It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Invisible War Machines Are Here - BAE Systems ADAPTIV

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is usually not my cup of tea, but WOW!! Is that a cow or a tank?

I'm sure to some of our more experienced weaponry experts this is old news but now it's going into production.

New camouflage technology from BAE hides war machines

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ee414a4dc02.jpg[/atsimg]

(PhysOrg.com) -- BAE Systems says it has a camouflage system that can render battle machines like tanks invisible or even seen as other objects in the immediate environment to protect against attack. The 'cloak' applied to a tank, which is BAE's illustrated object to showcase its Adaptiv technology, can enable the tank to blend into the environment undetected or to look like another object entirely, avoiding night vision surveillance equipment and infrared targeting by aircraft. In so doing, the Adaptiv technology can mask the vehicle's infrared signature.

The Adaptiv cloak consists of a sheet of hexagonal hand-sized patches, or as BAE calls them, pixels. Their thermo electric material can switch temperatures quickly. On-board thermal cameras are what drive the panels, picking up whatever scenery is around and then showing that image on the vehicle. Around 1,000 of these panels can cover a small tank.

Not just infra-red cloaking but also made to look like a COW!!

BAE field-tested its technology on a Swedish CV90 tank made to blend into the scenery without detection. Alternatively, the pixels can protect gear by manipulating their appearance. Tanks can be made to look like cars, large rocks, trucks,or cows, for example.

Pysorg.com

Here is the BAE Systems link on the ADAPTIV technology. Edit ~ Super long URL wont link. Google is your friend.

BAE Systems ADAPTIV

edit on 7-9-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
ive been waiting for this to surface. remember hearing about it 3 or 4 years ago.
things just got a little more spooky for the other guy.

wondering how this will grand daughter into consumer or commercial level application down the road.?
thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

WOW... Now that is what I call breathtaking. Watching it vanish is impressive, but the image that comes to mind is the opposite. I'm imagining Gadaffi driving over a hill, confident of his escape, when a line of Main Battle Tanks just "phase" into existence right in front of him. lol....

If what they say about the technology the public is shown being at least a decade behind what the 'black world' is actually working on is accurate, I can only imagine what those trillions in defense are purchasing. Is it awesome or scary? It's impressive either way!

edit on 7-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
More and more advanced weapons. More and more advanced weapons to fall into the hands of and sold to the adversary creating the need for even more advanced weapons. I guess sooner or later it will all just come down to one button.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Another great weapon from the builders of HAARP...

2nd line

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
That is crazy! I heard about this technology before first time I have seen it in action. I wonder what its weaknesses are, I would have like to see a little more demo in the video but still really cool.

Star and flag to you sir!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Does anyone else find this profoundly disturbing and very unsportsmanlike?
This is cheating, there's no chivalry or personal bravery left to fighting this way.
I would greatly prefer rifled muskets at 50 yards or swords toe to toe.
The only warriors left will be imaginary.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The night vision video on the press release is impressive... one minute its there and next its gone.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

lol

it's like a mirage tank from command and conquer, in CC it would appear as a tree.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Just conformation of planes flying over head and not seeing them! Now I have also seen air craft w/out sound, on numerous occastions.,Nice to know for myself and others that the technology is far more advanced than what we are told.I think it would be an educated guess that all the missing military,tax payer funds are spent on these types of projects.I am being rather blaze (sp)? but to those who are learned,no explanation is nessasary.For those who oppose,may the most high help you as well as those who have eyes to see.

edit on 7-9-2011 by beammeup because: because I wanted to.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This is cheating, there's no chivalry or personal bravery left to fighting this way.

War hasn't been like this for a long long time, war is unfair, that's just the way it is.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well,since the have a plant almost in my back yard,take a look at all the stuff they have got going,including unmanned autonomous systems,or UAS.Is the terminator not far behind?

Under the ARV Robotics Technology (ART) Advanced Technology Objective (ATO) contract awarded by the Army's Tank-automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM), BAE Systems is integrating state-of-the-art unmanned platform technologies leveraged from Army and commercial developments into a representative Future Combat Systems (FCS) ARV platform, and will support experimentation and testing of these systems during demonstrations.

And this long list of things to look through and ponder on.

www.baesystems.com...-Technology-&-Innovation

A snippet.

Stealthy wallpaper is a practical material designed to control the transmission of RF signals. Manufactured in panels, it can be incorporated into properly screened rooms and acts as an rf window which can be turned on and off. This will allow independent control over the way communications equipment, such as computers operating with WiFi or cell phones, may be accessed. This has the potential to improve both the efficiency and security of these systems.

edit on 7-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

www.baesystems.com...
edit on 8-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

You know, from a guy who's business is selling swords and knives. I couldn't agree with you more. They probably are remote controlled via satellite from undisclosed location in the US, outsourced to technicians overseas.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

You know, from a guy who's business is selling swords and knives. I couldn't agree with you more. They probably are remote controlled via satellite from undisclosed location in the US, outsourced to technicians overseas.

More than that, autonomous, under the machines control.Scary and just not right.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

What a gr8 thread!! Thank you op.S/F The only problem with the whole issue is that Electro Magnetic Pulse Weapons that are able to cover great areas and the ability to destroy satellites ( That are easy to hit by the major players on earth ) In my opinion this is a great weapon for the battlefield in Less Developed Countries..

PS. The object of weapons developers is to charge for the Attack Munition and "Double Charge" for The Counter Measure!!
edit on 8-9-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Cloaking isn't a new concept but a byproduct of the Cold War.

Below links will provide a brief overview of the types of cloaking.

CLOAKING_1
CLOAKING_2
CLOAKING_3
edit on 8-9-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Booking my seat. Thany for the info OP. l'll s&f as I get back.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Does it block radar?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
UFOs/Vimanas: Invisibility existed eons ago. But at least hope they use it wisely.
Vimanas PDF
edit on 8-9-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Definition of War from 2050 Oxford Dictionary:

A past time only partaken of by the most gutless cowards ever born, which involves these ill mannered lumps of animated slime wearing cloaked suits, driving cloaked warmachines, and appearing in the midst of comparatively defenseless people, and blitzing them without fear of reprisal.

Ok so thats not a real entry , and that dictionary hasnt been printed yet, but we are getting there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join