It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching the Rep. debate right now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Ron Paul is the clear leader in this debate, not because he is the best debator...but, because almost every candidate is saying Ron Paul lines now. Whereas, previously, before Ron Paul became relevant they were all for the status quo. Now they have adopted some of Ron Paul's stances on issues.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
My take is that Paul will be attacked for being anti-minimum wage in the liberal press.
I think he did ok. Not great, but ok.

Huntman was the most improved, coming across as being viable.

Michelle Bachman talked but I don't know what she said. She hates obamacare.
Newt proves himself to be very intelligent, and quite slippery. I don't trust him but would want him on my side in a fight.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

As soon as the debate was over their idiots got on and started saying it was between Romney and Perry. Oh really what a surprise! They are showing themselves for what they are. Which is good for Ron Paul. Everytime they pull this crap it just makes people more determined to defend him and push him in the forefront. They don't get it Ron Paul isn't a man he is an idea. Just like when they tried to make him look like an idiot about what he said about FEMA. Then the first thing FEMA does in Texas is stop people from fighting fires. Their attitude is Let It Burn Baby Burn.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I agree with RP on the minimum wage issue... I don't think that the liberals will attack him since he's not the favorite, but should he secure the nomination, they will definitely use that..

On Huntsman.. He improved the most since the last debate, the parts that stood out for him were

1) US should not be nation building abroad, we should be building our own nation..

2) Republicans on Evolution/ Climate Change science.. the conservatives should be OPEN to DISCUSSING the topics without throwing haymakers really makes sense.. no need for name calling "talk to the hand" mentality regarding the two... let's talk! Is what I got from him on those two issues...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I'll hand #2 to Huntsman, because I agreed with that too.

I cannot hand #1 to him because guess who's been saying that since day 1? You guessed it, Ron Paul.

I have heard no other GOP candidate besides Paul speak strongly about sending our (all) troops home until Huntsman chimed in tonight.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Well....the reason I think that will be something liberals will go after him about is because they've been going after him hard and heavy on fema. I'm on the liberal side of the fence even though I'm a RP supporter because I like his vews on the fed, the wars,the drug war, foreign aid and healthcare.

I know several other liberals that like him, whereas I don't know a liberal that likes ANY of these other folks - they'd only go for Hillary or RP against OBama, so I don't underestimate how early they will go after RP, even if he is not their main point of attack, which it looks like Perry and Romney will get the brunt of, because I guess they are the biggest perceived threat.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

It was refreshing to hear Huntsman performing so well..

I just hope that folks actually listened to the debate, noted how many bait questions were tossed out there and listened to what all of the candidates had to say...

The debates should be fair neutral .. not this poking a stick deal.. the reporters get to do that everyday, let's give the citizens an honest debate...

I just don't see that coming, the MSM is already in full throttle mode to force feed their big money picks into our living rooms...

Will be interesting to see how many of these are showing up for the Florida debate in a few weeks...

I guess a better question is...

How many potential voters took the time to tune in?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Good point... Maybe they want to make sure whoever comes from that side of the coin is as far right as possible to help drive those votes towards Obama?

IMO.. I can see this turning into at least a 3 party race, with Obama winning...

Folks are fed up.. and they want a choice, problem is when you create so much choice, you water down the margin needed to win, and I think that Obama wins in that scenario...

I could be wrong, just tossing that out there

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I agree with you there. The whole thing was totally rigged, and it's pretty sad that those following the main stream have such a hard time seeing it. The MSM have been pushing Romney since the start and did nothing but make a huge stink out of Perry's appearance leading up to the debate.

Let's hope that people can be intelligent enough to realize it. Unfortunately, the old folks voting have a harder time with it. Perry and Romney are both like used car salesmen and for some reason the older voters seem to like that.

One of the first things my son said tonight was " Romney seems like a good people person", and that's fine but Romney also got a LOT of air time as well as good solid questions most of the time.

Sure he may look great as an actor would, but Americans really need to stop looking at the presidential nominations like it's "American Idol". We are talking about the presidency, let's focus more on their policies and less on their character. Obama had great character but his character has done nothing for the country.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
How can anybody say Huntsman did well? He changed the topic almost every single time to fit in his frame of agenda, he never answered any questions directly, it felt so awkward to see him do that repeatedly.

Huntsman goes after the peoples emotion, he is of no substance.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yes, RP definitely won because of this but nobody knows he won because nobody knew he started it (only RP supporters do).

But I'm so suprised to hear people attacking the fed, bernanke, talk about nation building, etc... This is all thanks to Ron Paul's hard work and honesty. GOP are now pandering to Ron Paul's supporters because most of America is potentially a Ron Paul supporter, this just goes to show you how manipulated everything is, because if the media was fair, everybody would know about Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

edit on 9/8/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Huntsman is by far the best candidate this election but I have two very huge problems with him. First is his jobs plan that pretty much spells out free-trade expansion like never before, assuming that will create jobs. Second is his love affair with China, admittedly I do not want someone to start a war with that country but I do not want them to get away with trade manipulation either.

But the problem for Jon is that there really is no large opening in the GOP primaries for a very moderate candidate, regardless of electability and intelligence. So at this time I am thinking the GOP primaries are going to look something like 1980 Republican Presidential Primary just not so one-sided for a candidate. Replace the names Ronald Reagan, George Bush, and John Anderson with Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, and Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I don't know how any conservative can, in their right minds, vote for Perry, that man can't get anymore liberal!

His record leaned so left, it fell over.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join