It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friedman & Alexander-The Great Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thank IofRa for originally posting www.abovetopsecret.com..., here is the Friedman/Alexander debate embedded:

In the blue corner, weighing in with 53 years of UFO study, it's Stan Friedman and in the red corner, hailing from New York, it's the colonel (retired), John Alexander

For anyone interested in these guys opinions it's worth a watch, enjoy.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Neither one of them knows very much. At least that's what I get by listening to or reading them.

So, I trust you more cause your family here and I'm counting on you: Is it worth the listen?

Thanks for Posting though--didn't know we would get to see it this quick.

EDIT: 6:38 Col. Alexander states that he leans towards Dr. Jacques Vallee's hypothesis and that "they" are somehow intertwined with our consciousness. So basically the Interdimensional Hypothesis.

I'm glad he came out and said it. Of course he knows what they are: He's been playing around in the spiritual realm for years.

Unless Stanton finally gives up and admits it, the debate was won right there.

edit on 7-9-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Not the same debate as I posted about...

Paracast debate

I still think the upcoming debate which will be hosted by, and broadcast on The Paracast will be handled much better. Gene and Chris will do a better job hosting for sure (IMO)...

Thanks for embedding all the links to this. Easier to deal with on the phone...
edit on 7-9-2011 by Toxicsurf because: add link

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

At about 6 minutes in the final part. There is a very important point made by John Alexander. It is a point I have tried to make repeatedly and applies to a number of ATS members that call themselves skeptics. You just aren't skeptical enough! Go listen...

EDIT: Oh no, I'm turning into a troll.
Seriously though, he does have a point.
edit on 7/9/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

At about 6 minutes in the final part. There is a very important point made by John Alexander. It is a point I have tried to make repeatedly and applies to a number of ATS members that call themselves skeptics. You just aren't skeptical enough! Go listen...

I think you have your contexts the wrong way around but I understand what you mean

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I like the interdimensional hypothesis, however-- I'm pretty sure that aliens/ufos can be both "extra dimensional" and be from another planet. Since we can't see dark matter and it is effectively shielded (according to M-theory) from w. nuclear force, s. nuclear force, and EM.......... well, it really functions like another dimension. Just like "flatlanders" can't see us 3D beings if we don't want them too. We can't see dark matter unless (perhaps) they want us to.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I agree.

There is no reason whatever to suppose that the inter-dimensional and extraterrestrial hypotheses are mutually exclusive. In fact to be inter-stellar you may have to cross the inter-dimensional line anyway.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense to anyone else... Maybe I'm just missing a few screws.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by Pimander

I think you have your contexts the wrong way around but I understand what you mean
Honestly..... Trust me, I don't.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by The GUT

I like the interdimensional hypothesis, however-- I'm pretty sure that aliens/ufos can be both "extra dimensional" and be from another planet. Since we can't see dark matter and it is effectively shielded (according to M-theory) from w. nuclear force, s. nuclear force, and EM.......... well, it really functions like another dimension. Just like "flatlanders" can't see us 3D beings if we don't want them too. We can't see dark matter unless (perhaps) they want us to.

Yeah, I can dig that theory for some pondering. You summed it up well.

The plasma physics angle seems kind o' promising too and I'd like to hear your opinion on it.

The longer article the following is excerpted from is worth a read imo. But the excerpts will probably tell you pretty quickly if it's something you would entertain. Peace.

Plasma Lifeforms
edit on 7-9-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT & Pimander

Yet you see these two guys (who I'm sure mean well) arguing about what the government may or may not know. I thought they were smart guys? What's a guy like Stanton got to lose? Credibility? Well he's already a 'ufo kook' in some people's eyes already. Everyone else would certainly entertain his speculation. For the life of me, I can't see why these earth scientists play it so conservative.... even at the end of their lifespan when they could care less about grant money..

Just start poppin' off at the mouth. I mean politicians and rappers do it all the time so...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I just got done watching the whole... er debate???

And I want to strangle the curly haired lawyer who was attacking alexander ... er... moderating...

I would have loved to hear more from stanton and hear these two actally debate. I hope the upcoming podcast debate does a better job!

Thank you OP for putting this here!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think both made some good points but nothing new.
The moderator was horrible and spent most of his time trying to get his point across than letting two extremely experienced minds spar with each other.
I hope the next debate goes better.

top topics

join