It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
In a couple of months I shall be out of the military and going back to college. Now, with this, will also come a lot of changes, as I'm moving into a new place, new people. Ect. One thing I'm thinking about doing, and hopefully you all can help me decide on, is selling most of my stuff. You know, clean slate, fresh start, ect. This would include my TV, stereo, ect. Is this a bad or a good idea?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Excellent idea.

To me there is nothing like change, it can be exhilarating and I find it's a good thing to have no comfort zone it makes for interesting times.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't know bro. I 'm all for change as I too am currently planing n moving and going back to school. however My flat screen, stereo and quite a few other things are awesome, in good condition and ued heavily so none of it is being tossed to the wayside or sold. I guess it all comes down to three things in my eyes.

1. Do you want new things etc?

2. Do you need new things?

and most importantly

3. Can you afford new things?

The first is just a gauge and its used to judge your bias in the situation. The final two are the most important and are the ones that should carry the most clout. Ask yourself all of these and you should find your answer pretty easily.

Trowa
edit on 7/9/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The only thing that's for sure to remain the same; is that things change.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

if you have to move, for example, from Germany to Boise, Idaho - then sure, it's so much easier to lighten the load by taking a few necessities back home with you.

but if it's not a big relocation, the point is: do you want to change how you live, and do you want to change some of the things you live with?

there's a big difference between completely giving up TV viewing and treating yourself to a new model. same may be said for computer, etcetera.

if you're just trying to make the move more convenient, by all means unload before you go. i've seen so many people relocate that actually haul their goodies plus their crap along with them. that's a mistake. it just makes a difficult task more a PITA. it's much easier to move when there is less to haul. and in today's economy, you can buy used stuff at great prices on craigslist, eBay etcetera.

best of luck to you, however you go.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Bro, Change ain't nothin' but a broken dollar bill. Keep yer stuff, you may need it someday

new topics

top topics

join