It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Quantum Physics Prove Reincarnation? (Deep Thoughts)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
So, I was reading a recently posted thread about reincarnation, and I almost posted this entire thread as a response to it... but decided it needed different attention.
Previous Thread - HERE

I don't claim to fully understand Quantum Physics... at all. But from what I do understand, it has caused me to start on this line of thinking:

I've thought a lot about reincarnations lately. And recently, I started thinking of a new possibility that ties it together scientifically. (New to me at least since I've never heard or seen research on it)

So it has become widely accepted that, in quantum physics, particles react to it's identical part no matter where it is on the earth. (Goes along with the idea that twins can react to each other from continents away) There are multiple studies done on this phenomenon. (Look up the double-slit experiment, Bose-Einstein condensate... or just read the book The Intention Experiment - which I highly recommend to EVERYONE anyway)

Anyway - my idea began to form around these quantum physics experiments and what happens when a person dies. There have been photographs and scientific data of the "soul" leaving a person at death and even being weighed. What if, these particles, ions, human matter, etc... is then remade later into another human DNA sequence. So the memory of these particles are retained, though the newly born human has no real memory because these particles aren't actual memories, just their frequency is a memory. If that makes sense...

So basically, humans all vibrate on a frequency. Other people, our moods, the earth, physical locations, atmosphere, environment - etc... all affect that frequency (part of why astrology is so often correct but can be really wrong for certain people). So, our cells retain the memories of these frequencies... and are essentially imprinted with a life-time of vibrations. So when the body dies, these vibrations are carried on into new particles, new inhabitants, and later re-born.
It also ties the religious idea that we each chose our families. That could very well be true. Maybe our ion matter vibrated at an appealing level to our great grandmother or whoever... was somehow "absorbed" into that person and eventually passed on through DNA and each generation to create who we are now. And that could also answer the reason why some people seem like "Old Souls"... because they are. Maybe when you die, your original particles continue on, and so do the new particles in your body... creating a "new soul".
This can also explain why our sub-conscious can find our "soul" mates. These vibration memories may recognize themselves or another persons vibrations that are synchronistic.
And it could help explain homo-sexuality, since a main argument is that the soul was born gender-specific but has passed on without care to whatever gender it attaches to.

Another note, this may or may not mean humans could have been animals or become animals... I think it would all depend on the cells and the vibrations, whether or not they are compatible.

It could also lead to why some people actually do recall past lives... maybe these particle memories send their own energy vibration along the paths in the brain we just don't understand, and are recognized, creating a sense of a picture. It's proven that frequencies can be changed into a picture, so why couldn't our own energy and memories do the same thing. Maybe every memory we have is actually a retained vibration that is only recalled. Sight is really just the interpretation of light, is it not?

I can even attest that my hands have a better memory than my sight. As a massage therapist, I can completely forget I ever worked on a client until I work on them again even a year later. I won't recognize their face, but the second I touch the person, I remember exactly what their tissue felt like, where their "knots" were, and even as far as the conversations we held. Though sometimes not remember anything about them visually. Am I recognizing their energy? Is our "6th" sense actually vibration/frequency/energy recognition?

This could also go a long way to explaining ghosts or manifestations. Is it why some people can speak to ghosts? Their own cells vibrate on a similar frequency?

Soooo many thoughts rolling through my head!!

All thoughts are welcome (just try not to be negative...), and if anyone has a very very good understanding of Quantum Physics, maybe you could provide your own insight and thoughts.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I decided to start researching my thoughts... and came across this website:

Reincarnation Experiment

And the page I linked to seems to actually jive very closely to what I've described in my post above. They use the term, Soul Psychoplasm.

The psychoplasm concept expands the current model of genetic inheritance. Scientists presently assume a combination of forty-six pairs of chromosomes (23 sets from each parent) carries forward all the data necessary for the zygote to develop into a complete human being. It is generally accepted that physical traits are transmitted from the parents to their progeny through this genetic package. Body types, hair patterns, predispositions to some diseases, and more are considered gene-based. Even behavioral inclinations are believed by some to be transmitted via the genome.

However, the evidence developed by the Reincarnation Experiment that appears to connect past to present lives covers more areas than the above-mentioned factors attributed to DNA transfer. Beyond unique physical features, reincarnation evidence includes a variety of personality traits, specific knowledge, and special skills. Thus a reincarnation mechanism must be more comprehensive and capable of activating genetic off/on switches beyond or different from those normally identified with inherited traits.

The theoretical psychoplasm is just such a mechanism. It is analogous to the individual cell in that it encompasses all the factors necessary to reproduce itself in a new physical form, including any mutations and adaptations that carry-forward in the evolutionary process. The project has identified five psycho-physical factors that appear to comprise the integral psychoplasm.

The "Soul Genome" hypothesis posits that an infant begins life with a past-life legacy embedded in the psychoplasm. With it as a foundation, the infant interacts with its new environment and social network to create its own unique contribution to the ongoing process of evolution. If reincarnation works as the present evidence suggests, this cumulative, multigenerational legacy, modified by each lifetime of experience, becomes the inheritance of the psychoplasm’s next incarnation.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

There are two things that strike me on your idea. First, Paul Dirac's relativistic quantum mechanical wave equation says that our universe is parallel to another universe in opposite. Our matter is anti-matter to this mirrored universe. The event horizon between these two universes, by my conjecture, represents the projection point of both. The BBC did a thought-provoking documentary on this. I'll link it below. I have often wondered if time is the point at which the future meets the past at 'now'. Our reality is the mirror between the two sides as a projection point of sorts.

Second, I often use this analogy for our essence. An acorn is the oak tree enfolded. If it gains union with the soil, it expresses information into form. At its essence, it is just the information in the acorn. Information can be saved or lost. It can also be copied, which is what we see with the union of all seeds in life.

If you connect this to reincarnation, information is transferred (saved and copied) to the next vehicle of form. The body (vehicle) the information takes is the second part of the essence in combination. Each body provides a new experience for the spirit (essence). Like I said in the earlier post, there is way more to John 3 in the Bible than what we may realize. Jesus says, "You must be born again." To me, there doesn't seem to be an option.

edit on 7-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
A few books I've read about remote-viewing led me to the same conclusion. The only thing that puzzles me is population growth. Maybe some souls sit in "limbo" or "subspace" longer then others. There is definately so much about the universe we don't know, possibly entirely different dimensions.

I think every single religion (except maybe 1 or 2? idk) believes in some kind of life after death, be it another world, reincarnation, or spirit.

I remember a thread about a young child who claimed he lived before and had very in depth knowledge of his past life. It is very well possible it could have been his imagination.

Everything dies, there must be a reason for it

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Wow! Thank you! I really liked that response, and appreciated your ability to condense and reiterate what I said in an easier to understand analogy
It would be great if we could really prove most of this. I know we are well on our way... but can you imagine what it would do to so many religious concepts if one day we could actually prove beyond a doubt that reincarnation was true on a cellular level?

And the video describes it very well too! Thank you for that!
edit on 7-9-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

very deep... i like it!!

would like to read it more carefully and follow the links too before i can comment on my thoughts...
two thumbs up for now though
S&F

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have come to believe reincarnation is a very likely possibility, scientifically and spiritually. I have researched the subject for some time. here is some of my favorite evidence take from it what you will. also I have cataloged the evidence posted in this thread to add to my research thank you all that contributed to this thread.

Evidence for Reincarnation

I have posted this link before in a thread i made a while ago sounds like the poster above read it.

Child pass life Recolection

Religous Evidence

edit on 7-9-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Very cool video. Thank you for that! And best of luck on your research!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Eventually, science and spirituality will meet. I have absolutely no doubt about this, in fact, I think we will realize that more less, it is the same thing, kind of like taking a fork in the road that ultimately lead to the same place.

That said, the time sadly........ I feel is not now. Great thread and there is material for consideration and debate that is very worthy but we just not are in a place as a world consciousness that could appreciate such an idea.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I didn't watch the video but isn't it the one where the boy remembered a past life as a fighter pilot? If I remember rightly, this all came about and hit the news after he wrote a book about it? Publicity much?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Quantum Physics is just a subject that people study. It doesn't prove anything. Subjects don't "prove" things. Evidence proves things.

And since most physicists are not studying reincarnation, chances are that the evidence they come up with won't have much bearing on it.

There is lots of evidence that supports the idea of reincarnation. Lots more, in fact, than most people are aware of.

I know a girl, for example, who got some Scientology auditing and remembered her entire previous lifetime as one result of this. But you probably don't know this girl. So there are lots of little bits of evidence for it here and there that never make it into public knowledge.

There are a variety of technologies that get involved with the fact that people have past lives. They all explain how it works differently. I like the explanation used in auditing because I know it works. But others like other theories, because they have seen those theories work in practice, too.

When something is true, there can still be a lot of ways to explain it. I prefer simple, workable explanations. But you don't really need an explanation at all. Truth stands on its own.

If reincarnation is true, and some of the recent quantum theories are also pretty close to true, then you are bound to get certain parallels or similarities between the theories. The most basic truths are very simple and they can be observed at work everywhere in many different ways.

I wouldn't worry too much about how "deep" your thoughts are on this. You wouldn't want to wake up one morning at the bottom of a well so deep you couldn't get out of it! Real truth doesn't require much thought. It is there to be used by those who are able to perceive it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

I also have put a lot of thought and reading into this subject. I was propelled by things which have happened in my own life and those of my children.

I thank you, very much, for putting your thoughts together and posting the thread, because in so doing, you reminded me of a path I was investigating but got distracted from because of life. Now I have reason to continuing my research. BT

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
I have come to believe reincarnation is a very likely possibility, scientifically and spiritually. I have researched the subject for some time. here is some of my favorite evidence take from it what you will. also I have cataloged the evidence posted in this thread to add to my research thank you all that contributed to this thread.

Evidence for Reincarnation

I have posted this link before in a thread i made a while ago sounds like the poster above read it.

Child pass life Recolection

Religous Evidence

edit on 7-9-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

Excellent video post! I cryed! Lol.
ooh two liner

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I would argue with your claim that we have scientific evidence that the "soul" leaves the body at death.....

You claim there are photographs of this?? Please can you link to these photographs... I would be very interested to see this evidence.......

Yes, it is true, that the average weight lost by the human body when it dies is 28 grammes.... that this is therefore the weight of the soul is purely conjecture though... and has no basis in science..... more so in religion I would argue....

www.abc.net.au.../greatmomentsinscience

"People have believed that the "soul" has a definite physical presence for hundreds, and possibly thousands, of years. But it was only as recently as 1907, that a certain Dr. Duncan MacDougall of Haverhill in Massachusetts actually tried to weigh this soul. In his office, he had a special bed "arranged on a light framework built upon very delicately balanced platform beam scales" that he claimed were accurate to two-tenths of an ounce (around 5.6 grams). Knowing that a dying person might thrash around and upset such delicate scales, he decided to "select a patient dying with a disease that produces great exhaustion, the death occurring with little or no muscular movement, because in such a case, the beam could be kept more perfectly at balance and any loss occurring readily noted".

He recruited six terminally-ill people, and according to his paper in the April 1907 edition of the journal American Medicine, he measured a weight loss, which he claimed was associated with the soul leaving the body. In this paper, he wrote from beside the special bed of one of his patients, that "at the end of three hours and 40 minutes he expired and suddenly coincident with death the beam end dropped with an audible stroke hitting against the lower limiting bar and remaining there with no rebound. The loss was ascertained to be three fourths of an ounce."

He was even more encouraged when he repeated his experiment with 15 dogs, which registered no change in weight in their moment of death. This fitted in perfectly with the popular belief that a dog had no soul, and therefore would register no loss of weight at the moment of demise.

But before his article appeared in American Medicine, the New York Times on the 11th March, 1907 had already published a story on him, entitled Soul Has Weight, Physician Thinks, on page 5. His reputation was now assured, having been published in both a medical journal and The New York Times (a Journal Of Record).

As a result, the "fact" that the soul weighed three-quarters of an ounce (roughly 21 grams) made its way into the common knowledge, and has stayed there ever since.

But when you look more closely at his scientific work, you see large problems.

Firstly, six (as in the six dying patients) is not a large enough sample size. When I studied statistics, my lecturer convinced me that, concerning people preferring one cola to another, "8 out of 10 is not statistically significant, but 16 out of 20 is".

Second, he got "good" results (ie, the patient irreversibly lost weight at the moment of death) from just one of the six patients, not all six! Two of the results had to be excluded because of "technical difficulties". One patient's death did show a drop in weight of about three-eighths of an ounce - but this later reversed itself! Two of the other patients registered an immediate loss of weight at the moment of death, but then their weight dropped again a few minutes later. (Does this mean that they died twice!?) Only one of the six patients showed a sudden and non-reversible loss of weight of three-fourths of an ounce (21 grams).

The third problem is a little more subtle. Even today, with all of our sophisticated technology, it is still sometimes very difficult to determine the precise moment of death. And which death did he mean - cellular death, brain death, physical death, heart death, legal death, etc? How could Dr. Duncan MacDougall be so precise back in 1907? And anyhow, how accurate and precise were his scales back in 1907?

From such slender beginnings as a single non-reproducible result, enduring myths are born. There may be lightness after death - but this experiment didn't prove it. We do leave something behind us when we die - the enduring impact that we have had on others. We would probably have as much success in measuring the impression of that mental impact, as we would of measuring the weight of the soul."

PA

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly
I would argue with your claim that we have scientific evidence that the "soul" leaves the body at death.....

You claim there are photographs of this?? Please can you link to these photographs... I would be very interested to see this evidence.......

all photographs that i've found so far turn out to be fakes

i will try to find a genuine one...

but, in the meantime this video might be adequate for you:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You know its really a lot simpler than we think.

Now there are some very well put "scientific" and philosophical points here, and not to take away from this deep exploration and understanding between consciousness and matter/wave etc.... just that

We Overcomplicate things sometimes, and living in the material we try and find material answers for something that lies entirely as such beyond it as the source, but does "pop" up in a quantum sort of way.

The thing which I refer to which "pops" into the material but cant be found, and is soo relevant to both this incarnation and any future/previous ones is the following and the simple source of all of this.

Show me where your "memories" are stored in your brain.

Modern science thought it had found this out, but research & experiments have in fact proven with the entire memory and even consciousness part of the pysche, that even when the material, actual physical bits that seem to store run these, when they are lost or removed the memories of consciousness does not.

So when you find where your memories are truly stored where they come from.

That is the same place that previous lives, incarnations come from.

Pretty simple really as its not part of the physical cant be defined with traditional physical results.

Kind Regards,

Elf

top topics

join