It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP Debate: Reagan Library

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I figured there should be a thread to discuss the debate that's going on right now.

One thing I've noticed, MSNBC and Politico sure haven't been giving Ron Paul much attention, 30 minutes in he's only been asked one question.

But they've given Rick Perry at least 6-7 questions.....What's that about?

What do you guys think of the debate so far?
edit on 7-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

These people are sooo creepy in HD!!!

This will give me nightmares!!! Bachman's eyes!!! Haaaalp!

S&F

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Obviously a lack in air time for Mr. Paul. AND, THE QUESTIONS ARE RIDICULOUS!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
ron paul got screwed they just blatantly ignored him the entire time for 3 questions straight then allowed him to be run over by perry because they decided for the first time ever that they actual cared about that stupid time limit

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
A gallon of gas for a silver dime!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Jesus Christ

These guys talk like CEO robots

They don't talk about the American PEOPLE

The talk about the elite who are going to lead America to prosperity

And yet I have not seen more ELITE action and failure in my life.

It is like Oligarchy radio, let them bone you more, harder, faster, longer and stronger.

Where is George Carlin?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by josh2009s

Obviously a lack in air time for Mr. Paul. AND, THE QUESTIONS ARE RIDICULOUS!
I know, they give the other candidates legitimate questions, then when they finally give Ron Paul some attention after ignoring him for 3 rounds of questions for all of the other candidates, they hit him with something like "How can the government actually function without the federal government managing every bit of our lives (obviously a biased paraphrase...)".

But then they dish out like 4 questions to Rick Perry.

These things should be held by ordinary citizens, the questions asked by ordinary citizens, but aired on one of the channels. Sure, the occasional twitter question is....great, but I would prefer that they ask all of the questions, not the corporate media moguls.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Frankly, my corn-hole is hurting preemptively

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DankKing420

ron paul got screwed they just blatantly ignored him the entire time for 3 questions straight then allowed him to be run over by perry because they decided for the first time ever that they actual cared about that stupid time limit
I know dude! He was like "Dude you gotta let me finish my sentence", and the host is like "There were rules that you agreed to!". What a douche.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Jesus Christ

These guys talk like CEO robots

They don't talk about the American PEOPLE

The talk about the elite who are going to lead America to prosperity

And yet I have not seen more ELITE action and failure in my life.

It is like Oligarchy radio, let them bone you more, harder, faster, longer and stronger.

Where is George Carlin?
Yep. And maybe it's just my view, but I see the questions they give to Rick Perry almost as helping him out while the ones they give to Paul are asked to screw him over and make him look bad.

Also, Nancy Reagan looked scared

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If the hosts or candidates don't ask him about how he flip-flopped on Health Care, flip-flopped from a cheerleader to a macho gun toting Texan, or flip-flopped from a Democrat to Republican, I will crap my pants.

ETA: Paul just hit Perry with the HPV vaccinations, epic.

It's almost like a back-and-forth between Perry and Romney, and the other candidates get to join in with the big boys to talk for only exactly what the time limit allows..... :shk:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

perrys ideas are identical to pauls its so bad. he talks about the fed,talks about how soc sec is bad, same healthcare ideas. to bad he is just spewing bs and they are ignoring the fact that ron has been saying these things for years. for christ sake they are giving cain more airtime then him

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Gingrich has looked and acted more presidential than any of the candidates during this debate. Not that I would vote for him, but he has gained some respect from me.

Herman Cain also has acquitted himself well. I think of him as kind of a Ron Paul Lite, but he seems to have good ideas.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Yeah, y'all just let me know what happens, I got too disgusted to keep watching.

Hardly any questions for Paul or Santorum, and while I don't like Santorum, it's not fair to either. Then they cut people off when they try to catch up after letting everyone else blather on and rebuttal again and again and just keep asking everyone else questions.

Why can't we have an actual debate, or barring that, at least ask everyone the same number of questions and allot the same amount of time to all candidates, or at least let everyone address every question?

I COULD just be imagining it, but it doesn't seem like a balanced format at all. I'm done and I'll just catch the blasted highlights later.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Why can't we have an actual debate, or barring that, at least ask everyone the same number of questions and allot the same amount of time to all candidates, or at least let everyone address every question?
Ask the corporate media....I think they don't want Paul to gain support or be heard, so they design them that way.

I really feel bad for Paul, he stands up there practically not even a part of the discussion.

I COULD just be imagining it, but it doesn't seem like a balanced format at all. I'm done and I'll just catch the blasted highlights later.
No I see it too. It's completely unfair.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's as if they wrote (or memorized) all their answers and, damn it, they're gonna say those things no matter what the hosts actually ask them. Oh... and Dr. Paul had me groaning a bit. Man, he needs to stick with his friendly-old-doctor-who-loves-freedom schtick. He's not a good mudslinger and it doesn't fit him; just makes him sound loony and desperate. I hope it's not too late for him to turn it around.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Definitely not a good performance for Paul from what bit I could tolerate...I think the situation's got him about as frustrated as it had me, and his brain was spinning trying to keep up with everything he wanted to address from backlog on top of the frustration.

*shakes fist at MSNBC*

He needs to be more prepared, and I think Wead should DEFINITELY get him more ready for what's likely to happen and how to handle himself when he gets a chance (like Wead did with Bush sr.), but I am so frustrated with "debate" formats. At least be honest and call them 'presentation platforms' for Romney and Perry with some flavor from others and a dash of Paul & Santorum thrown in for good measure

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hah! Rick Perry couldn't name ONE scientist or even ONE theory that he subscribed to regarding global climate shift. "Uh... I think science should just follow the munies..." (paraphrased).

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
All of them suck. The only one that came close to sounding remotely moderate so far is Romney....and he thinks "corporations are people my friends".

Social security is a ponzi scheme Perry? lol. yeah, good look getting the elderly vote with that one dumbass. You can consider damned near anything a ponzi scheme...ANYTHING. Any tax, any business, any type of money transaction can be considered a kind of ponzi scheme. the argument is only used to demean social security...that's it.

Ron Paul has looked completely UNPRESIDENTIAL so far btw. He sounds like a wienie up there.

If they wanted obama out of office so badly, you'd think they'd put out someone who is far more moderate instead of catering to the extremes of the party.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The crowd claps for the fact texas has the highest death penalty rate what the hell?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join