It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Invisible War Machines Are Here - BAE Systems ADAPTIV

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Does anyone else find this profoundly disturbing and very unsportsmanlike?
This is cheating, there's no chivalry or personal bravery left to fighting this way.
I would greatly prefer rifled muskets at 50 yards or swords toe to toe.
The only warriors left will be imaginary.

What millennium or century were you born in that you think war is about being "sportsmanlike" and that "chivalry" plays a part?

War is about defeating your enemy any way you can because likely the survival of not just you, but also your nation depends on your success.

As for "personal bravery", there's still plenty of that to go around on today's battlefields.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I would imagine, Philadelphia Experiment type of cloaking , if perfected will be far superior
than this pixel type mundane sheites

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wow, they are really getting good. The most impressive part his how they change temperature to evade thermotechnology too. It won't be too long before smugglers get ahold of this technology.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Won't work.

Tank sitting on spot A on Earth...

Tank moves.....you'd see the ground thermal image showing an imprint, cooler spot. Or hotter spot.

Remember this is what the Russian's first saw at Area 51 when they were testing the SR-71. They never saw the plane...they saw the hot or cool spots left on the tarmac after the planes were yanked inside to hide from spy satellites.

As fast as you create a method to "hide"...someone else figures out how to "detect".

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
insurgent counter measure to this absurdity: attack the tank during the day.

You missed the point of the entire technology. It can cloak even during day time

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by brommas
reply to post by timewalker

Excellent post, but this whole war thing is getting old now,

War has always been part of Humans and Evolution. Civilizations were established and flourished in the desperate effort to break away from the tyranny and politics of the few.

One form or the other, War will co-exist as long as we think different

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Apparently I was born in a time when we fought with a things like bravery and personal honor. A time when it was one man against another with no machines separating you. When you could actually see the eyes of an enemy.
When you weren't fighting someone thousands of miles away from you while you sit in air-conditioned comfort swilling a Coke with a PS2 controller in your hands.

Back when to go to war meant real personal risk to yourself which meant that you did not just go out and start a war unless it was absolutely the last resort.

I know, kings have been ordering serfs off to fight to make them richer since we first created states.
If I was to end up fighting I'd like to think I could actually see my enemy before they kill me, if for nothing else than curiousity's sake.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I want to add if you look at our history the vast majority of new technologies we've developed have been created due to war. Had we put that same amount of money and creativity in to tech that would make life better and pollutes less the world would be a far better place.
Today's generation has but one God - technology. If it's new and can destroy things in a novel fashion it is held in high regard. I'm not criticizing young people - we raised them this way. If we don't start caring about life we're going to find our own species on the way out.
Why? We're too creative for our own good. We can already destroy the world something like 60X over yet we keep inventing more and more of this crap.
Why do we need wars? Truth is, we don't. Everything to do with war is cruel and corrupt and is the reason the US is now a pariah among Nations, near universally hated and despised and very few are jealous of us any more due to the drop in the quality of life. War is breaking our economy and putting us in to debt slavery for generations.
Not to mention we routinely torture now and spy on everybody, our own citizens included.
I would love to see our world free from the scourge of war so that all the young people today can enjoy peaceful lives wihtout the threat of war looming overhead like a circling vulture.
So far the wars have been fought overseas. when it's your town and your home and your family blown to kingdom come war will suddenly seem like the worst idea ever, and it is and always will be.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by centurion1211

Apparently I was born in a time when we fought with a things like bravery and personal honor. A time when it was one man against another with no machines separating you. When you could actually see the eyes of an enemy.

I agree with you. The Plains Indians practiced warfare in the way most humans have throughout history--proving that you were more manly than your adversary, rather than killing him. Much of their warfare was seasonal, and involved primarily the theft of horses, which by 1800 had become so numerous that most males owned between 3 and 20.

Like medieval warriors, the concept of a uniform was completely alien; battle dress was intended to identify the unique individual, and proclaim his mighty deeds for all to see.

Napoleon modernized warfare with his campaigns across Europe; Sherman was universally vilified in his day for attacking Southern civilians and property, instead of facing his enemies in open formal combat.

This was about the same time that dueling was being outlawed. A gentleman no longer dueled with an offender who insulted him or spread lies: "Don't Get Mad---take 'em to court!"

Honor died when it became a crime to defend it with physical force. Now, the best you can do is sue your tormentor.

Honor has been supplanted by economics.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Next they will have a suit that projects a naked lady. Soldiers will wear this and nobody will shoot them.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This isn't just in the IR range, it covers more.

I suppose you could cover a small island in these and make it look like France, from space, nobody would think to bomb it then.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

That's how animals like cats see (smell), they can tell who's been in the room before them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join