Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Ecliptic plane , 2012 and the dawn of a new age thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You're not changing the point of the thread (I don't think), because it's about the astronomical phenomena of the ecliptic plane and the impending convergences of 12/21/2012. Various systems have been brought into the discussion including the Hindu Yugas and the Mayan calendar. The point about the dating that I'm trying to make is that you're arguing from a position of faith, a literal belief in the word of the Vedas, whereas my position is that a literal belief in Hinduism is a misunderstanding of material that had its origins in allegorical descriptions of astronomical bodies and their movements. It's not my intention to insult or attack anyone's religious beliefs, but we can't be restrained by modern day concepts of dogma in our investigation of this material.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Cicada]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
What a great thread.Very thought provoking.Thanks to you all I have some inspiration for a new song.Been awhile since the last post I hope aliasjones will be updating soon.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Sorry too hungry to read this thread so heres whatI got

Originally posted by ViolatoR
The earth will complete a cycle in its wobble on December 21 of 2012. This is called the draco cycle because the earths wobble draws a circle around most of the draco constillation. Due to the shifting of our north star the constillations appear to move around in whats called the precession of the equinox/zodiac. Also, the sun's path will cross into the dark spot in the milky way which is considered to be the mouth of the Xibalba or mayan underworld; so the sun will descend into hell so to speak. This dark area is also the "mouth" of a huge serpent who is swallowing its own tail (Ouroboros).

The reason that it happens on this date is because this same event 26,000 years ago is supposed to be the beginning of the world for the mayans. The 9 levels of creation of consciousness come to fruition at the end of their calander which is in 2012.

This crossing of the sun's path through the center of the galaxy is known as the Tree of Life to the mayans and the event will happen at exactly 11:11am GMT.

And

(www.near-death.com...)
Approximately every 121 years, the planet Venus transits in front of the sun (called a planetary "eclipse" or "occultation). This eclipse of Venus always happens in pairs. The first occurred on June 8th, 2004, and the second will take place on June 6, 2012. Astrologers believe that this eight-year period in between eclipses of Venus represents a kind of “doorway” through which a global consciousness will begin to dominate humanity. The year 2012 is a very important date because it is also the end of the Mayan calendar. The Mayans were able to determine the exact timing between Venus passages to the exact number and without fine optical observation instruments, it is still a mystery how Mayan astrologers were able to discern such an exact timing. Mayan prophecy states that a new consciousness will be born on the 2012 eclipse of Venus. The Mayan's associated the planet Venus with Quetzalcoatl, the Mayan messiah figure who lived in the year 40 AD and who is supposed to return again in 2012.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kshatreya_putrudu
Hey guys,
Good discussion going on.
Just want to clear something, the Kali Yuga is not to end for thousands of years. We are still relatively in the beginning of the Kali Yuga.

'So, the Yuga system is about precession, as we have decoded from the classic cycle lengths above, and after looking at Jenkins' updates to Yukteswar's work, we can see that the end of Descending Kali Yuga corresponds to the Pisces - Aquarius transition of Western astrology, and to the solstice-galaxy alignment era AD 1998 - 2012.' Cicada

I thank you Cicada, for your supportive info, and enjoyed it. It is now claimed by some that there are over 100 cultures which have traditions passed down from ancient times which all point to the same general time period as being a major event. In my research, I have read at least a dozen that quite clearly show that the time is very near. Only the Maya have a date, but others refer to the astronomical alignment which will exist at that time. The American Indian prophecies are at the top of my list of favorites. They describe signs which are very specific and clear to me, such as the eagle flying to the moon, a house in the sky, and the children of the newcomers adopting the Native ways, such as long hair, painted faces, and the idea that all people are family. The hippy movement fit that one in my view. There are many others I find just as clearly foretold. On a more scientific note, I offer this. Astronomers have recorded a solar phenomenon affecting stars which are of the same type as our own, which they can't explain. They will become much brighter for a very short time, like a few days. Then they return to their previous brightness. One star became seven times as bright as normal. If our sun did this, the effects would be very much like what has been foreseen - global fires, etc. The fires of hell may well be the setting of the preparation for the rebirth. For every birth, their must also be a death. I bet that something like this solar flare up will be the cleansing event, and that the survivors will usher in a much more spiritual era.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Isnt there some passage in revelations that speaks about the signs in the sky and a cross in the heavens, the cross-ing of the sun's path and the galactice center - tree of life - abyss - mouth of a serpent - conjucted with the draco cycle - precession of the equinox - eclipse of venus/lucifer - alignment thingy? anyone know??????????? Ill look for it right now and see if I can find it, so ill brb.

so far this is the closest that I can find.

Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

(This next quote isnt all that related but it sounds fitting

Luke 21:25
“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Ok sorry but I cant find what I was looking for. Anyways the Hebrews were really good astronomers as well and perhaps they knew of the alignment comming in 2012.

[edit on 9/2/2006 by ViolatoR]

[edit on 9/2/2006 by ViolatoR]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The book tells of a great fire burning the men, and a global disaster which kills almost everything and everyone. It is hard to make sense of much of it, but the references to fire from the sky, a great heat burning the men, etc. fit in with the many other ancient descriptions.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
thats one dam big read! pardon my ignorance, but i couldn't get through all of it, i'm not very informed on astrology, wish i was but could never get my head around the Zodiac calendar or Mayan calendar, whichever it may be. all that info, what does it culminate into? is this a spacial alignment? and if it does mean something for Humans, what? and why would a spacial shift affect us in such a way? i'm not being picky or anything here, these are general "stupid people" questions that people like myself would ask.

Anyway, interesting topic, wish i understood it!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I like the story line done by Flagship Studios for their new game called 'Hellgate:London'. They state that on that date in 2012 rifts (dimensional gates) will open to our world directly from hell and we will be invaded.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
very nice alias, i loved it. i beleive in the myan calender, its been here alot longer than anything i have encountered. it seems an ending of earth and a new beginning is about to occurr, not only in the myan calender, but in world events. the closer we get to that date, the worse things will get. all havoc and ruin in the years 2007-2012, the dawn of man and from 2012- whenever is the new beginning i believe.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Is there an explanation as to what properties outside of the Earth's atmosphere have a substantial effect on the human mind?
When planets and stars are in a certain alignment, what mysterious forces are emmitted toward our planet? Gravity? Light? Magic?

From generation to generation the human mind continues to improve and adapt. Countless unique personalities develope from birth to death. day to day, moment to moment. It is logical that every aspect of an individuals mental and physical attributes are influenced by genetics and our (earth based) environment. It is apparrent that our moons gravity has an effect on the ocean tides.
As we gain a better understanding of how the universe works, it becomes more difficult to comprehend supernatural ideas.
Science may claim that nearby planets and celestial bodies are made up of the same elements found on Earth. Some might claim we have acheived a full understanding of how the human brain functions and developes. Logic and observence of tangible evidence has led some to believe that distant planets and constellations do not determine our personality traits.
Skeptics may be overlooking the fact that every emotion, decision, and opportunity they experience could be the result of what day they were born on. Instead of focusing on finding the solution to a problem, we can ask the stars what the problem means.
Hopefully, as we discover more through astronomy, we will gain a better understanding what we can and cannot predict.
I predict that corruption, conflict, confusion, and superstition, will fade as we adapt and collaborate.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just wondering
, what does everybody think about the scientists that say the poles may reverse on this date causing mass earthquakes,volcanoes and giant hurricanes?

I happen to be of the persuasion that there will be the end of an era and the beggining of a new one. I think that cycles are everpresent in our world and that time is just one of them. I dont believe that time runs in a straight line, I believe that time runs in a circle or cycles...Buuut, thats just me, and opinions are like assholes...everyone has them and most stink...lol.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hi everyone! I loved the readings on this thread. I have an Astrological software to cast natal, events, etc. charts, so I made a chart for 21 December 2012 at 11:11 Am the time of the solstice here in Miami Beach. If anybody knows how to interpret it please do so here. I don't know much about how to interpret them. Here I leave the copy of it.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by falucho05]

[img=http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3848/21dec2012solisticechartjx4.t h.png]

[edit on 11-2-2008 by falucho05]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alias Jones

The key points in this cycle are the equinoxes and solstices, which bear an undeniable relationship to the seasons. Once again, the circle is quartered. A new center is declared.

Actually, four possible centers are defined, each with their own unique characteristics. We seem to be especially drawn towards the spring equinox, since it is a time when the world is reborn. However, in the ancient world, many cultures were drawn towards the winter solstice as the time of rebirth. To the mythic mind, as the Sun/God sank lower and lower in the sky, it seemed inevitable that the light would disappear completely and all beings would die in the process. What a relief it was to see it slow down, stand still a few days, then slowly start to head higher in the sky again, the promise of new life to come. It is no coincidence that religions around the world all have festivals of light and birth in December, including Christianity's Christmas. The winter solstice is when gods are born.

This framework of equinoxes, solstices and the ecliptic poles forms an extremely valuable scaffolding for comprehending the motions of the Sun, Moon and planets.

>>and all of the above would be why the Freemason/Golden Dawn member A.E. Waite placed that 'zodiacal framework' on Card X of the most popular 21st century Tarot deck, that he helped design.

i98.photobucket.com...
Card X of the Tarot = precession clock
It depicts the four 'Fixed' signs of the zodiac. (a.k.a. four evangelists)
Vernal Equinox in Taurus would be St. Luke
Summer Solstice in Aquarius is St. Matthew
Fall Equinox in Scorpio is St. John
Winter Solstice in Leo is St. Mark

And it corresponds to 'nature's logarithmic code'?
Yes
>>> breakfornews.com...

namaste

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thanks for reviving this thread. I hadn't seen it before. Lots of great information all tied together.

Star and Flag from me!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Excellent read alias jones! This should be must reading for everyone, maybe even a mandatory high school subject, there are clues the messages from our past leave as to whom we are and why we are here.

Another very good read on this subject, along with the previously mentioned Hamlet's Mill by Giorgio De Santillana and Hertha Von Dechend, would be Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock. He explains very well the allegory behind the numerology of the Yuga system and how the numbers are precessional.

Thanks and Peace to you

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
its getting closer every ime i bump this thread

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliasJones
its getting closer every ime i bump this thread

Hey AliasJones, got any new thoughts or evidence for the coming 2012 shift?

I just read through the whole thread, just wanted to share this:

edit on 2-11-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well I'm back. Had to change my name because my Email has changed in the 8 years plus since I originally posted this thread. We are now in 2012. If a more opportune time to revisit the ideas presented in this thread exsist, I couldnt imagine when that would be. I will be posting some more relevant info shortly - but wanted to bump this for everyone to take a moment and read through some of it first.

back at ya soon

Alias Smith

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
"Every year, on the December solstice, the Sun and the Milky Way, from the surface of the Earth, appear to come into alignment, and every year, precession causes a slight shift in the Sun's position in the Milky Way. Given that the Milky Way is between 10° and 20° wide, it takes between 700 and 1400 years for the Sun's December solstice position to precess through it. It is currently about halfway through the Milky Way"

Care to comment?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alias Jones

Looks like we are just about on schedule for the December 21, 2012 new age.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join