Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The ANTI-FREE TRADE GOP candidate the corporate media doesn't want you to know about

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sorry...it's NOT RON PAUL (he's not anti-free trade anyway). This guy may be the real deal.

Roemer slams China in front of Chinese Embassy

Washington (CNN) – Calling China a "bear" that eats American jobs with unfair trade policies as its fork, presidential candidate Buddy Roemer made his jobs speech Thursday in front of a location he called the "bear's den" - the Chinese Embassy. The former Louisiana governor slammed American politicians and economists for encouraging businesses to move overseas, particularly China, along with their jobs and factories.

"We've become the biggest fools in the world," Roemer said. "Adopting global free trade while other countries impose trade barriers against our products."

Roemer hailed America's industrial age as the country's most sound era in economic policies, citing protective tariffs as the key to keeping manufacturing jobs growing at home. But after World War II, Roemer said America changed its policies for the worst. "Worshiping an untested, ivory tower theory of global free trade, our political leaders abandoned the tried-and-true successful policies of tariffs," Roemer said. As a result, he said, the American tax policies benefit corporations that move operations overseas to places like China, a country known for low wages, minimal child labor laws, poor working conditions and high pollution.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

A Republican I would vote for?????? Blasting China in front of their embassy? Defending American manufacturing and jobs???? Blasting global free trade???

Why isn't this man in the debates?

Oh...I know why...because he'd probably win in a landslide.

With jobs and our economy being the top issue among americans, just this stance alone would catapult this guy above all the other GOP candidates easily....in fact I think he'd beat Obama easily as well...that is if people knew who he was.

Adding a few videos:

edit on 8-9-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
this was the guy on john stewart a little bit ago wasnt he? i liked the interview he did on their and the stuff he said made alot of sense. he seemed like a second ron paul to me. do i smell a vp canidate

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
-quirks an eyebrow-

Someone has noticed the obvious...and is actually considering doing something about it

how odd...

but slamming the fist on the table and saying this is an issue isn't a solution...pointing something out that even many common schlubs see is not a plan of action...he needs to have a comprehensive plan. And not just for china, but also india, pakistan, etc...all these 3rd world hellholes that have no employee fairness and wage standards...we in the west should only have trade with nations that have standards, unions, etc...anything outside is slave labor. if we want to build up a booming and healthy economy, we need to stop these countries until they get out of the 14th century business cycle...however, too much corporate money is involved in the highest of places to ensure that we never get this accomplished.

We are a corporatocracy now with a democracy paint job to sort of fool some people...he is unheard of because he speaks against the gods of the world...the corporations. The overlords demand you speak only of how you will give them more tax breaks and less regulations, not to try and make things better for the people...so ya, this guy has no chance whatsoever...the gods of earth will not allow that nonsense.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think I like this guy. He has some balls and he seems to get it! I admit I have to learn more about the dude...but damn....SOMEONE RUNNING THAT ACTUALLY HAS THIS RIGHT???

Sign me up!!

I just read an article as well here:

Roemer excluded from Republican debate

Furthermore, Roemer's decision to not accept donations greater than $100 and to not accept money from Political Action Committees has left his campaign with an emptier piggy bank than his opponents. "It's going to be a long, tough process with the rules we've put on ourselves, but it's the right thing to do," Sierra said.

Despite being excluded from the nationally televised Politico/NBC News debate, Roemer will step into the spotlight the evening before the Sept. 7 event. Sierra confirmed Friday that Roemer will appear on the Sept. 6 episode of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart."

"It's a sad day when a former governor, a former congressman and a successful businessman is left off the stage," Sierra said in the email. "NBC News, Fox News, Politico and the rest of the corporate-owned media are essentially choosing our nominee for us. What happen

Umm.... I need to learn more about this guy. ANd to previous poster...I did see him on Jon Stewart earlier today, but have heard his name before but really knew nothing about him. He seemed quite passionate. He's wants all special interest money out of Washington.

He won't take over 100 dollars in a donation and no superpac money?

HOLY HELL IS THIS GUY LEGIT????
edit on 7-9-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Stop, your dreaming. He will not even do as well as ron paul...
Again, read my previous post..he is anti-corporation (not company)..meaning he is without any support at all. You think the people will support him? no...the people won't, because the people...most people...overwhelmingly most get -all- their indoctrination from media...mainstream media...CORPORATE mainstream media. this will not change.

So yeah...just dream. Some areas I have hope on...but killing corporate dragons is not one....when the supreme court itself has been corrupted by them, then you know its a mountain that will never be climbed

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Stop, your dreaming. He will not even do as well as ron paul... Again, read my previous post..he is anti-corporation (not company)..meaning he is without any support at all. You think the people will support him? no...the people won't, because the people...most people...overwhelmingly most get -all- their indoctrination from media...mainstream media...CORPORATE mainstream media. this will not change.

So yeah...just dream. Some areas I have hope on...but killing corporate dragons is not one....when the supreme court itself has been corrupted by them, then you know its a mountain that will never be climbed

He's wouldn't get corporate support...that's pretty obvious...he's not even going to take their money...but if his name gets out...anything can happen.

Everyone from the entire political spectrum would support this stance....of course except for the corporate hacks that are in office now. Mainstream voters would vote for this guy in a heartbeat.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The man is quite right. Why are tax breaks going to businesses and large corporations who manufacture their products overseas? It should go to those who create jobs INSIDE America.

Ok, he may not get the corporate vote.....but the corporate vote is not a majority of the American population.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Here's his website and some of his stances on the issues:

"Fighting Special Interests
The corrupting influences that special interests have over our political system have never been stronger. Politicians in Washington, D.C. are completely beholden to these special interest groups to fund their political campaigns. It is time that someone stands-up against the power of the big checks, the bundled checks and the corporate checks. Learn More.

Balancing The Budget
As Governor, I successfully balanced our State’s budget every year despite inheriting a deficit. My plan for a balanced budget calls for an annual reductions in federal spending equal to 1% of GDP over five years. We must reign in the size of government and reduce federal spending from 25% to 18% of GDP. Learn More.

Creating Jobs
A good job is the key to freedom and happiness. Yet today we have fewer people working than we did a decade ago and those who do have a job have, on average, not seen their wages increase on pace with the rest of the economy. We need to reinvest in our workforce and rediscover what ‘Made in America’ really means. Learn More.

Reforming Taxes
Our current tax code is unfair, unreadable and unworkable. The corporate loopholes written into law by the special interests in Washington reward the few at the expense of the many. It costs small business far too much time and money to comply with our current tax regime, while at the same time many large corporations exploit this system and pay little to no federal taxes at all. Learn More.

Strengthening National Defense
America has always led in expanding freedom and democracy across the world. I believe that we need a foreign policy that is firmly rooted in this proud tradition and ready to confront the new challenges of the 21st century. We need a President who is free to lead our friends and allies with clear conviction and unparalled strength. Learn More.

Securing Energy Independence
Our future security and prosperity demands that we become less dependent upon foreign sources of energy. I believe we can be energy independent by the end of this decade if we utilize domestic production, encourage conservation and promote innovation. A consumer, market-based approach should include all options, including oil, clean coal, natural gas, nuclear, solar, hydroelectric, wind and geothermal sources of energy. Learn More.

Repealing Obamacare
We face a crisis in our nation’s healthcare system. Unfortunately President Obama and the liberal Democrats’ healthcare legislation made things worse, not better. I believe that the law is unconstitutional and will work to repeal and replace it with a better plan that decreases costs and expands access to the best healthcare system in the world. Learn More.

Fixing Immigration
We are a nation of laws. The border must be secured first and businesses that break our immigration laws should be held accountable. Immigrants who commit felonies here should not be afforded the privilege of citizenship. Learn More."

Well....i agree with some quite a bit...don't know enough on some of the other issues. He seems to be pretty moderate based on this.

www.buddyroemer.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Am I reading this right? Someone actually recognizes the idiocy and is speaking out?

('
')

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The question I have is:

Why isnt Ron Paul, our supposed savior, saying this??

Oh, the tune the Pied Piper plays hits a few wrong notes, but everyone still dances.....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Am I reading this right? Someone actually recognizes the idiocy and is speaking out?

I know...I'm in shock myself.
And it's a GOP candidate to boot. Didn't see this coming. I have been commenting the last few days on how we were screwed with nothing but pro free trade GOP candidates going up against free tradin Obama.

Plus...he's not a fringe candidate. He actually seems pretty darned moderate to me...at least from what I have read so far. But of course, being a moderate makes you a radical nowadays..lol.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ron paul.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Strengthening National Defense America has always led in expanding freedom and democracy across the world. I believe that we need a foreign policy that is firmly rooted in this proud tradition and ready to confront the new challenges of the 21st century. We need a President who is free to lead our friends and allies with clear conviction and unparalled strength.

This has me second-guessing a bit

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie

Strengthening National Defense America has always led in expanding freedom and democracy across the world. I believe that we need a foreign policy that is firmly rooted in this proud tradition and ready to confront the new challenges of the 21st century. We need a President who is free to lead our friends and allies with clear conviction and unparalled strength.

Yeah, this looks like an expensive and dangerous continuation of our current messy situation. Nobody's perfect, but this is more than enough to keep me off is bandwagon.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie

Yeah, this looks like an expensive and dangerous continuation of our current messy situation. Nobody's perfect, but this is more than enough to keep me off is bandwagon.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Stop, your dreaming. He will not even do as well as ron paul...
Again, read my previous post..he is anti-corporation (not company)..meaning he is without any support at all. You think the people will support him? no...the people won't, because the people...most people...overwhelmingly most get -all- their indoctrination from media...mainstream media...CORPORATE mainstream media. this will not change.

So you would rather go down with a sinking ship than try and fix the problem?

join