It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Invisible War Machines Are Here - BAE Systems ADAPTIV

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
UFOs/Vimanas: Invisibility existed eons ago. But at least hope they use it wisely.
Vimanas PDF
edit on 8-9-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

Visit the below link. They have a lot more information. Although I highly doubt that such working models existed despite the description at a much much higher and general level. There has been extensive studies conducted in India in Bangalore with negative verdict by the Indian Institute of Science.
VIMANAS_LINK

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyespying

Does it block radar?

Good question. I would assume not but not too sure about it yet.

However in a real time scenario, I would assume in urban warfare it will be useful since there are no radars in Guerilla Warfare (most of the time) unless there are aircrafts hovering above providing the radar co-ordinates.
edit on 8-9-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Most definitely cool...now with the visible light projectors, Old Obi-Wan was right - "Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them"

Awesome post, thanks for that...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Does anyone else find this profoundly disturbing and very unsportsmanlike?
This is cheating, there's no chivalry or personal bravery left to fighting this way.
I would greatly prefer rifled muskets at 50 yards or swords toe to toe.
The only warriors left will be imaginary.

The way I see it, is that this technology is so new that only special divisions will deploy it. Those sent to fight them will probably be just as experienced and equipped to counter the situation.

But think of it though. How many insurgents use IR targeting devices? This technology is wasted on fighting insurgencies, but is developed for combat against other conventional forces that have similar tactical capabilities (NATO vs Russia vs China etc).

This technology is definitely impressive. Personally, I like the plate attachability patterns more than the IR disguise itself. Imagine armor that you can quickly re-build in a combat zone, as opposed to something more time and energy consuming like adding ERA plates or chobham coatings.

I am also interested in knowing how these are powered. Is it all linked up to the vehicle's power systems or is it separate?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

While that sentiment is good and all, it might make a comeback in a post apocalyptic world after technology fails but as General George S. Patton said, “No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.”

We already have video controllers for drones operated from miles to 1000's of mile away that kill by remote control. Will this technology be applied to some hypersonic fighter jets soon? Maybe a mind meld virtual reality where you are part of the plane and have bubble awareness of all the instruments for 1000's of miles. How about same applied to a cruise missile so you have intelligent targeting.

I've seen videos of smart guns and shells that explode at programmed range, guns that shoot around corners and the seems to be defunct land warrior that gives the everyday soldier real time battle field awareness. Maybe add an interlock to guns so they won't shoot a friendly in line of fire in the next generation or fire if not in possession of assigned soldier.

I'm sure as the technology of killing continues to evolve sci-fi will be made real. Won't be long before we have screamer (Autonomous Mobile Swords) type killing machines on the battle field. I'm sure robotics will eventually bring us the hunter killer machines from terminator or the droid army from star wars clone wars.

Besides the perceived public limitations of technology I worry about how much autonomy we will give future weapons and how they will distinguish non combatants.

Don't know why but I think the technology shown in the OP is just what they want the public to see for some reason. Maybe it's a teaser/wild goose chase so potential enemies will waste resources trying to defeat and/or duplicate.
edit on 9/8/2011 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Definition of War from 2050 Oxford Dictionary:

A past time only partaken of by the most gutless cowards ever born, which involves these ill mannered lumps of animated slime wearing cloaked suits, driving cloaked warmachines, and appearing in the midst of comparatively defenseless people, and blitzing them without fear of reprisal.

Ok so thats not a real entry , and that dictionary hasnt been printed yet, but we are getting there.

That was a good one.

Unless the civilization falls apart, I'm afraid the ancient form of warfare will diminish

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Excellent post, but this whole war thing is getting old now, i think we just need to stop it altogether and start throwing cream pies at each other instead or a can of beer, then we could perhaps start acting like people that care about one another instead of people that enjoy killing one another.

i am sur ethat if we started throwing beer cans someone somewhere would have the sense to open a can then we could all have it out over a beer instead with no weapons, no your right i am being stupid, forget it.
edit on 8-9-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Booking my seat. Thany for the info OP. l'll s&f as I get back.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Exceeded my allocated 4 hours to edit. lol

This is pretty neat technology, but I must say that it was to be expected. They have the same tech in clothes already.

And you know, despite all this innovation, this will be useless in the field because some guy will screw the whole thing up for them by coming up with some everyday solution for exposing them. Like a lazer pointer on it's shiny bits or something...

Saw an add once where NASA was spending millions on designing a space pen while the Russians were using a pencil. Sometimes technology is not your friend.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

This is cheating, there's no chivalry or personal bravery left to fighting this way.

Exactly! Although cool, swords and axes will always be more badass.
I wish there was some free country where technology was prohibited and warfare was still hack-and-slash. I'd join up in a second

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Very cool, man i wish i could put this on my car to get out of speeding tickets.
I cant drive 55mph

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
insurgent counter measure to this absurdity: attack the tank during the day.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

Well I know anything electronic cant take emp,You can buy EMP guns/emitters online. I bought an energy probe, it lets you know when anything carrying electronics is nearing you. You can also buy sound and heat weapons off the interent. Fight them with there own tools

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
That technology will be obsolete in a few months if not already (I assume they build the counter at the same time as they make this technology). They only need to have the computer recognize a shape with a different method. Signature recognition or something to that extent. Quite impressive though I have to admit and also have to say for other nations it will take years and years to catch up.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

How is keeping your soldiers alive longer a bad thing?

In the Art of War Sun Tzu stresses deception. This is just a more advanced form of deception.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Not in the slightest, but I do find your use of the word "unsportsmanlike" disturbing. War is not a sport. If your enemy does not abide by your Chivalric code then it is only of use to him. You can quite happily follow the rules of 'fair play' when you aren't going to die because of them.

Originally posted by eyespying

Does it block radar?

I don't think that this system does, but it is safe to say that BAE has the tech. This article is from 2006:

This has led the ATC scientists to a step change in camouflage technology. New concepts based on novel materials have been realised that allow not only their colours to change but also their infra-red, microwave and radar profile to shift and merge with the background rendering them practically invisible. The effect is built into the structure itself rather than being from an add-on material such as paint or stick-on layer.

www.baesystems.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is both truly fascinating and disturbing. This is a big game changer in wars, yet at the
same time if this technology was used against us for whatever reason it may be, that would
be a truly scary thought. Not to mention that chances are they've tested soundless helicopters
along with this cloaking technology openly around some communities around the US just makes
this as a whole, disturbing.

But as I said above, as long as this isn't used against us, for whatever reason, this will be a
great game changer in the wars which we are sadly waging in the middle east for their oil.

Definitely makes you wonder what kind of other black projects they have going on that are sure
to be much more bewildering than even these current technologies they are showcasing openly
right now.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm Wondering if there developing a suit for a soldier to wear, That would certainly change the battlefield somewhat. I would only think this technology would work at night or in low visibility conditions noting stopping the enemy seeing you in the day time.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Another billion dollars wasted.

Did you see the size of those panels ?
On a helicopter ?, on a jet ?

So they remove the armor and make your IR signature whatever they need it to be ?

Its stoopid, with 2 o's.

If you can see it, its an easy kill.

IMHO, not worth the weight, better to have armor.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Another billion dollars wasted.

Did you see the size of those panels ?
On a helicopter ?, on a jet ?

So they remove the armor and make your IR signature whatever they need it to be ?

Its stoopid, with 2 o's.

If you can see it, its an easy kill.

IMHO, not worth the weight, better to have armor.
They say that the panels themselves are the armor.

"Our panels can be made so strong that they provide useful armor protection and consume relatively low levels of electricity," he said.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Spray it with some reflective paint, and it's forever tagged, regardless of it's temperature.

It wont work on ships, because of the magnetic/gauss issues which are much more precise that eyes for locating ships.

Maybe find tanks by their magnetic fields?

or robot cockroaches, to climb up and cling onto the tank and broadcast a tagging signal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join