and annother one in. What is important is nto the power itself but what one is willing to do with it.

Yes your right Clinton did attack Iraq with a few specific strikes. What he did nto do was lie to the UN and his nation to put them into a constant state of fear so they would not question him, go against the advice of the world, invade a country under false pretenses, claim to be liberating a nation of people while killing a good number of them, plunging their country into chaos, moving in an occupying force, break the genivia convention, destroy his own nation financialy, and instaling a government chosen by said occuping force in a country were we are not wanted.

I see you are in Maryland too.. you are yet one more reason I have got to move out of this state.

Wraith

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Ummmm did you read my entire post or did you just get to the Shakespeare part and were unable to comprehead past that?

No, I read it. I'm just not seeing where Bush has gained all this extra power. Invading Iraq didn't gain him power, it just made him unpopular. Besides, no matter how he did it or how he used it, every president before him had the same power.

I dearly hope tha you are right that Bush will be out. And.. actualy yes, the power held by the president will be passed onto the next president.. thats what happens when you vote one person out and annother one in. What is important is nto the power itself but what one is willing to do with it.

So how or what do you think Kerry will do with his Hitler-like power?

Yes your right Clinton did attack Iraq with a few specific strikes.

So it's ok to attack any country, just as long as it's with specific strikes. Go on.

What he did nto do was lie to the UN and his nation to put them into a constant state of fear so they would not question him

He did lie to his nation. But you're right we weren't in a constant state of fear then and everyone questioned him. But now, we're-...hmm...I'm still not in a constant state of fear, and neither is anyone I know. And people constantly question Bush so.....I guess this statement doesn't appy to Bush either. No? Continue.

go against the advice of the world, invade a country under false pretenses, claim to be liberating a nation of people while killing a good number of them, plunging their country into chaos

*coughhaiticough*
*coughkosovocough*

I see you are in Maryland too.. you are yet one more reason I have got to move out of this state.

I don't get it. If you were in Alaska somewhere, this conversation would have never taken place? Or are you one of those people who are constantly moving away from or distancing themselves from people who don't agree with everything you say. If that's the case, you'll live a sad sad life my friend.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
NK is about as democratic as pre-Glasnost Russia, hehe....

As for Bush vs. Hitler.... I'm no fan of Bush, but that's not even a stretch...that's insane...

You can hardly compare collateral damage from war, to the INTENTIONAL genocide perpetrated by Nazi Germany. There's a big difference between women and children who die from an errant bomb, and those who die being herded into railcars like animals, stripped of their clothes and dignity, hair shaved to make wigs, and then gassed to death, with even their gold fillings plundered, and then mass creamated....

Bush is bad...no doubt...but Hitler was pure evil...the likes of which will hopefully never, ever be seen again....

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

No, I read it. I'm just not seeing where Bush has gained all this extra power. Invading Iraq didn't gain him power, it just made him unpopular. Besides, no matter how he did it or how he used it, every president before him had the same power.

So how or what do you think Kerry will do with his Hitler-like power?

Yes your right Clinton did attack Iraq with a few specific strikes

So it's ok to attack any country, just as long as it's with specific strikes. Go on.

What he did nto do was lie to the UN and his nation to put them into a constant state of fear so they would not question him

He did lie to his nation. But you're right we weren't in a constant state of fear then and everyone questioned him. But now, we're-...hmm...I'm still not in a constant state of fear, and neither is anyone I know. And people constantly question Bush so.....I guess this statement doesn't appy to Bush either. No? Continue.

go against the advice of the world, invade a country under false pretenses, claim to be liberating a nation of people while killing a good number of them, plunging their country into chaos

*coughhaiticough*
*coughkosovocough*

I don't get it. If you were in Alaska somewhere, this conversation would have never taken place? Or are you one of those people who are constantly moving away from or distancing themselves from people who don't agree with everything you say. If that's the case, you'll live a sad sad life my friend.

*Head smacks desk in frustration* It really is like trying to explain litrature to a Japanese Chin....

No you fool, the power is not Hitler like, what one does or does not do with the power of the position that makes the differance. What will Kerry do? I dotn know I can't see the future, though I doubt he can do worse.

And if you dont see how invading Iraq ammong other actions, has enabled Bush to pass aditional laws to grant his supporters and thus him more power and money then you need to open your eyes.

As for Clinton's attacks, I am not condoning what he did at all.

Haiti and Kosovo.. what about them? Did I say Bush was the only one? I will say however that Bush has mismanaged this activity to the point of grosse neglect.

Finaly, I am not your friend, do not call me so. I actulay very much appriciate conflicing views, inteligent arguments, sarcasim, and cinisicm. However since moving to Md I have seen far too much racisim, close minded fanatics, and an entire society that is more interested in dumbing down instead of taking a moment to enhance their lifes through a little free thought and effort. This area was described best to me by somone who called it an epidemic of narcicisim.

If it is sad to want to distance yourself from a steaming pile of crap on the sidewalk then I am a sad sad man.

I am sorry but "The toenail that is your brain is hungry... you should feed it." Wobbly Headded Bob

Wraith

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Now dont get me wrong, Bush may eat babies* but he aint exactly Hitler-esque. Yeah, Bush is waging a war on the Middle East but he isnt putting millions of innocent civilians into concentration camps and gassing them.

"*" indicates authors opinion.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
NK is about as democratic as pre-Glasnost Russia, hehe....

As for Bush vs. Hitler.... I'm no fan of Bush, but that's not even a stretch...that's insane...

You can hardly compare collateral damage from war, to the INTENTIONAL genocide perpetrated by Nazi Germany. There's a big difference between women and children who die from an errant bomb, and those who die being herded into railcars like animals, stripped of their clothes and dignity, hair shaved to make wigs, and then gassed to death, with even their gold fillings plundered, and then mass creamated....

Bush is bad...no doubt...but Hitler was pure evil...the likes of which will hopefully never, ever be seen again....

You should post more.......too many have fallen from the ranks, ya know?

Cluster bombing a 3rd world country's capital, the use of daisy cutters, can quite reasonably be classified as INTENTIONAL GENOCIDE. Hitler & the Arian Scumbags did not make close to $1.9 Billion off of gold fillings, but at least that much has gone unaccounted for from Iraqi oil production profits.
GIve him 4 more years? a 6 million person death count would be low.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

No you fool, the power is not Hitler like, what one does or does not do with the power of the position that makes the differance. What will Kerry do? I dotn know I can't see the future, though I doubt he can do worse.

Responding partly to you and to the "Bush is worse than Hitler" title.

And if you dont see how invading Iraq ammong other actions, has enabled Bush to pass aditional laws to grant his supporters and thus him more power and money then you need to open your eyes.

Such as?
Name one law that was passed since the invasion that has gained Bush more power.

Haiti and Kosovo.. what about them? Did I say Bush was the only one?

Now but we were talking about what Clinton didn't do and what he clearly did.

However since moving to Md I have seen far too much racisim, close minded fanatics, and an entire society that is more interested in dumbing down instead of taking a moment to enhance their lifes through a little free thought and effort. This area was described best to me by somone who called it an epidemic of narcicisim.

lol, you must be on the eastern shore or you haven't been around the state.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Only people who are ignorant of history can say anything like Bush is like Hitler. Bush is a bad president pursuing bad and questionable qualities, but I tell you what:

Comparing Bush to Hitler desecrates the memories of those who persished in WWII. Hitler had invaded my country and nobody on this list who hadn't lived on the land previously occupied has any idea what it's like. Get a grip.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wisdom Master: I hear the tally now is about 10,000.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Bush may become Hitlerlike but he sure isn't that crazy now. The US is currently headed in a Nazi-style facism direction, but we are FAR from being there. Hitler gained most of his power by controlling the news outlets... until Bush can control all news that enters the US, he won't be a Hitler.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You go. Im 100% with you on this. At least Hitler, as with many other dictators, befriended everyone, gave to the poor and took care of the people for some time. Later of course, that all changed.

But Hitler was a smart man. George is an ignoramus. This president doesnt even comprehend his own speeches!

How pathetic can it get! The most powerful figure in the world in the body and mind of a moron!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Funny how "the west" prefers calling them North Korea or DPRK instead of "Democratic People's Republic of Korea", in an attempt to declare NK as being against democracy.

I have to agree though that trough hard hand governing, Kim keeps a tight controll over the country and the democratic proces is faulted by it. But the US only has to do 1 thing to relieve that problem in a country that official IS a democracy.

North Korea is no democracy of any kind, and never was. It's a dictatorship -- in fact, it's a textbook example of a dictatorship! I could go around calling myself "King ThunderCloud," singing my name as such on checks and letters, but that doesn't make me a king.
Dictatorships and Communist countries like to use words like "Democracy" and "People" in their country's names, to try to fool people into thinking they are pro-freedom, when they aren't. Think of it as false advertising on a grand scale; they tried to fool you with the country's name, and you fell victim to the deception.
Now, South Korea, whose official name is simply "The Republic of Korea," is a type of democracy, or more specifically, a democratic republic.

To use the old expression -- "Don't judge a book by its cover," or its equivalent here, "Don't judge a country by what it calls itself."

Originally posted by lockheed
The US is currently headed in a Nazi-style facism direction, but we are FAR from being there.

The U.S. was closer to that during the Reconstruction era than it is now... by a long shot.

[edit on 8/24/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix

Originally posted by thematrix

Originally posted by infinite
I may not like Bush, but comparin him to Hitler is just wrong. Hitler killed millions of people and carried out a genocide campaign against the jews. Bush is nothing like Hitler was and never will be anything like Hitler.

Some will come in here and say the following:

"Bush can only dream to become like Hitler, hes not smart enough"

I bet ya noone will do it after I posted they would

Before you all go off on me. I do no support what Hitler did.

I will say however that Hitler did at least pull Germany out of a major post war depression, created the VW, and put millions of Germans back to work while reuniting a factured Germany after WWI. Course.. then he went nuts, and started rounding up Jews, Pols, Gypsys, invading countries, etc...
But at first he did a tremendous ammount of good for Germany. Which I am very sad to say is alot more than Bush has done for us.

Bush is like Hitler? In all the negitive aspects.. yes, I can see Bush going down that road.

Wraith.

So who is Bush's chosen race? Maybe he favors the illegals from Mexico since they are entering the US in record numbers.

bush's chosen race are the jews

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Wow Ashlar, are you trying to break the world-record excessive quoting or something?

I really don't like when people say stuff like "Hitler was a really smart man".
He was not smart at all, he was a total dumb idiot that was sick inside his head.

Bush may not have the intelligence to be fully capable to be a good president, he's not the pure evil that Hitler was.
The comparison is utterly dumb.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Wow Ashlar, are you trying to break the world-record excessive quoting or something?

I really don't like when people say stuff like "Hitler was a really smart man".
He was not smart at all, he was a total dumb idiot that was sick inside his head.

Bush may not have the intelligence to be fully capable to be a good president, he's not the pure evil that Hitler was.
The comparison is utterly dumb.

It is easy to dismiss Hitler as an Evil maniac. His later policies and actions were indeed onstrous.. noone is arguing that.

It is however unwise to lable him evil and thus dismiss any qualities that could be percieved as positive. He designed the VW cars, arranged that the factories were built, brought jobs and prosperity to Germany after WWI that had them in a mass depression. He was extreemly inteligent with his planning, propiganda, war tactics, policies and spending. He executed his war plans flawlesly in the begining of the war, he studied and applied the philosophies of Sun Tsu and Musashi. He was amazingly charismatic and an impresive public speaker. It is dangerous to simply write him off as a lunatic.

Aelita

I agree with you compleatly that noone who has not actulay seen war on that scale really has an idea of the scope of damage done. Russia took a horrable toal durring WWII. I am a fan of studying history, I know the deep importance of the defence of Stalingrad, I have studied the great losses sustained by Russia durign WWII and I know that it was largly dismissed by the Allied forces after the war. I for one am very greatly appriciative of what your country went through for us. I think that hero's such as Vassili Zaitsev should be as commonly known as George Patton, MacArthur, and other prominant figures such as Winston Churchill.

Other countries suffered as well, Nanking in China was the home of atrocities that would make a hard call of which was worse between that and the German camps.

The problem is that we as Americans do not have anyone alive in our country who remembers seeing war on our land.. and memories are short. We have gone to war and come back home where there is no evidence of the destruction for us to look at and try to rebuild.

Comparisons between Bush and Hitler depend on what aspect of each you are talking about. Bushes overall policy and methods of war, propiganda, the mistreatment of prisoners. If you look at it could be verywell reminicent of Hitlers methods at the begining when he invaded poland. The use of the propiganda of fear to keep the backing of the Germans. Hitler's prisons started much the same ways ours are now, as the detention of possible or confirmed enemy combatents. Now we are seeing the evidence of abuse how far will it go? How far would it have been allowed to go if the pictures did not come out?

The use of the words "evil" are unwise, as soon as you lable somone so easily, then you underestimate their cappability. This is a serious comparison and deserves investigation.

Wraith

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join