It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC / Politico Debate, Ronald Reagan Library - Live Stream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Looking interesting so far
I hope this will be a fair debate

Not too fond of the presenter so far, but looking interesting

Can Ron Paul drink a glass of water while Romney speaks??
edit on 7-9-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ron Paul already won
He's defining the entire political stance of the republican party

If it wasn't for Ron Paul do you really think they would be talking free market and limited govt.?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
RON PAUL R3VOLUTION

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So far this is how I see it:

Newt Gingrich doing very well in another debate but I am not sure this will help him much in the polls.
Mitt Romney is appearing to be the most Presidential of the group.
Ron Paul failed to explain his answer very well, I agreed with his opinion but it was quite poorly said.
Herman Cain has said some pretty good things but is not coming out ahead.
Michele Bachmann is using ObamaCare as her only answer to everything under the sun.
Rick Santorum is pretty much a nobody as of yet.
Rick Perry just appears to be absolutely unqualified, he does not come off as Presidential or even that intelligent.
Jon Huntsman is trying to argue that he has the best background in regards to foreign policy but is not moving out of the pack.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Even though I'm not a member of the Reps (or Dems) I do try to keep up on their debates. Sadly, while there are so many qualified Ind. and 3rd party candidates our country isn't ready to elect those candidates in the numbers that should be. I've found this to be one of the better (R) debates of recent years. I'd love to see Paul take the nomination because it would be a good true change for the Exec. branch and I'd be the first time I will have voted for a (R) president... (I've voted for plenty of other Reps. though).

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Cain, Perry, Romney all look and sound professional but all of them lack substance, when they talk, I cringe.

Michelle Bachmann isn't getting as much airtime anymore, sounds like she is dropping off the radar (polls show this too).

Ron Paul has great answers as always but struggles to get his points clearly laid out for the people to understand, I blame this on him not rehearsing talking points, but why rehearse when you have the truth on your side?

If Perry's numbers don't drop after tonights debate, something is seriously wrong with Americans, or at least GOP Americans.

Newt did pretty well but he'll go nowhere.

And dammit Jon Huntsman, stay on topic!!

edit on 7-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ok that was a joke. They asked Ron Paul the same thing over and over. "would you pull Gov out of this what about that??"

The more they try to push him to the side the more we will stand up.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I got this from MSNBC web
Total of 19,039 votes - click on the "Display Comments" bar below to sort comments

6.7%
Michele Bachmann
1,268 votes
40.5%
Ron Paul
7,710 votes
22.8%
Rick Perry
4,332 votes
30.1%
Mitt Romney
5,729 votes

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You know, I'd really like to see some Democrats challenge Obama as well. Been awhile since a sitting President has been challenged by his own Party, and I think it's time. By adding a few more diverse candidates we might get someone in charge in 2012 who has not only the right ideas, but the right follow through. That being said, I think the big "winners" of the debate were Perry, Paul, and surprisingly, Cain. I haven't heard an intelligent thing out of Cain's mouth till tonight. Sounds like he has solid principles and I'd like to hear more from him. Those candidates I mentioned I believe furthered their standing w/ their base.

I think losers were Bachmann, Santorum, and Gingrich. Bachmann needed to slow her slide and the other two needed to jump ahead. None of that happened imho.

Huntsman's the odd man out. I actually really like how he challenged the Evangelical branch of the Republican coalition. He won't win the primary, but I predict a solid 2nd-3rd placing in primaries and enough momentum for an Independent run.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I wish they would post a video of the entire debate at Politico or MSNBC instead of just edited bits for those of us who could not watch it. Maybe tommorrow. I expected a heavily biased group of Moderators considering both Politico and MSNBC are DNC puppets for the most part.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Forget DNC... think about the CFR. That's one of the combining factors is this race between the two wings. We are still a two-party country and we need to be a zero party country. Take the party names off the ballot and you'll get some amazing results. Imagine ppl having to vote for a person rather than a party. Imagine the fun we'll have.

It'll be like riding a 3D Ferris Wheel.

top topics

join