It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP Debate: Reagan Library

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by Praetorius

What does that even mean. All of those you mentioned were given more time than Paul?

He was pointing out that all of those mentioned in his "cough" are behind Dr. Paul in the polls.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

I didn't end up watching most of it because I got fed up fairly early on, but those are additional candidates he is out-polling on average so was just adding to the mention of Bachmann.

link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by Janky Red
Bush and Perry have both Murdered innocent people

T
O
T
A
L
I
T
A
R
I
A
N

People clapping yee haw!!! (Bomb Iraq, bomb wherever!)

Lets kill people, to show people that killing people is wrong!

JANKY....if you don't realize that both parties have had blood on their hands for a long time....then I hope you will look it up. Split Infinity

I don't cheer, smile and smirk about killing people

Past and Present leaders of both parties do...and have. Split Infinity

link   
I don't think Republicans want to win the Presidency. They know the economy is going to be crap for awhile and the party that holds the executive seat usually takes the blame regardless of what Congress does.

I'd like to see a viable challenger to Obama, especially an anti-free trade candidate, but none exists...at least none that are going to be pushed by either party.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Sorry I did not get it. I am way past my bed time being an early worker. Thanks for clarification.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I don't think Republicans want to win the Presidency. They know the economy is going to be crap for awhile and the party that holds the executive seat usually takes the blame regardless of what Congress does.

I'd like to see a viable challenger to Obama, especially an anti-free trade candidate, but none exists...at least none that are going to be pushed by either party.

"Anti free trade"?! You'll never see that on the GOP side. The only chances you get for that would be Herman Cain (hear me out) or Gary Johnson (who wasn't invited... again). They both want an extremely capitalist government. What people do not realize is that capitalism does not equal free trade; it actually becomes the opposite on the end-game.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

No worries friend.

I definitely hear the bedtime thing as well. Gonna take some nerve tonic and relax now. Have yourself a peaceful evening.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

They both want an extremely capitalist government. What people do not realize is that capitalism does not equal free trade; it actually becomes the opposite on the end-game.

Nonsense.

How does capitalism not equal free-trade?

"Anti free trade"?! You'll never see that on the GOP side.

Many republicans don't like free trade, free trade is mostly a liberal idea. Republicans have mostly preferred the tomfoolery notion of economic nationalism.

The only chances you get for that would be Herman Cain (hear me out) or Gary Johnson (who wasn't invited... again).

Herman Cain is a moron and Gary Johnson isn't great either.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The GOP doesn't want American capitalism...it wants WORLDWIDE Capitalism.

They are the corporate globalist party...and the dems are damn near the same.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by Cuervo

They both want an extremely capitalist government. What people do not realize is that capitalism does not equal free trade; it actually becomes the opposite on the end-game.

Nonsense.

How does capitalism not equal free-trade?

Really? Think about it. Free trade creates a funnel-down monopoly-based economic system that runs counter in the face of capitalism. It's like Paul said in the past "People dog on capitalism but we haven't even tried it yet!" (paraphrased).

If free trade was endorsed as economic dogma, we'd have one or two corporations per industry. Complete free trade equals complete corporate slavery.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

What would you prefer, world wide poverty?

You people act like the U.S can be the only rich country in the world and everyone else must stay below us.......

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by thegoods724

omg last section of the debate in about 30 minutes, they havent asked one thing to ron paul are you freakin kinding me

What?

I've been watching, and he's talked plenty. There are 9 people up there man...Ron Paul can't hog all the time. HE's right next to perry as well so he's on camera all the time.

What you said there? That's called "confabulation" in the medical world. In reality, the world the rest of us live in, 4 questions were directed to Ron Paul during the entire debate. Rick Santorum and John Huntsman, two people that few really take seriously as candidates, got more air time than Paul did.

/TOA

ETA: I miscounted. He got 7 directed to him, but 3 of them were afterthoughts. He was not directed a question of healthcare, but he answered it anyway.
edit on 7-9-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Why don't you count how many questions each candidate gets next time? and maybe go the extra mile and time it?
Because saying " I bet they had 3X as many questions" isn't enough. If you actually count the questions, you'd have proof of the claims.
I know Ron Paul didn't get asked as many questions...I'm just saying someone should actually keep a tally of the number of questions next time.
Good idea. That's funny because as I was watching it, maybe 30 minutes in I thought "I should really keep count of the questions", but it already started so I just said "Meh..." and watched the rest of it.

Next debate and every debate to come, I will do that, and if I have it on television rather than Live streaming on the internet I'll do my best to time it too.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Worst debate in history
Shame shame shame on MSNBC/Politico

Here's all of Ron's questions/answers
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

The moderator asked every candidate questions and gave Ron Paul only 7 questions and all of them were "Why are you against this"

Horrible debate
This is democracy MSNBC?

REALLY?????????????????????

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

For the record, I believe this is the first star I've ever given you. Here's a Paul Star from the left side of the fence, brother.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by David9176

What would you prefer, world wide poverty?

You people act like the U.S can be the only rich country in the world and everyone else must stay below us.......

You know what....I have traveled around the world in several capacities and one thing I am tired of hearing is people bitching or blaming the U.S. for their own messes! It is not our fault that people in a specific country either didn't have the balls or the brain to force change or create better conditions in their country.

People have got to stop making excuses.... to why they cannot effect their own change. We do what we can....but we are not responsible for everyones plight. GROW A PAIR! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Really? Think about it. Free trade creates a funnel-down monopoly-based economic system that runs counter in the face of capitalism. It's like Paul said in the past "People dog on capitalism but we haven't even tried it yet!

You're just making crap up...... as usual, tell me what is the difference between two different individuals trading and two different nations trading? Sure we don't have and haven't had capitalism, but to say that capitalism is economic nationalism is nothing but a lie.

The world isn't even as globalized as it use to be....

If free trade was endorsed as economic dogma, we'd have one or two corporations per industry. Complete free trade equals complete corporate slavery.

Why do we practice free trade between our borders then?
edit on 7-9-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Another thing I forgot to mention, Obama was probably mentioned close to 50 times in this debate, but that's no shocker.

Perry answered 13 questions, Romney 11, Bachmann 8, and Paul 7. So I definitely exaggerated the amount of questions that Ron Paul had, but I think many other members agree that there were times where he was left out. I mean sometimes there were entire discussions about a topic and he wasn't even asked, such as with Healthcare or the discussion of the military.

But when you want to know about a candidates stance about school nutrition, Ron Paul is the guy to ask

Maybe I'm just being overly critical of the MSM, but IMO that debate was biased, unfair garbage.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
I mean sometimes there were entire discussions about a topic and he wasn't even asked, such as with Healthcare or the discussion of the military.

Ron Paul was a physician and has received the most military donations compared to all candidates combined and was the only one on the podium to have served.

That's why he wasn't part of those questions.

But that Trust ad he created was nationally posted and should have ran twice during the debates on commercial time.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

You just pointed out the problem. We SHOULD have free trade within our borders. Not outside. Outside our borders, trade should be heavily tariffed.

But... even in the best of times under our current philosophies, there comes a point in the game where the game board needs shaken up. Capitalism is wrong. Communism is wrong. We need to make room for something different. Something better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join